[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the evolutionary purpose of baldness? why did human

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: istock000000491017xsmall620x350.jpg (27KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
istock000000491017xsmall620x350.jpg
27KB, 620x350px
What's the evolutionary purpose of baldness?

why did human body decide to just let the top of your hair disappear?
>>
>>7641523
There isn't, bald people just still kept getting laid (likely before they started balding)
>>
It shows how beta you are. Women find it disgusting and you end up killing yourself. Better hair genes gets more pussy.
>>
File: 1412557475683.png (2MB, 1173x1183px) Image search: [Google]
1412557475683.png
2MB, 1173x1183px
>>7641531
>>
>>7641523

Shitposters should be banned.

Ironic shitposters should be ironically banned.
>>
>>7641540
>Shitposters

what's that?
>>
>>7641540
This. Report shitposts and posts that don't belong here.
>>
>>7641543
what's that?
>>
Depends on the type of baldness. Male pattern baldness is caused by production of a particular testosterone. Just a side effect of natural development, perhaps with no direct advantage.

People in general have reduced terminal hair relative to our ancestors because it allows us to efficiently dissipate heat. We're successful predators in large part because of this: it allowed our ancestors to hunt more successfully (and safely) via a pursuit strategy. When's the last time a chimp ran a marathon?

Logically, then, we have some recently acquired mechanism that prevents us from growing thick hair everywhere, various androgens suppress this mechanism, but a particular testosterone (DHT) binds the receptors in the scalp and prevents other androgens from doing so, meaning that it can be active there.
>>
File: drink.jpg (48KB, 344x345px) Image search: [Google]
drink.jpg
48KB, 344x345px
Why are humans the only monkey race with hair that long? All the other races seem to keep it short, ours keeps on fucking growing.
>>
>>7641559
its a defect . monkeys dont have facial hair either. neither keep you warm
>>
>>7641523
>What's the evolutionary purpose
This means:
>I'm so fucking retarded that I can't into evolution
>never mind reading a book
>let's fuck up /sci

PLS BAN THIS ASSHOLE
>>
>>7641571
calm down sperglord
>>
>>7641575

Yeah, calm down while shitposts overrun the board.

Don't get upset, don't let it worry you at all.

Most importantly, don't take any action.

Just calmly let it continue to happen, that's the ticket.

Now, if you actually want to do something productive instead, all you have to do to fight shitposts is: goldpost. Create threads that are intelligent, informative, well-grounded in scientific knowledge, and are lighthearted enough to be consumed by people of any or no scientific background.

You can't fight it by just removing stupidity. You have to fight it by displacing stupidity with intelligence.
>>
>>7641588
please stay on topic
>>
>>7641523
2015 still not realizing that evolution has no purpose but its the other way around, only the creatures with the evolutionary advantage survive. so baldness is just a relic of something.
but the main thing is that there is no purpose in evolution.
>>
>>7641588
So much this. We need to fight for our board.
>>
>>7641590

>Grr, you're derailing my troll thread.

Hey, suck a dick, OP.
>>
File: 1222150008062.jpg (112KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1222150008062.jpg
112KB, 682x1024px
Bald is beautiful.
>>
>>7641603
you? yeah you suck dick
>>
>>7641523
reported and saged
>>
>>7641570
Its kinda funny that as our forehead bone recessed in the wyebrow region, we developed little hairy tuffs above or eyes to redirect water from them.
>>
>>7641523
It serves no purpose just people that are bald get pussi get over it
>>
the real question is why does DHT only target hair follicles on the top of your head vs. the sides or other parts of your body?
>>
File: alien HD.jpg (825KB, 1229x819px) Image search: [Google]
alien HD.jpg
825KB, 1229x819px
ask them
>>
>>7641607
>posts a black guy
Cherrypicking
>>
>>7641588
>goldpost
I like this term
>>
>>7641828
It targets hairs on the back and other parts of your body too:
It causes them to grow.

It's either:
a) just something that happened to coincide with having genes that allowed people to more quickly reproduce
b) a sexual selection trait by women who like men that look "regal" or "smart" (baldness wasn't always seen as a negative trait)
or
c) a little of a, a little of b
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.