[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

pic related >Buy Walmart brand ice cream sandwiches. >Leave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

pic related

>Buy Walmart brand ice cream sandwiches.
>Leave ice cream in the sun in the middle of summer. (80+ Fahrenheit)
>Ice cream doesn't melt.
>Still solid, but shows signs of condensation.
>Does_not_compute.exe
>>
>>6665542
>Fahrenheit
I'd like to remind you that you are on the scientific board, so please refer to scientific measurements.

To answer your question, the error lies most probably here
>ice cream
it most probably isn't ice cream (and most probably it is unhealthier than ordinary ice cream).

Please carry your murrican issues somewhere else next time. Thanks.
>>
>>6665542
>Fahrenheit
This is a science and math dedicated board, you use celsius or kelvin here.
>>
>>6665542
>Walmart brand ice cream sandwiches
i bet its just ice cream flavoring and some sort of gelatin shit.
>>
>>6665542
how long you fuck?
there are too many unknowns to give you some answer
>>
>>6665547
>and most probably it is unhealthier than ordinary ice cream

citation needed europoor, don't you have some GMO to ban?

#wrecked
>>
>>6665609
Hours.
>>
Fat Free Ice Cream: Fat Free Milk, Sorbitol, Polydextrose, Maltodextrin, Whey Protein Concentrate, Contains 1% Or Less of Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Mono-And Diglycerides*, Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Polysorbate 80, Vanilla Extract, Vanillin, Sucralose, Calcium Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate. Wafers: Bleached Wheat Flour, Isomalt, Sorbitol, Caramel Color, Palm Oil, Cocoa, Corn Flour, Food Starch-Modified, Salt, Baking Soda, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor, Sucralose. *Adds A Dietarily Insignificant Amount of Fat.

Just look at each components melting temperature
>>
>>6665621
Might be alginates?
McDonalds use to use them for their triple thick shakes, much to my disgust.
>>
>>6665642
>Just look at each components melting temperature
the melting point of mixtures arnt related to the melting point of the individual components (at least not trivially)
>>
>>6665649
You can use Carbuncle formula to derivate the melting point of a mix...
>>
>>6665542
herp derp, it's just ice cream with a hydrocolloid gel, so walmart can cheapen them up and use less fat.

Don't over react like these people:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/walmart-ice-cream-sandwiches_n_5621240.html

At the very worst, you're eating a very finely structured gel that is a marvel of modern materials science

>>6665547
>>and most probably it is unhealthier than ordinary ice cream

The way that this is done is with a hydrocolloid gel, using pretty much the same ingredients in vegan food(gums and what not). These aren't that bad for you

It's done to reduce costs by reducing fat(I think).


Here have some shill-information about hydrocolloids and shit: http://www.foodproductdesign.com/articles/2011/04/updating-ice-cream.aspx


I'm going to walmart right now to buy some, because I'm a weird person

Now in order to not be a shill I encourage you not to buy walmart ice cream and make your own:

http://blog.khymos.org/recipe-collection/
>>
>>6665549
oh ok. 27+ Celsius.

Now that we have that out of the way, how much of this hydrocolloid gel is in a given bar?

Are we talking on the order of a minim per scruple or a peck per kenning?
>>
Yes, I love these threads where people post things that didn't happen!
>>
>>6665549
shut up and get out a calculator
>>
>>6665549
>>6665547
how is he supposed to know the temperature in europe?
>>
>>6665547
>>6665549
We are on an American website, by your logic we should use Fahrenheit
Faggot just convert it
>>
>Thread designed by Walmart to sell ice cream bars for testing
>>
>>6665959
McDonald's milkshakes use to not melt either.
looked pretty gross as they heated up
>>
>>6665542
On the other hand, those Walmart ice cream sandwiches are good! I buy them regularly.

I noticed a similar thing many years ago in grade school. A friend left an ice cream sandwich (probably not Walmart brand) on a cafeteria table. Going home I noticed it was still in shape, but there was a pool of water around it.
>>
>>6665927
http://www.weather.com/video/ewww-walmart-ice-cream-sandwiches-dont-melt-51610?collid=/health
>>
>>6665729
>>6665642
>>6665947
>>6665945
>>6665937
>>6665924
Fuck all of you, you do realize it's a non-trivial task to calculate the melting point of a colloid like ice cream?

For this we need empirical evidence, I'm going to buy some of this goddamn ice cream and take pics, because fuck it, it's a saturday night and I have nothing to better to do.

