[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about flat earthers? https://www.yout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 15

What do you guys think about flat earthers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5i_iDyUTCg
This is the video all of them post when cornered and desperately want to convert someone to their religious cult.
>>
>>7654852
Shit thread.
>>
>>7654852
I was cringing at 30 seconds in
I think the only way to show them the curvature of the Earth is to actually stick them in an aircraft and fly high enough but that's be really expensive and they'd probably say that it was a clever simulation or something.
Not really much point arguing with them, there's a huge amount of evidence they're already ignoring so we may as well let them be deluded in their own corner as long as they don't try and convince others that the earth is flat
>>
>>7654852
flat earthers are really just trolls. the whole flat earth thing is a 'debate society' front.
>>
>>7654852

>What do you guys think about flat earthers?

I think they are a bunch of wackos.
>>
>>7654852
If I had infinite money I would pack them all up on a rocket and send them into low earth orbit so they can see for themselves. The rocket will be fitted with individual return capsules. Each has two buttons inside, marked "The earth is flat" and "the earth is not flat." The latter sends them back to earth, the former spins the capsule up to 9000 RPM and blasts out into space.
>>
>>7655150
>Up to
>Not over
7/10, imperfect writing
>>
I don't understand the desire for flat earth theorists to be right.

Their argument hinges on some massive conspiracy that every single government on the planet and scientist is in on since their "proof" is very simple logical idea that somehow no scientist can refute without "lying".

Assuming the world truly is flat what would hiding this knowledge from the general populace do for literally every single government on the planet and the scientific community? Who stands to gain from this?
>>
Flat earth is part of the flat mind program, a well funded psyop to gauge the effectiveness of the science of mass deception.

We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director (from first staff meeting in 1981)
>>
I asked again in another thread.

If there is a flat earth, why can't we visit the edge?
>>
>>7655429
Because governments are keeping you away from the edges.
>>
>>7654852
There are no real 'flat earthers'. It's a troll device that ultimately gets them back around to mocking something stupid you believe in.
>>
You can't prove one model by disproving another. TND doesn't apply.
>>
>>7654852
Stupid, what you just need to do to dig a 1cm hole and see you will looking at space
>>
>>7655458
>>>7654852 (OP)
>Stupid, what you just need to do to dig a 1cm hole and see you will looking at space

will corredt this
change that to
They are ultra stupid, what you just need to do to prove flat earth theory is wrong is to dig a 1cm hole, then you look at this hole and you will see you will not be looking at space, so the earth is not flat
>>
>>7655437

It's really just a meme. Which are getting out of hand.
>>
If the earth is flat how can it be that its day in Europe but night in Australia?

I mean c'mon its 2015
>>
>>7655244
It's a lie made by god because he's on the underside masturbating.
>>
>>7654911

many are not trolls. I suspect a lot of it is religious cultists trying to brainwash young dumb people.

Also, look at the videos and see how many upvotes they get.
>>
>>7654911
Oh how I wish this were true.

They believe anon, they believe
>>
>>7655244
Some people just like conspiracies. Its like a mental illness they NEED to believe there's some grand lie going on.

Also some of them are religious fundamentalists and they feel its related to evolution and atheism. Basically they think acedmia has been lying to us for centuries all building up to today selling people evolution and atheism.
>>
>>7655431

Oh fucking come off it. The U.S. and the civilized countries in Europe can't keep their own fucking borders in check. What is a testable, falsifiable prediction that the flat-earth model makes that CAN ONLY BE EXPLAINED by the flat-earth model. Pathetic and obvious attempts to bullshit an explanation in response to a spherical earth prediction does not count.
>>
File: Flat earth NASA.jpg (923KB, 2165x2295px) Image search: [Google]
Flat earth NASA.jpg
923KB, 2165x2295px
>>7654903
>>7656311
>>7656325
>>7656351
>>7655150
>only way to show them the curvature of the Earth is to actually stick them in an aircraft and fly high enough

looks flat to me

/thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwimocU0IIc

btw round earth proofs are entireley based on assumption and not real testing.
>>
>>7654852
They're pretty okay.

