[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Kanye's Gorgeous he states, "and what's a black

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: what's a black beatle anway.png (371KB, 1320x497px) Image search: [Google]
what's a black beatle anway.png
371KB, 1320x497px
In Kanye's Gorgeous he states, "and what's a black beatle anyway? A fucking roach? I guess that's why they got me sitting her in fucking coach".

In this meme, Kanye is pondering on the nature of the Pterostichus melanarius (Latin for black beetle). In comes Ringo Starr with none other than Billy Preston. Widely considered the fifth beatle and, wait for it, the black beatle. There ya go buddy.
>>
>>5616974
Lol i canr read the meme cuz im. A dirty phoneposyer
>>
>>5617028
save and zoom in you donkey
>>
>>5617028
you know,,,, yeah that
>>
>>5617036
hunh?
>>
>>5617126
i said one moment please
>>
>>5617134
wtf lol?
>>
>>5617166
>66
>Dubs
Nice

Your fortune: Better not tell you now
>>
I love the beatles. Did Billy Preston really do all that much though, to earn that title? All I know him for was get back...
>>
>>5616974
thanks for the explanation
>>
>>5617180
He is accredited for playing piano on various works with beatles and played live with them numerous times. If you'd like to attribute fifth beatle to George Martin, that makes sense as well. However, the title of "black beatle" is undoubtedly Billy's.

>>5617180
>>5617181
Do you guys like the meme?
>>
nice mae mae
>>
>>5616974
literally poop
>>
>>5617196
>>5616974
I believe that "black beatle" is closer in meaning to a black person that has reached, or has come near, the height of popularity that the Beatles did. If you take the rhyme with that in mind, then Kanye fits it much better than Billy Preston, who many to this day have no knowledge of.
Also, note that the phrasing "what's a black Beatle anyway" is possibly a reference to Roy Orbison's famous line "What's a Beatle anyway?", to which Lennon replied "I am" (there have been alternate accounts that just list the question as "what's a beatle", but all that's relevant is he might have heard the account with "anyway" in it).
The general point of the line, from what I understand, is to highlight that, despite feeling as popular as The Beatles were, because of his skin color he is still effected by the issues of racism and feels like many think of him as nothing more than vermin because of it. He didn't mean that he was literally or metaphorically a member of The Beatles and it's rather SILLY of you to assume that was his intent.
>>
>>5618131
It's a meme you idiot, and good copy past, genius.com is bullshit, all speculation, Billy Preston is the black beatle, that's the joke
>>
>>5617915
You gunna keep it?
>>
>>5616974
literally poop
>>
interesting
>>
>>5618591
I know, you dum dum..
>>
File: FB_IMG_1500992108732.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500992108732.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
I just witnessed his digital graphic and now I am genuinely afraid of finding a significant other
>>
>>5619432
Hunh? You sick fuck.
>>
I like this one. Keep it. I want to make something like this. I want to continue over-explaining somewhat simple comic strips.
>>
>>5620579
are you gunna keep it anon?
>>
File: Mastr.png (14KB, 623x623px) Image search: [Google]
Mastr.png
14KB, 623x623px
I'll branch this basic premise in many directions, with comic strips, posts, intricacies that must be explained, and I shall explain them. It's my duty as a lover of memes, and The Beatles.
>>
>>5620620
kanye a big gay baby
>>
>>5620620
explain autismo
>>
>>5620620
Hunh?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.