[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/, how come I can't retain any information? Every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

/sci/, how come I can't retain any information?

Every time I study (which is hell already because I postpone and get distracted and shit) I forget the material learned within a few minutes. And retain maybe 10% after a day.

Currently I'm in engineering school and I'm failing because I simply can't remember things long enough for the test. This applies to everything from mathematics( I can't grip concepts for shit) to downright simple shit like bussines.

>inb4 not learning enough
>>
This is why understanding the method is much more important than memorizing the process.
>>
Are you cramming that shit or something?

What are your study habits?
>>
Are you sleeping well? How's your mood in general?
>>
Are you doing all the homework OP?

Repetition and practice help a lot.
>>
>>7638134
I have study sessions of a few hours, but most of the time I'm not actually studying because my attention is shifted.
>>7638145
I do weightlifting so I make sure I sleep atleast 7 hours and eat properly. Mood is allright, go a few big possesions stolen in the course of the year that bugged me off.

>>7638154
I'm doing all if not more than all of the homework provided.

Practice does help for the moment, but like I said: I forget it the day after.
It's a vicious cycle: I can't start learning in advance of a few weeks because I'll forget what i learned initially. But if I do it on the last moment, I have way to much to learn..
>>
>>7638172
sounds to me that you don't learn anything at all. what classes are you taking? sound like you're memorizing and cramming and it's just natural that you forget it
>>
>>7638176
Mathematics. Now we have Matrices, quite elementary. Statics with 3d vectors, Mechanics with the properties like stress and bendin and electronics with Op-amps.

How can I go from cramming, to actually learning things? Quite a dumb question, but i'm used to spend days studying learning basically 5 formulas.
>>
>>7638172
>but most of the time I'm not actually studying
>>
>>7638200
Set the phone aside, close facebook and put music on, low volume, with no lyrics.
>>
>>7638212
Lol'd.

I know from myself that if I have 10 hours to study I will study 2-3. So I take that in account. I'm talking about the actual time I am studying where the problem occurs.
>>
>>7638200

>How can I go from cramming, to actually learning things?

just be yourself
>>
>>7638218
This is how I usually study. Put on some nice Debussey, Mozart or Tchaikovsky. This gets me the highest rendement. It is still utter shit.
>>
>>7638239
Please do elaborate?
>>
>>7638243
Chopin is my favorite, tchaikovsky is awesome too
>>
lol I must have won the studying lottery. I can study for like 10-15 hours straight, be legit studying for like 9-14 of those hours and retain about 90%+ of the information. I have been able to do this for a week straight but after that week I was so incredibly burnt out that I didn't even play video games, I just watched re-runs and lazed around. Just block every distraction and have everything you will need to study near you so you have no excuses to stop studying. Studying is a skill, you need to practice to get better at it.
>>
>>7638172

>sleep 7 hours
>weight lift

You are aware we are autistic never sleep mentat addicts right?
>>
>>7638267
That is a lottery ticket right there in my eyes! Problem with distractions is I need my laptop to get to a lot of the information needed.

>>7638269
I am aware, and deep down. I would like nothing more than to be able to learn and be really skilled at a subject. Lifting weights is something I am good at, so I exploit that.
>>
>>7638279
I study with a laptop too. I use a google extension to block social media sites and uninstall all the games on my computer. I also forget everything after a few days after the test haha! But it only takes me a day to learn again, so it's not like I care much.
>>
>I don't study
There is your problem. Before I read that I thought you were some diagnosed ADHD kid. Now you're just lazy and undisciplined. Take a year off school. Then come back and finish your degree. Your mind wants to do something else.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.