Just okay.
>>
File: 1447262570116.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1447262570116.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>7656507
Looks flat to me too.
>>
>>7656783

it's obvious the base of the buildings is below the horizon.
>>
>>7656507
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwimocU0IIc

WTF? Just from the video thumbnail there's obvious curvature.

if it "looks flat" to you, you're blind.
>>
>>7654852
Same thread same narrative, OP is literally Eric Dubay.
>>
>>7656783
>>7656900
Yeah seriously, man. You can see where the curvature of the earth gets in the way of seeing the whole building down to its bottom.
>>
>>7656916
>>7656916
Not only is the earth flat, the universe is flat too. We are mapped onto a hyperspatial extr-dimension
>>
>>7656783
>>7656900
>>7656911
>>7656916
Zooming in on the mirage above the horizon. Especially with weather conditions and light heating up the flat surface of the ocean and eye level of the observation. /sci/ I am disappointed. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hHO-mjiJ11Q
>>
If Flat Earthers were right you could see the New York skyline from the Spanish coast with a mid-cheap tier telescope.
>>
>>7657092
Not true at all. Try zooming in on a mountain and you have atmospheric problems. Same thing happens with your wives tale.
>>
>>7657115
>Try zooming in on a mountain and you have atmospheric problems

what does that even mean?

You dont even need to zoom in thousands of miles (which any shit telescope can)

Literally just need to find something A couple of hundred miles wide water. You should see the coastline from the other side with any kind of telescope if Flat Earthers were right.

If you cant see ANYTHING at all that must mean the Earth is round.

This is kinda similar, in fact a x83 zoom would be more than enough to cover something like 200 miles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfshAzV0FN4
>>
>>7654852
That picture actually makes a lot of sense. No joke.
>>
>>7657119
learn to physics. im not joking.

look what happens when you zoom in on mirages and atmospheric distortion

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Ae_HWRv2Q

2.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Ry0UAJKO4

try zooming in on a mountain of in the distance with a telescope and you dont get crystal clear sight.

It is impossible to see thousands of miles in distance with clarity above water because you have atmospheric distortions like mirages, weather, and ect.

to assume the earth is round because you cant see far enough is stupid and this is exactly by what i mean that all round earth proofs are based on assumption.
>>
File: LLC_4356-ap1.jpg (55KB, 562x397px) Image search: [Google]
LLC_4356-ap1.jpg
55KB, 562x397px
>>7657167
You dont need to get crystal clear sight. If you cant see ANYTHING at all that must mean your theory is wrong.

See there is a huge ass mountain on the other side you're supposed to see something.

Ever been to a big lake? You can see the other side just fine, no matter the distance. But there is a distance at which you wont due to curvature.

According to your theory nothing should be visible because of "athmospheric distortion" which is fucking stupid. Pic related: the bridge isnt visible becuase its distorted by air.

you're stupid as fuk
>>
>>7657167

Hey, flat-earth retard! Yes, you! Give me a prediction that the flat-earth model makes that is correct and UNIQUE to flat-earth model.

One of the predictions I can come up with is that the time to travel from Argentina to Australia should be roughly twice as long as a trip from Argentina to Anchorage, Alaska.

Whoops, it's not true. They're roughly the same distance, which works on spherical-earth model.
>>
File: 1447049923977.jpg (110KB, 840x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447049923977.jpg
110KB, 840x600px
>>7657209
>If you cant see ANYTHING at all that must mean your theory is wrong.

You can see Chicago from Michigan. that's impossible on a round earth. and there are many many examples to prove your theory is wrong.

did you even look at the videos and factor in things at ground level, given the temperature, produces mirages and do infact causes optical illusions? or how about light being a factor aswell? how far do you think that bridge is?

did it ever occur to you that your eyesight is probably a few miles in front of you and more at the horizon, or your x axis? To assume the sun sets below the curvature of the earth based on sight is woefully ignorant of the dimensions we are officially given by NASA and academic board members who are probably paid off since peer review does indeed have bias towards certain subjects, no matter how much backing in proof it has, and at one point declare cigarettes did not cause cancer.
>>
>>7657224
pilots do not account for curvature when in flight. The maintain something called altitude and level for the duration of the hours of time travel. If you did some simple critical thinking you'd find out that the earth is not round based on that alone.

Its so easy to debunk round earth proofs that its just not funny anymore.
>>
>>7657243
>You can see Chicago from Michigan. that's impossible on a round earth

You can see hundreds of miles away because of refraction, its not "impossible". By FLat Earth theory there should be no limit at all. Telescopes can see thousands of miles away.