Also herp derp, here's a recipe for ice cream that can be served hot
>>
>>6665986
also, post ending in 11, decides if I eat it or not.
>>
>>6665542
The too cookie plates act as an insulator, keeping the ice cream solid for a longer period. Plus the plates are dark so they adsorb more energy than the white ice cream.
>>
>>6665547
>it most probably isn't ice cream (and most probably it is unhealthier than ordinary ice cream).
>probably it is unhealthier than ordinary ice cream

Muh appeal to nature. Muh frankenfoods
>>
>>6665621
This is a science board, you use SI units here (seconds).
>>
>>6666519
how the fuck is that appeal to nature?

do you get ice cream trees where you life?
>>
File: tipsbedora.jpg (50KB, 469x463px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tipsbedora.jpg
50KB, 469x463px
>>6665547
>>6665549
>I'd like to remind you that you are on the scientific board, so please refer to scientific measurements.

fuck off already, if you're so smart, convert it. he's not writing a term paper here, he's telling a story.

this isn't /r/science, fuck off
>>
>>6665947
Nope, on the scientific side americans use SI units.
>>
>>6665642
Jesus christ why would they shit up our food like that.
>>
>>6666542
or kiloseconds \mathrm{ks}, megaseconds \mathrm{Ms}, ...
>>
>>6666755
mainly standardisation, shelf life, taste and cost
bit of a balancing act
>>
File: 1392713673853.png (44KB, 235x236px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392713673853.png
44KB, 235x236px
>27 degrees
>hot

Is this what Americans actually believe? That's winter temperature here
>>
>>6666795
You tend to become climatized to the environment you're in, move to the polar region for a few years and your concept of hot/cold weather will shift.
Few years ago when murica was down playing in the sandbox I got a bunch of new Iraqi neighbours.
Fresh out of the dessert they went around with closed jacket and scarfs while the locals stripped to their T-shirt, nowdays they dress like everyone else.
>>
>>6666801
>desert*
my bad. The spell check can never save me on that word. sadface.jpg
>>
>>6666795
It is hot for that temperature where I live because of the unbearably high humidity
>>
>>6666795

You clearly don't understand the scale of America. That's cold in places like Texas and most of the south, but hot in places like the new england states, and Alaska.
>>
>>6666824
This. Also people tend to underestimate the impact of humidity. I live in Georgia, and 32 degress Celsius is pretty hot, because we almost always have 70+% humidity. When I travel to New Mexico, where the humidity gets down to the single digits, 32c feels like a warm spring day. However, 32 anywhere north of about Maryland is absolutely sweltering, no matter the humidity.
>>
>>6665542
>Carrageenan
This comes from seaweed. Used in cheap as shit icecream among a billion other things for it's binding (gell like) properties. This is why it doesn't melt and keeps it's form. Think of how useful that is for shipping purposes. Buy the good shit that doesn't have this.

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrageenan
>>
>>6665542
>>6665573
>>6665646
>>6665753
>>6667229
I noticed the same thing when I was walking home and some littered "ice cream" cups on the side of the road. I tipped them over and they were still solid even though it was pretty hot out.

I guess if you look closely at the container there's no mention of ice cream, it's just labeled frozen dairy dessert and it has a shit ton of chemicals and weird shit.
>>
>>6665547
Find me a man who set foot on the moon using your faggot units
>>
File: 20140727_161036.jpg (897KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20140727_161036.jpg
897KB, 3264x1836px
Oh hey this thread's active again, I have ice sandwiches, let's do this!
>>
>>6667587
Both sandwiches are already showing signs of melting. Ambient temperature measured to be 26 Celcius.
>>
File: 20140727_162521.jpg (691KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20140727_162521.jpg
691KB, 3264x1836px
>>6667595
forgot pic, sorry it's potato
>>
>>6667599
Is it really so difficult to write fucking neatly? Print out some "Learning to Write" sheets and start practicing. There is no excuse for not being able to scribe 26 symbols correctly.
>>
I suspect they do melt, but leave behind a solid foam-like structure after the fluid leaks out. That's what I've observed before.
>>
Walmart stole Willy Wonka's recipe.
>>
File: 20140727_175108.jpg (646KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20140727_175108.jpg
646KB, 3264x1836px
>>6667619
Writing is obsolete.

>>6667599
And the results are in! Both ice cream sandwiches have developed significant melt pools.

