[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jokes aside [s4s], i need some advice. I'm bad at public

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: bento.jpg (343KB, 1095x1195px) Image search: [Google]
bento.jpg
343KB, 1095x1195px
jokes aside [s4s], i need some advice. I'm bad at public speaking mostly because of anxiety and a lisp i have. Any way, I was just wondering if you guys had any tips for becoming a better public speaker
>>
Just dress up like a girl.
You'll feel more social and will quickly learn to speak clearly.
>>
>>5760746
3d anim is even cuter :O
>>
>>5760746
wew lad, i know what thats liek. even if u try and just wing it u'll still find urslelf not being ablel 2 speak properle.

my advice wud b 2 drink A LOT of water b4 u go on stage. make certain u do otherwise ur gonna find ur mouf supper dry.

u shud also be supper confident in urself. liek.... dis is all about U, U da woMAN. u got dis. be liek da train... "i tink i can i tink i can i tink i can..."

i wud also recommend practicing in front of frens or associates.
>>
File: 1494093064443.gif (958KB, 736x627px) Image search: [Google]
1494093064443.gif
958KB, 736x627px
forget about the outside world completely friend! outside is rude and dangerous! and not to mention, outside doesn't even have 2d grils!
>>
File: 1465309796821.jpg (317KB, 1280x936px) Image search: [Google]
1465309796821.jpg
317KB, 1280x936px
>>5760746
i used to have a very bad lisp and a bad sounding voice in general, but by speaking more and more to people I was able to get better but i did not realize this at the time

thepoint is, you will only remain bad if you don't actually do it, so yes you'll start bad but thats okay

also practice and record your voice until you sound nice in a way you like, actually my voice is still bad and lispy sounding so I try to practice talking more clearly still
>>
>>5760746
Identify where your anxiety is coming from and fix that.
Is it because you think you look bad? Fix your posture, your haircut, your get up, everything that can be done right now. Even if you think you inherently don't look good, that's fine since no one really gives a shit about you long enough for their opinion to matter.
Is it your manner of speaking? Frequently practice by talking to yourself. Every night, come up with some paragraph about your day and imagine telling someone about it. Watch a lot of TV shows in your language. Understand how they say things: when to pause, when to give intonation, stuff like that. Reflect your understanding in your practice.

Speaking of practice, practice with store clerks. Little things like making your voice a little louder (ever had a waiter ask you to repeat your order thrice?) and less passive will go a long way with your confidence.

I used to be in same boat as you, but grew to overcome the struggle with careful hard work. You can do it to.
>>
I just told myself I'd wait and freak out after I sat down, instead of when I got up to speak. Dumb but it worked
>>
>>5760746
When you feel embarrassed just remember to dance, metaphorically of course. We all have the same emotions so when you feel a certain way people notice and they empathize with you. Plus confidence is always a good trait to have so we everyone notices your embarrassment that's your only real chance to get better so just dance your little heart away.
>>
File: chrome_2017-08-20_18-20-52.png (73KB, 157x186px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-08-20_18-20-52.png
73KB, 157x186px
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
File: VHA5e1903_Fun_with_Flags.jpg (38KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
VHA5e1903_Fun_with_Flags.jpg
38KB, 630x354px
>>5761399
czekem
>>
>>5761039
wowe this sis nice advice
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.