Your theory also doesn't make sense because you just said you "cant see because of distortion" then suddenly you admit you can see dozens of miles away.
>>
>>7655460
THIS
>>
I find the flat earthers to be an incredibly interesting example of an alternative scientific paradigm

i mean, their arguments are garbage, but they're trying. it's a neat exercise
>>
So flat-Earther. I assume the ISS is a conspiracy, and all the images of the Earth people take from it are forged? And either the people who circumnavigate teh oceans are fake, or the people who have gone to the norht or south poles are fake, right?
>>
>>7657243
>You can't see far because of atmospheric effects
>but you can see Chicago from Michigan
Flat earthers really need to stop being 12.
>>
>>7657254
The problem is that clearly they lack the knowledge to do so.

Most of Flat Earthers do something like "how is x possible when y?" which does not sound like science to me, more like when kids ask teachers at school.

Considering how most of these youtubers seem to be normal not too educated people I'm not surprised.

Many don't understand such simple concepts as relative velocity or why we don't "feel" the Earth rotating etc. It's okay for an 8 year old to ask these questions, not for a 40 year old.

Also notice how they don't wanna accept even the most simple concepts when you explain them. They always come up with new stuff they don't understand and keep forgetting what you already explained. It's like a bunch of kids with ADD. "Hey teacher, whats gravity? Gravity is a force pointing downward. But then how can I jump? Gravity confirmed for NASA forgery"

You can't reason with them really, it's only funny to laugh at their misconceptions and that they think NASA faked everything, along with all the other space programs ever.
>>
File: 1386414392424.png (32KB, 514x352px) Image search: [Google]
1386414392424.png
32KB, 514x352px
>>7657249
>pilots do not account for curvature when in flight. The maintain something called altitude and level for the duration of the hours of time travel. If you did some simple critical thinking you'd find out that the earth is not round based on that alone.
>>
>>7657261
when you have professors and students repeating like parrots saying shit like gravity being a weak force yet strong enough to cause tides to a mass greater than itself, and unable to measure but "trust me its there" because its a theory and in science theory means absolute law, you know its bullshit.

even the graviton is hypothetical.
>>
>>7657270
Relatively weak force does not mean it still isn't strong in its own right. Gravity is weak in comparison to nuclear forces which hold atoms together, which means it can overcome electric forces between subatomic particles. Relative is a term you shouldn't drop so easily
>>
>>7657270
>gravity being a weak force yet strong enough to cause tides
Gravity is weak, Newton's constant is 6.674×10−11 N⋅m2/kg2. It's incredibly weak compared to the electromagnetic, strong and weak nuclear forces. The earth weighs about 6x10^24kg yet exerts a force of just 9.81N on a mass of 1kg at its surface. That's paltry.
>>
>>7657270
>unable to measure but "trust me its there"
Drop a fucking pen
>>
>>7657277
>>7657278
all these guys are saying its weak. >>7657282

yet the moon is able to overcome the earths gravitational pull at sea level causing the tides.
If i drop a pen there, will it be affected by the moons gravity? again why isnt everything else being pulled with it?
are lakes affected by it? or puddles?

How is gravity weak yet strong enough to keep the oceans from flying off the surface of the spinning earth? centrifugal force would throw everything out.

its all nonsense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JisCl6-q2fA
>>
>>7657291
>all these guys are saying its weak
I said relative to the other forces you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>7657291
>How is gravity weak yet strong enough to keep the oceans from flying off the surface of the spinning earth? centrifugal force would throw everything out.
Centrifugal force at the surface of the earth is very small since we're only rotating at an angular velocity of 2pi/(1 day in seconds) radians, which is tiny. Gravity is actually minutely weaker on the earth's surface because of it.
Just go read the wiki for tides if you want to understand that.
>>
>>7657293
radians per second*
>>
>>7657291
>If i drop a pen there, will it be affected by the moons gravity? again why isnt everything else being pulled with it?
It is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_tide
>>
>>7657292
>>7657293
so gravity is just a plot device and only works when it needs to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIvgHNkEXas
>>
>>7657291
Yes the moon's gravity does act on everything, including puddles. It's just that the oceans are massive fluid bodies. You'll also notice that when the moon is between the earth and the sun, the tides are strongest, and when the earth is between the moon and sun, the tides are weakest
>>
>>7657291
Are you mentally disabled? The reason why gravity keeps the oceans on the Earth's surface is because the Earth's oceans have a considerable mass of their own. When a large mass exerts a gravitational force on a relatively small mass, this force is smaller than the force on something more massive. Rather, they both exert a force upon another, but the oceans accelerate towards the earth as the earth has more inertia, meaning that the momentum is conserved. Also, centrifugal force is countered by centripetal force - in this case, the resultant force is not only the centrifugal force minus the force imparted on the ocean, but the centrifugal force minus the force imparted by the earth on the water plus the force of the water on the earth.
>>
>>7656507
But that doesn't look flat?

