[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got two puzzles for you, /sci/. Which of the 6 figures at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (28KB, 316x424px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28KB, 316x424px
I got two puzzles for you, /sci/.

Which of the 6 figures at the buttom fit the pattern; and more importantly, why?
>>
File: 2.jpg (29KB, 298x420px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
29KB, 298x420px
2nd
>>
Upper right. The point is to add all the boxes on the same side and then substract all the right boxes from the left boxes of same colour.
>>
>>7642345
2 black squares on the left.
It's pretty self explanatory.
>>
>>7642349
And here there are three versions of each shape. There is the original, then there is one cut into two where the right half is flipped 180 degrees, and one where the both halves are mirrored horizontally. |_| is the original and _|_ is the one with both mirrored, thus the answer is again upper right.
>>
>>7642352
What?
>>
>>7642379
Oh nvm, you made this a lot more confusing
>>
>>7642358
>>7642352
Well done! Both are correct!
>>
>>7642379
You have to read it top-down, not left to right.
>>
>>7642345
All of them do, and more importantly, because you can encode the information in the drawings as an integer, so we have a finite integer sequence which can NOT determine a unique "next term", any term is equally "plausible", asking for which one fits is subjective and irrational.
>>
These are from the Finnish Mensa online test, right? You should just go and take the real one, I couldn't figure these out but the real test was a lot easier and got accepted into Mensa.
>>
>>7642345
>>>/IQTEST/
>>
File: 3.jpg (31KB, 306x420px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
31KB, 306x420px
What about this one?
>>
>>7642345
solve your iq test on your own
>>
>>7643469
Consider the lines around the squares, and cancel the ones overlapping. First row gives us that in the middle column the NW or the NE line corresponds with the left line in the left column. The second row gives us that there is a correspondence between the upper line in the left column and the NE line in the middle, so that we now know the middle columns to be squares rotated 45 degrees clockwise.

Using the remarks above, it is easy to see that the third row gives the square in the lower left option.
>>
>>7642470
It can actually be done both ways.
>>
>>7642470
>You have to read it top-down, not left to right.

Nope, this is from the ACE test - the positions are not relevant.
>>
>>7643539
Right you are!
>>
>>7643469
bottom row, 2nd one
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.