[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>step-dad's gout flares up, is in excruciating pain,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: smugzone.png (30KB, 638x398px) Image search: [Google]
smugzone.png
30KB, 638x398px
>step-dad's gout flares up, is in excruciating pain, can barely walk with a cane while limping
>he is a devout Christian and abhors drug usage
>concoct him a reasonable, healthy serving (as not to endanger him) of poppy seed tea in a crystal chalice and cajole him into believing it is an elixir the recipe of which God bestowed upon me in a spiritual vision
>his pain dissipates and he now reveres me as a disciple of Christ, imploring I become invested with the clergy
>>
first

>>
File: 1501534145750.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501534145750.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
Mark 7:7 KJV “Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”

Matthew 15:9 KJV "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
>>
>>5646387
Fore!
>>
>>5647029
I'm sorry, Ojamajo Doremi poster, but I'm a bit dull. Could you please explain what these verses are meant to imply in correlation to the OP post?
>>
File: 1501266252012.png (182KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501266252012.png
182KB, 640x480px
>>5647047
The reveres he received are in vain because he deceived his step dad into believing his teachings rather than God's.
>>
>>5647076
Thank you for catching me up to speed. I gotta go fast, but I always end up last. Nevertheless, aren't there a myriad of subtypes of Christianity? Do you adhere to a specific branch? Like.. Protestant.. Catholic.. Presbyterian.. I can't keep up. The differences are likely negligible anyways.
>>
>>5646387
good job helping your dad out, lole. i won't even question who you quoted.
>>
>>5646387 (fore!)
Hello step-son, I have read this post and I have now decided to ground you for 10 weeks! Go to your room now!

Your fortune: Outlook good
>>
>>5647095
There are a ton of denominations/branches that call themselves a form Christianity. I'm a baptist but even within the denomination there are a ton of subtypes and different doctrines one might believe. A lot of these inner-denomination differences are negligible but the ones that matter are the ones concerning salvation.
>>
>>5647390
>baptist
My mother wants me to do this. Is it still feasible for a 19 year old male? I'm 6'7" and a pretty big guy for you, would I even be able to fit in whatever they have to submerge you in? Is it like, holy water or something? Thank you for your explanations.
>>
>>5647399
>99
>dubs
It's certainly feasible. There are plenty of denominations that believe/believed that baptism was only really relevant for adults, so they'll have no problem.

The real question is if you believe that you want to go through with such a ceremony and all it entails. You definitely shouldn't do it *just* to make your mother happy.
>>
File: 1500964979736.jpg (260KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500964979736.jpg
260KB, 640x480px
>>5647399
In the bible they baptized people in the river and in the sea, a standard modern baptismal tub is made to accommodate fat people and non-manlets so they are usually pretty big. Holy water is an extra-biblical concept only really found in "apostolic christianity" as in catholicism or anglicanism, since it's not in the bible most baptists don't believe in the concept.

Baptism is a symbolic ritual representing the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ (above before baptism, below the water, and above the water) and an outward expression of the inward change inside the Christian as they aim to live a Godlier life, I would only go along with it if you believe on Christ as your savior, not to please a relative. If you're not sure if you do here's the "Roman Road" set of verses from the book of Romans in the bible that explains salvation through Christ that people commonly use.

Romans 3:23 KJV “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
Romans 6:23 KJV “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Romans 5:8 KJV “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
Romans 10:9 KJV “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
Romans 10:13 KJV “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Romans 8:1 KJV “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”
Romans 8:38-39 KJV “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
>>
File: pls no take my babby.jpg (605KB, 2081x1263px) Image search: [Google]
pls no take my babby.jpg
605KB, 2081x1263px
>>5647417
>>5647441
You guys really are my favorite people in this world. Every other board is so mean to me. I'll contemplate the heavy implications, and if my belief is genuine. Thank you, I love you and God bless
>>
>>5647453
this is nice board. Amen.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.