I guess this just proves they'd still think it even if we shot them into space.

Also unless a flat earth model can explain something a round earth model cannot its really not even worth considering.
>>
gravity is magic
>>
>>7657262
I like how he didn't answer your question.

Your right though, unless flat earth can explain something round earth can't its pointless.
>>
>>7657301
>gravity is just a plot device and only works when it needs to.
Where the fuck are you getting this from. Either troll/10 or failed high school/10
>>
>You'll also notice that when the moon is between the earth and the sun, the tides are strongest,
this also brings an important question. how is it that the sun has not pulled the planets closer since it gravitational pull reaches far out past the ort cloud and is much much stronger to keep giant gas planets in orbit. What is keeping the atmosphere from being sucked out into space if gravity of the moon is strong enough to move large bodies of water.

>>7657319
Centrifugal force is an outward force apparent in a rotating reference frame; it does not exist when measurements are made in an inertial frame of reference.
>>7657327
flat earth can explain a natural magnetic center than the round earth since round earth model speculates there is a magnetic core made of iron. The temperatures of the inside of the earth is far past the curie point for a magnetic core made of iron.
>>
>>7657347
Gravity from the moon is overpowered by gravity from earth, so nothing gets "sucked away" as you say. The planets more at incredible speeds around the sun, sort of like a marble spinning around a cone with no friction, the orbit won't degrade
>>
>>7657347
>how is it that the sun has not pulled the planets closer
LOOK UP ORBITAL MOTION YOU UTTER SPASTIC MONGOLOID FAGGOT
>>
>>7656507
I get the feeling you have no idea what anything in your pic means, because that is the only way you'd think it supports your claim in any way
>>
>>7657347
>speculates there is a magnetic core made of iron. The temperatures of the inside of the earth is far past the curie point for a magnetic core made of iron.
Most of the magnetic field is caused by induced currents in the liquid of the core actually.
>>
>>7657336
i did answer it. you assume that planes flying around the world means that the earth is round, yet passengers who have circumnavigated the earth on a plane have never felt the pilot adjusting constantly in altitude downwards during the duration of a 20 hour flight. Commercial jets fly at around half the speed of the estimated rotation of the earth, they would need to adjust at a drop of least 15 miles every hour to maintain altitude relative to the center otherwise they would fly into space. Ive flown many times and the plane always remains level in altitude with slight adjustment using barometers.
>>
>>7657364
and what is that liquid made of?
>>
>>7657380
That's not the question he was asking.

>>7657347
So what does flat earth say causes the magnetic field?
>>
>>7654852
>>7656783
How come there are Flat Earthers and not Hemisphere Earthers?

The earth is actually an Hemisphere lmao seems more reasonable than a flat earth
>>
>>7657380
>otherwise they would fly off into space
Lol

Planes aren't traveling fast enough to fly off into space, or even to increase in altitude when staying at constant velocity. Now aerodynamics are actually pretty complicated, so I'll leave it at that.

But basically, you're suggesting that if we point a plane straight up, there is no reason it shouldn't make it to space
>>
Why is this, uhm, "debate" in the science section and not in /b/?
>>
>>7656507
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>7657380
Gravitational forces act towards the centre of the earth at any point, so as the lane moves gravity acts in a slightly different direction, bringing it back level. Stop talking when you don't understand the basics of the topic.
>>
>>7657407
Shitposters spamming it all over /pol/ and /his/ finally moved here.
>>
>>7657402
not straight up, but the actual behavior of a plane works by going in a straight line once it gains lift, making minor adjustments to maintain altitude until landing. Going in a straight path in the air on a curved surface on international flights means you will eventually end up in space.

