[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get addicted to things that are productive instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Landscape_01[1].jpg (612KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Landscape_01[1].jpg
612KB, 1920x1080px
How do you get addicted to things that are productive instead of things that are unproductive like procrastination?
>>
It's harder I'm pretty much addicted to CAD, math, programming, electronics but it's exhausting on my mind, think working out , people are addicted to working out going a couple of hours everyday because it takes a huge toll on your body , the addiction pretty much lies in the daily consistency.
>>
>>7658968
Genetics.

Not even shitposting. There's a higher reward payoff/work for people who are more academically inclined, and academic performance is largely due to your genetic phenotype.

http://www.nature.com/articles/srep11713

>tl;dr: /sci/'s elitism has been vindicated.
>>
>>7659002
>everything is genetics
Almost everything that people think is "genetics" is actually environment or at most a combination of both. Take a person out of a culture in which he would normally be expected to have poor academic performance and put him in an environment that would encourage high academic performance and guess what happens? It has very little to do with genetics.
>>
>>7659026
>is actually environment
No, it's mostly genetic as the most rigorous and extensive study in the field to date has shown.

Why did you fail to read the Nature article I conveniently provided? Do you perhaps have low stock genetics?
>>
File: sat-race-income-1995.png (18KB, 483x291px) Image search: [Google]
sat-race-income-1995.png
18KB, 483x291px
>>7659026
>Take a person out of a culture in which he would normally be expected to have poor academic performance and put him in an environment that would encourage high academic performance and guess what happens?
They perform better due to reaching their full potential, but that potential is till determined by genetics.

For example if you take a large sample of black male children and put them into a highest income bracket white family, then on average they will still perform poorer than the lowest income bracket white males and far poorer than the equivalent high incomr of other races.

The data simply doesn't support your beliefs, genetics has a very large impact.
>>
>>7659035
>environment = income
I think it's a little more complicated than that.
>>
>>7659040
There have been studies on children raised by white academics, industrial leaders and just about every other environment you can imagine and none of them support the beliefs of the current political climate. Most of these studies are not conclusive due to too few data points and uncontrolled factors.

That >>7659002 is one of the first conclusive studies. For academic performance in traditional subjects it is almost entirely heritable controlling for intelligence.
>>
>>7659046
How can it be completely heritable? Just look at the image here: >>7659035 proves that it's not completely heritable.
>>
>>7658968
Define:
>Productive, to whose benefit?
>Productive, measured in what?

What is productivity, really?
>>
>>7659132
Productive = Doing something to benefit you in the long term
Procrastination = Doing something to benefit you in the short term only
>>
>>7659136
You have to take into account that obsessive self-improvement is not necessarily beneficial if it's done for its own sake.
>>
>>7659141
Ignore the word beneficial then. It's more about doing things that add up to long term goals as opposed to doing something that is done only for the present.
>>
File: commit sudoku.jpg (40KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
commit sudoku.jpg
40KB, 599x337px
>>7659035
>tfw you'll never be Asian
>>
>>7659184
It's more about having asian parents than having asian genes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.