[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes math beautiful to you? Is it the patterns or the relationships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 499-beauty.png (33KB, 315x246px) Image search: [Google]
499-beauty.png
33KB, 315x246px
What makes math beautiful to you? Is it the patterns or the relationships between different subfields?
>>
pure logical reasoning is pretty fun
>>
>>7665016
this desu. It's fascinating that we could come up with hundreds upon thousands of theorems and ways to explain the universe by building upon a relatively small amount of axioms.
>>
>>7664459
its goodness
>>
I wouldn't call math beautiful. It's interesting and oftentimes fun, but a lot of the time it's just very techincal and complicated without having any inherent beauty. That's not to say it's not worthwhile, but it's just not beautiful.

People who say that sound like those who 'fucking love science'.
>>
>>7664459
I've been looking for borweins integral for the last week. Thanks OP.
>>
>>7664459
Because I want to know more of our Universe, and part of this is mathematics. I don't know why I find the Universe beautiful though, it just feels like this to me.
>>
for me it's finding solutions to problems both real and imagined
each branch of math is dedicated to solving certain problems, but they all intertwine into the grand language of logic we call mathematics
>>
This might sound odd, but one of the biggest initial draws to pure math for me is the arcane and abstract notation thats used and can be created. I think that a good notation or symbolic representation of something that can be abstractly and symbolically understood and manipulated is an incredibly under rated tool.
>>
>>7664459
I make math beautiful.
>>
File: liter.jpg (78KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
liter.jpg
78KB, 640x533px
>le math is le beautiful
>le math is an art xD
>>
>>7666069
Who let the /pol/acks in?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.