I mean its right in front of your face that the earth is not a globe.
http://traveltips.usatoday.com/altitude-plane-flight-100359.html
>>
>>7657422
you can thank /x/ for grooming flat earth threads and letting it beomce a thing.
>>
>>7657428
Do you not get how gravity works? It's like saying by walking in a straight line on a curved surface I will walk into space. The plane at constant altitude follows a curved path.
>>
>>7657428
We are rapidly approaching a stupidity singularity here. Very amusing to watch.
>>
File: netflix-mad-men.gif (2MB, 450x259px) Image search: [Google]
netflix-mad-men.gif
2MB, 450x259px
>>7657421
>>7657422
>Gravitational forces act towards the centre of the earth at any point, so as the lane moves gravity acts in a slightly different direction, bringing it back level
>Gravitational forces act towards the centre of the earth at any point,
>gravity acts in a slightly different direction

gravity seems to do everything except being measured.
>>
>>7657456
>gravity acts in a slightly different direction
Why is this hard? It's a radial force acting equally in all directions. There's a reason we often solve equations for it in spherical polar coordinates.
>>
>>7654852
Honestly, once commercial space travel is common place all these flat earth idiots will be blown out of the water. We just need time, because no matter what arguments you put out they'll stick to their idiotic beliefs.
>>
>>7657456
>gravity seems to do everything except being measured
What does this even mean? It's been well measured
>>
>>7657428
Flight paths actually provide more evidence that the Earth is round. If you look up the flight path from New York to London, for example, planes follow geodesics, arc lengths of great circles that are the shortest distance between two points on a spherical surface. They do NOT fly in a straight line.
>>
>>7657428
Do you know how boats work? That basically how planes work while cruising. In order to gain altitude and maintain it, they essentially have to speed up and maintain that higher speed. This in turn requires more fuel, and eventually will decrease range. If you just raise the nose of the plane without increasing thrust, then eventually you bleed off your momentum until you start to lose altitude again.

Again, it is more complicated than I am going into, but essentially some people who can actually use math to solve problems figured out a good altitude and speed for planes to maintain to balance flight time, fuel consumption, and other variables. So long as pilots maintain level flight and velocity, the plane essentially turns into a boat floating on air.

Aircraft still of course lose velocity to air resistance, which is why they must maintain under constant power, constant thrust, just to maintain the same altitude. Planes also naturally roll from side to side and require constant adjustment to maintain level flight. Autopilots take care of most adjustments during flight in modern planes, but without constant adjustments, aircraft would fall out of the sky. These constant adjustments happen continuously throughout a flight and are generally very minor, which is why passengers don't really notice.

So in reality, pilots (or autopilots) have to constantly raise the nose of the aircraft just so they don't crash into the ground, and NOT constantly drop the nose to keep from flying off into space like your retarded ass seems to think these flying perpetual motion machines of yours are capable of
>>
File: sa-perth.jpg (52KB, 400x341px) Image search: [Google]
sa-perth.jpg
52KB, 400x341px
>>7657470
flight paths vary and layovers happen.
>>
>>7657509
You don't actually know about about map projections, do you
>>
>>7657509
>that image
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ETOPS
There's no available backup airports in the southern Indian ocean
>>
File: BallEarthMath.jpg (184KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
BallEarthMath.jpg
184KB, 720x960px
>>7657478
the fact remains that planes adjust and remain a certain altitude when in flight for long duration over seas. The passengers would definitely feel a drop as the pilots adjusted for several miles, like 15 or more of curvature at a speed of 550 mph. minor adjustments is an understatement in your case.
>>
>>7657519
>The passengers would definitely feel a drop as the pilots adjusted for several miles
> The passengers would definitely feel a drop as the pilots adjusted for several miles
No they wouldn't, the acceleration to go round a curve 15 miles "down" and 550 miles long under earth gravity is very small.
>>
>>7657527
gravity or not, passengers can feel minor adjustments and cabin pressure. they would essentially be flying downward after a height was reached to clear topography or follow traffic.
>>
>>7657519
I said continuous minor adjustments, there was no understatement. "Straight and level flight" does not follow a straight line, but a curve. And again, pilots must constantly RAISE the nose of the aircraft to maintain level flight, NOT LOWER like your pic implies. The only point your argument makes is that you understand nothing of aerodynamics.

To simplify things, imaging a plane cruising in a "straight and level" flight to be a boat on water. As it travels across the ocean, it does not drift up off of the water because gravity holds the boat down. The boat also does not sink because buoyancy hold it up. A plane behaves essentially the exact same way, which gravity keeping the plane "straight" instead of rising like in your pic, and the pilot keeping the plane "level" keeps the plane from sinking. In reality, it is MUCH more complicated than this, but it is obviously pointless to try and explain it to you.

