[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i recently designed and built a very simple bow and arrow using

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: bow.png (16KB, 480x624px) Image search: [Google]
bow.png
16KB, 480x624px
i recently designed and built a very simple bow and arrow using only bamboo garden stakes, tape, and paracord
i made 2 each of each of three lengths of bamboo decreasing in size and positioned them so they were next to the pieces with the same size and with the next biggest pieces in front of them
i then used some tape to tack them in position before taping them together very tightly
this shape mimics the tapered design of a carved wooden bow that has more rigidity in the centre and less at the tips
then i knotted some loose paracord on the ends and taped over the knots tightly to create barriers for the bowstring loops to rest against so they wouldn't slip down the bow, and i attached a paracord bowstring by tying one end, creating a loop 3/4 of the length of the bow, and flexing the bow to allow the loop to slip over the other end
i attached a large plastic wall hook with tape for the arrow rest but this is optional
for arrows i used bamboo sticks 3/4s of the length of the bow preflex and carved notches that go narrow enough to grip the bow string at full draw in the back ends, and i then attached sockets from an old socket wrench set to the other end with tape for weight, but you can use anything even a real sharp arrow head if you want
you can also create arrow vanes by folding a few layers of tape over the back of the arrow and cutting them into triangles with the point towards the front but this is optional
i shot the bow at my wooden back fence from probably 30 ft away and it left a dent the perfect shape of the socket in the wood
i say this to imply the bow is fully functional and does not disappoint in it's performance
it is a quick cheap easy fun project you can do at home in a day and you have a bow and arrow to play with at the end of it
i highly recommend this project to you
>>
File: bowandarrows.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bowandarrows.png
1MB, 1280x720px
this is a photo of the bow with three arrows
>>
>>5544564
note it looks very wonky in this photo
this is in part an optical illusion since the arrow rest does not need to be exactly parallel to the bow string however these are the features that draw the eye
it is wonky though because the right side is tied further into the length of the bow than the left
this is a simple problem i can fix at any time and you can easily avoid when constructing your own bow
also if you would rather use a different thickness of cord for your bow string it is important to note you must use a cord which doesn't stretch as this lessens the bows energy and force
>>
Nice job, i love making these things, now that summer has started you have just given me something to do.

Your fortune: Excellent Luck
>>
>>5544490
cool

i made a condom slingshot once

Your fortune: Very Bad Luck
>>
>>5544490
very nice
i tried making a crossbow but i couldn't find a good material for the limbs and even though i had a good idea for the firing mechanism i doubt it would have worked
>>
>>5544704
i also know how to make decent fireworks that can compete with some store bought ones out of materials that are legal in all countries
>>
Thanks
>>
>>5544711
i had a store bought bait chucker that i used to sling sinkers but something in the metal or the powder coat kept eating the leather pouch so i stopped using it

>>5544713
i'd love a crossbow but they're illegal in my country although a mates dad had one that was a historic recreation that really worked and he had his guns taken by the cops but they left the crossy
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.