[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you introduce modern technology into a midevial kingdom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1440480925260.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1440480925260.png
2MB, 1366x768px
How would you introduce modern technology into a midevial kingdom?

I just woke up from a dream where I was in this situation. The kingdom was a low fantasy Narnia without any magic. I ended up being killed just for talking about trains and jets to entertain a few nobles.

Now I'm wondering what would be the best way to bring a world like that at least to the 19th century. I would rather give them something besides weapons, so what would be the best thing to start with, that you could acutally do by yourself?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Connecticut_Yankee_in_King_Arthur's_Court
>>
>>7583121
Teaching them basic chemistry might be a good way to start.
Impressive and easy to do
>>
>>7583121
>Travel back in time, to the Middle Ages
>Find the nearest settlement
>Walk in town, show the commoners my smartphone
>People start freaking out about it; I try to tell them it's just electricity flowing in a circuit within the phone
> They still don't get it
>They accuse me of witchcraft
>The local guards arrest me and bring me to the local lord's court for trial
>I tell the lord how my smartphone works
>Obviously, he ain't buying it
>I'm shoo'd out of the court and brought outside to the prisoner stocks by guards
>They empty all of my pockets, including my phone
>They stick me in the stocks
>The local magistrate obtains my phone
> Turns out I forgot to turn off my camera app before traveling
> Magistrate inadvertently takes a picture of my misery while inspecting my phone
>>
>>7583121
http://www.crunchyroll.com/gate
>>
Your time is better spent teaching rather than trying to make anything.These people wouldn't even know what a cell is, or how to treat infections.
>>
Since any science we take for granted today will be "magic and wizardry" for them I'd go around every kingdom and teach basic subjects. Kingdom after kingdom will probably want to keep me for their own but I would try to be independent from any of them and just try to increase the quality of life for most people. If I have books along with me I could probably get them to the steam age in ~20 years, assuming I get to collaborate with their best thinkers and no wars happen. I would also start teaching from the bottom (peasants) and work my way up
>>
Change their economy. Use your modern knowledge to obtain a noble title and some land. Once you get your serfs, you exercise capitalism in your little area. The faster you break down their feudalism, the quicker they advance.

If you're feeling adventurous, introduce some of the philosophical ideas that most governments adhere to today--like equality under the law, innocent till proven guilty, inalienable rights, etc.

This is almost 100% certain to get you killed though.
>>
>>7583121
build a gun and give it to the king as a gift.

only a monarch could shield you from harm and provide you with the resources to initialize an industrial revolution.

and no king will turn down weapons. War drives science m8.
>>
Say I'm a master alchemist and sell thermite (easy to make and effective). Become rich and sell my secrets as dark magic.
>>
-Semaphore towers
-Semaphore towers
-Semaphore towers
>>
>>7583121
Bring a shit ton of books and engineering notebooks and give them to a philosopher or bring them to china or the middle east
>>
>>7583932
Where ya gonna get aluminium powder back in 1492, friendo? It wasn't produced as a metal until 1825.
>>
Ya'll gonna need highqulaity steel, and start off with steam power. From tehre you can mechanize things, make lathes, drill-presses, and electricity. Then you need to start the basic scientific processes, so discoveries in chemistry, physics, maths, etc can start. dunno if its doable.
>>
>>7583898
This is the only person here who knows what they're talking about.
Ain't nobody in the feudalistic middle ages got time for science, and nothing you can say will change their minds.
The only way to make any advancements is to start breaking down feudalism. That's where all your efforts need to go if you wanna advance shit.
>>
>>7583968
I guess I'll have to go with steam engines then. Would still give me some cash.
>>
>>7583126
>>7583881
>>7583895
>>7583898
>>7583966
>everyone in this thread is gonna get killed

>>7583900
this guy knows whats up
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.