Baseline is that if you honestly believe a plane could drift off into space by simply pointing it up, in either flat or round Earth models, then you are an uneducated, underaged, helpless idiot who desperately needs a formal education if you want to contribute to modern society in any meaningful and beneficial way. I suggest doing some sort of service for people instead of pursuing and education in anything based in logic. Maybe get your pilot's license and fly people around while you can discover how the world actually works
>>
>>7657538
>they would essentially be flying downward
No, because downwards is towards the earth's surface, so downwards changes direction as you travel across the earth.
>>
>>7657546
>get your pilot's license
Pilots need a brain
>>
>>7657270
You sound like a kid asking "if gravity is real how come I don't see things orbiting me?"
Also:
>in science theory means absolute law
No, that's not how physics works you dumbass
>>
>>7657546
planes work on thrust. boats work on buoyancy. Water doesnt follow a curve and it never buldges, it always finds a level surface.

planes gain altitude and level off only to decend on landing.

like others have stated, gravity is weak enough to allow oceans to be affected by the moon and sun, so no doubt thats not whats keeping the plane following the non- existent curvature.

A plane that's obviously not affected by gravity, but density, and works on thrust, traveling in a straight path, would indeed reach the upper layers of the atmosphere. but since they maintain level with the horizon on a z axis, they would indeed see curvature on an x axis as well which their instruments would be useless in that case. There is a true up and down with aviation.
and also >>7656507

means that they can make calculations without reference of trajectory and going 550 mph or more would eventually come across a lots of curvature over the circumference of the earth. Why would they waste time on making those calculations for applications if they knew the earth wasnt flat?
>>
>>7657579
that's because wind patterns, Coriolis effect, and streams contradicts the atmosphere spinning with the earth.
>>
>>7654852
Why am I seeing so much Flat Earth discussion lately? Here, on /pol/ and on /x/. Was it always like this?

In my country, a facebook page for Flat Earthers started getting relevance. Is this happening worldwide?
>>
>>7657611
>/pol/
>/x/

you dont belong here.
>>
>>7657613
> i am the police of /sci/
you don't belong here
>>
>>7657589
>obviously not affected by gravity
Oh, so that's why when I turn my planes off, they just float off into space instead of falling back to Earth.

Your post is a mess. Go read some books and get an education. And please get off /sci/ with this nonsense. You're trying to fight a model that has been around for THOUSANDS of years, and is supported by unimaginable amounts of experiments and evidence. The model has been evolving for so long that it is without a doubt >99% accurate. Some details may be a bit off still, but without a doubt it is not just some ridiculous theory that only works on happenstance like you so adamantly believe. We're talking about a model that has been exposed to hundreds of generations of scientists and has still held, or has been modified where parts have been reasonably wrong. Thousands of years of credibility against some no names who spent a few days of time making YouTube videos. There is no comparison here, one model is absolutely worthless in comparison to the other.

Your argument is not scientifically based in the slightest, and you lack common knowledge in most of the topics related to your argument, so your argument holds zero weight. Thus, it is off topic for this board. Feel free to continue responding but understand that your responses are nothing more than shitposts.
>>
>>7657625
it falls back to the earth because its made of aluminum and its heavier than air and lost thrust. Its made of metal.

if gravity was real then buoyancy and density would not exist. The plane would not be able to take off. This is the same gravity that holds the oceans and rocks and everything around you yet allows balloons of helium to rise, leaves to be carried by winds and birds to fly.
>>
>>7654852
If the Earth is flat then surely the sun and moon would be flat too, right?

And the stars and other planets.
>>
>>7657644
>if gravity was real then buoyancy and density would not exist. The plane would not be able to take off. This is the same gravity that holds the oceans and rocks and everything around you yet allows balloons of helium to rise, leaves to be carried by winds and birds to fly.
Gravity is simply a force, if you exceed it you will go upwards, planes are still acted on by gravity, but the lift force generated by their wings exceeds gravity and lifts them upwards. The force of wind on a leaf exceeds the gravitational force on the left, the bird exerts more force upwards than gravity does pulling it down. Helium balloons have a greater air pressure pushing them upwards than the force of gravity pulling them down.
None of this is hard to understand.
>>
>>7657644
Nice shitposting
>>
>>7657657
>None of this is hard to understand.
yeah it is. how does it pull the moon if something as lightweight as a bird can escape it?
>>
>>7657624
He's wrong in that regard, but you can't deny most people from those boards have no regard for science.
>>
>>7657664
>how does it pull the moon if something as lightweight as a bird can escape it?
The moon doesn't have wings and isn't flapping against the air to generate a lifting force?
>>
>>7657661
im not shit posting.