Folks, ice cream melts!
>>
>>6667716
keep going for at least a day
>>
>>6665642
I take one look at an ingredients list like that and think... oh, its not really icecream. Then I turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Icecream base ingredients:
cream
sugar
egg yolks


Its not hard, people.
>>
>>6665947

Why don't you look up the server location for 4chan?
>>
>>6667570
>>6667570

>being this retarded
>>
>>6667716
god damn it, /sci/, stop wasting ice cream sandwiches
>>
>>6665614
>#wrecked

if you wish to think so :^)
>>
>>6668357
Why don't you look up the 4chan demographic?
>>
File: 1406478083671-1.jpg (87KB, 700x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406478083671-1.jpg
87KB, 700x300px
>>6665947
>>6665547
>>6665549
4chan is an American website and you will speak English here and use Fahrenheit here.

Otherwise you can just post on Reddit with your faggot metric system
>>6666845
>Celsius
You can just GET OUT
>>
>>6668608

Why don't you go fuck yourself with your stupid imperial system?

There are two countries left not using the metric system: the USA and Myanmar - the latter of which is currently in the process of metrification.

The imperial system makes no sense. Relations are arbitrary and illogical and only US Americans can be so daft as to cling to an outdated system (it's a wonder you guys don't still use the Julian calendar).

The metric system is superior in literally every way and as you are posting on /sci/, I would assume you think you are intelligent. If you were, however, you would clearly see the advantages of the metric system, as most of your peers here do.

And finally: Since this is a science board, and the whole scientific world uses SI units and the metric system, you should be well off reflecting a little bit more, before you show up here and basically vomit bullshit onto the board.

tl;dr: You're a moronic ass and you know it.
>>
>>6668776
>muh superiority
>not recognizing a cartoonishly obvious troll
What's the conversion rate between imperial dickshits and metric kilotards?
>>
>>6668817

>h-ha-ha....h-....
>I was only trolling
>you totally did not just fuck me up and I am too retarded to even try and counter-argue
>maybe I even see your point, but cannot admit this, because I am a manchild

clever
>>
>>6668608
This is a Costa Rica Server, we use °C.
>>
>>6668776
> Why don't you go fuck yourself with your stupid imperial system?
Why don't you fuck yourself with your CGS system?
> There are two countries left not using the metric system
This is not true. Anyway you measure it.
And it doesn't matter because we use it and you're our bitch.

> The imperial system makes no sense.
only for you
> Relations are arbitrary and illogical and only US Americans can be so daft as to cling to an outdated system
> The metric system is superior in literally every way and as you are posting on /sci/,
> my arbitrary relation system is better than yours
>>
>mfw people confuse SI prefix system with the metric system
there is literally nothing in the imperial measurement system stopping you from expressing distance in terms of kilo-feet and milli-feet

the metric system itself is just as arbitrary and pointless as the imperial system. it's the SI system of notation that provides 99% of the utility of the system, and you could start applying SI notation to imperial units right goddamn now if you wanted to.
>>
>>6669119
>> There are two countries left not using the metric system
>This is not true. Anyway you measure it.
>And it doesn't matter because we use it and you're our bitch.

It is true. The other ones are almost complete in regards to metrification.
Also, you really think the world will give a shit about the US in ~20 years? Europe and South-East Asia will dominate.

>>The imperial system makes no sense.
>only for you

And for everyone else. All the units are historic units. They are completely arbitrary.

>>my arbitrary relation system is better than yours

yes it is. Because the only arbitrary thing in "my" system is the relation of 10 - which is not really arbitrary at all, as almost every culture (even US American) uses base 10
>>
>>6669152
> Also, you really think the world will give a shit about the US in ~20 years?
we'll see
>Europe
lol you wish
> . All the units are historic units. They are completely arbitrary.
So is SI. Are you really this stupid?
> The other ones are almost complete in regards to metrification.
This just isn't true.
Canada is widely marked with distances in miles.
UK still uses stones and pretty sure hands are still even used.

> . Because the only arbitrary thing in "my" system is the relation of 10
We use powers of 10 too you dumbshit.
Why don't you do some fucking research before spouting your ignorance.
muh kips, ksi, Msi.
>>
>>6667716
>Writing is obsolete.
Explain.
I can see how it is less important than in the past, but writing is still used all the time. Stop making excuses, you child.
>>
>>6665547
>>6665549
>>6666542
>>6666773
he is using Fahrenheit for its only fucking purpose, describing weather temps
>>
>>6669125
>the metric system itself is just as arbitrary and pointless as the imperial system

Nu-uh, the metric system is based off the circumference of the earth
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.