taking air out in a chamber is just taking the medium out of which objects are surrounded in. Fill that chamber with water and the denser object sinks first. IF gravity were real and a constant in keeping the earth like it is, then no matter what medium surrounds the object, it would be pulled under. Its strong enough to pull the moon for a spin yet not strong enough for holding down a balloon in the air. How is it that the sun is able to have planets orbiting it without eventually pulling them all in or orbits colliding.
IF the moons gravity is strong enough to cause the tides then the earths gravity has to be greater on principle of having more mass that it keeps the moon in orbit. But its weak enough to allow for things like butterflies to take off?
>>
>>7657686
GRAVITY IS DEPENDENT ON THE MASS OF THE OBJECT BEING PULLED AS WELL AS THAT OF THE EARTH. THE MOON IS MUCH HEAVIER THAN A BUTTERFLY.
> IF gravity were real and a constant in keeping the earth like it is, then no matter what medium surrounds the object, it would be pulled under
NO BECAUSE WHEN YOU DISPLACE WATER WATER PRESSURE PUSHES YOU UP, CANCELLING OUT THE FORCE OF GRAVITY.
>How is it that the sun is able to have planets orbiting it without eventually pulling them all in or orbits colliding.
BECAUSE THEY'RE IN ORBITS, NOT FREEFALL. LOOK UP ORBITAL MOTION.
>>
>>7657686
>Its strong enough to pull the moon for a spin yet not strong enough for holding down a balloon in the air
No force pushes the moon outwards, it's moving in a vacuum and maintains orbit because it's moving fast enough perpendicular to the line between it and the earth at any time. Meanwhile air pressure pushes a helium balloon upwards with a greater force than the force of gravity on the balloon, so the balloon goes up. This is middle school physics now, how forces work.
>>
>>7657686
I still see a shitpost

This is a shitpost about a field of physics called "statics" and is high school tier physics taught, generally, immediately after algebra. It concerns all systems where internal forces are, or are not, in equilibrium, and about what actions result from what forces being introduced. Moon in orbit is in equilibrium, and all forces in the system balance and maintain the equilibrium. A butterfly flapping it's wings is not in equilibrium, and is constantly adding new forces into the system from energy it gains from flowers which have gained energy from the sun, leading to a change in position.

All of the examples you are shitposting about are on extremely small time scales. The moon is actually drifting away from the Earth as a result of the tidal forces within the Earth-Moon system. Eventually, the moon will leave Earth. But before that, the Sun will swell to a red giant and swallow the Earth and Moon whole.

>>7657644
This is a shitposting about gravity. You claim that gravity is fake but acknowledge that the plane is heavier than air. "Heavy" is the result of gravity, mass, and inertia, and would not exist as a phenomena without gravity. So if gravity did not exist as you claim, then you'd have no argument.
>>
>>7657710
heavy means its denser than what surrounds it and everything works according to that scale. gravity is a way to explain why things don't fly off the surface in a ball earth. gravity is hypothetical with density and buoyancy backing it as proofs.

furthermore the idea of an equilibrium in a random and chaotic nature after the big bang is highly unlikely. especially if the moons mass is 1.2% of the earths.
>>
>>7657258
The ISS is there, you can obviously see it through any telescope, really you just need to plan the time when it comes around, but its if we have a human up in the ISS that we dont believe is true. They have blown cover on their live streams before that they arent in the iss. Look it up.
>>
>>7657890
If you want to convince me that a conspiracy is real, then you can fucking provide the proof, m8.
>>
>>7657903
Can you provide me information on how nasa began? Can you provide me information on the moon landing that is valid? Can you prove anything from 9/11 valid? Can you prove anything these people have thrown down your throat? NO So.. on your own without the assistance of your trusted and much loved Nasa, can you provide ME proof that the earth is round? Have you seen the curve? have you really? How do you trust someone so horrifying as the fucking operation paperclip fuckers?
>>
>>7657903
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWLOT3Tqi-Q
>>
>>7657903
I forgot to mention, I was just like you a month ago man... I just want the world to really do research and find their own real conclusions. Please look into the experiments done that do prove the earth is flat like the book in the moonlight (the shaded side of the book still showed signs that the sun was still pointing at the thermometer) Please just be skeptical of your government, they arent good people.
>>
>>7657913
Why would I need to convince a loony conspiracy theorist on 4chan of anything? My belief (the true one) is the baseline which nearly everyone on the Earth believes. Your ideas have everything to gain by adding to your ranks. Mine have nothing to lose by not convincing you.
>>
>>7657915
Oh my God. Thankfully I watched just enough of the video to find this gem. Fucking saved.

>>7657917
>Be skeptical of your government
There's being skeptical, and then there's subscribing to teh least likely reality because you're inherently opposed to everything the government says and suffer from severe confirmation bias.

And again, for the THIRD time in this thread, the logical implications of a flat earth mean it's not just the government that's lying to you. It's every government on Earth. It's thousands upon thousands of individuals in fields from transportation to GPS, etc, etc. They're all perpetuating a giant global conspiracy, the likes of which are unheard of, according to you.
>>
>>7657924
and either do I so see ya! You just stay the way you are then there ... uh... I will just call you brainwash. Cant get past the illusion of life you live. At the end of the day, you lose because you are just another jewmerican product. I could find you a video right now of Putin hinting the earth is flat. Get over yourself, those young adolescent years fucked your brain.
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (134KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
134KB, 446x400px
>>7657938
No! Don't forsake us oh enlightened one. We've much to learn from your infinite wisdom! We are mere sheeple! The Jews have brainwashed us and their reptillian masters laugh at our ignorance!
>>
>>7657933
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM7vVtBIeCE&index=4&list=PL_2NzKg0JlbpTZ-cD6SWWCYmXM1CnyaBG
>>
>>7657943
Woaaaaaaah, I am not saying i am enlightened!!! Thats a feat that I wont say I have made, when did I say that? I think its funny that you dont take in account that everything and anything you see if made up of the same shit - atoms. And on a sub atomic level you find no matter what so ever, you find energy. You are energy and your chair is energy. Dont you get that everything is not so black and white. WAKE UP. RESEARCH. Quit having your biases take over. Please. Help humanity out of this stupid western society. Or just sit back and work 9 - 5 and never do shit, thats fine too.
>>
>>7657966

Replies to a good argument with yet another stupid video.
>>
File: sheeple.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
sheeple.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>7657938
>, you lose because you are just another jewmerican product.
>>
>>7658013
Did you run our of images in your meme folder ?
>>
>>7658022
No, why?
>>
>>7658026
you stopped your very funney memeposting
>>
>>7657917
The round Earth model is over a thousand years old and has outlived all modern governments.
>>
>>7658150
This.

People have believed the earth was round since ancient times, both the flat earth model and the round earth model are extremely old.

Neither one is an invention of modern acedima.
>>
>>7657613
>>7657668
Oh, don't worry. I go to /pol/ to laugh at /pol/tards, and to /x/ because I like conspiracies and spooky stuff, but I don't buy their shit.

I'm a man of science, don't worry.

My point is: Flat Earth seems to be getting more popular than it used to be. If it's not just an impression, why is it happening?
>>
>>7657917
>I just want the world to really do research and find their own real conclusions.

There is a shitton of photos and videos from space, m8.

The fact that you are stupid enough to believe they are all fake and part of a big conspiracy don't make them lesser evidence.

Also, you know, the whole scientific community from the whole world, the legion of amateur astronomers, etc.
>>
>>7658264
>why is it happening?
Stupidity is given a platform to speak now online, regardless of how unscientific it may be. It's the same reason anti-vaccine people are a thing.
>>
>>7658674
I understand that, but the internet has been around for quite some time, and only this year I've seen this Flat Earth emergence.

Am I mistaken? Has it been as big as it is for longer?
>>
>>7654852
Every single other planet and star is round. Hope you're a troll.
>>
File: flat_moon_transit.jpg (22KB, 483x385px) Image search: [Google]
flat_moon_transit.jpg
22KB, 483x385px
>>7658264
>why is it happening?
It's a well funded experiment. The sock puppets of the climate changers have been reassigned because wrong season. The climate change clown in residence we had here is now doing flat earth. Threads are still coming up like clockwork.
>>
>>7659297
>like clockwork
clocks don't have clockwork any more, Grandpa
>>
>>7657293
the surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour.
>>
>>7657347
I really fucking hate you.
I have concluded that the centre of the earth is comprised of the very heavy elements (they sink to the centre when the earth was molten) - as far as I know, radio-isotopes, gold, lead etc are non magnetic. Good call on that one.
>>
>Threads are still coming up like clockwork.
>>7659422
>>
>>7659419
And if you calculate mv^2/r you get a relatively small force
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.