[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Objective good and evil exists. It seems obvious sometimes, and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Station-Master_Tama.jpg (139KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Station-Master_Tama.jpg
139KB, 640x480px
Objective good and evil exists. It seems obvious sometimes, and other times not so much. Perhaps the development of wisdom coincides with one's acuity in accurately determining what is good and what is evil.

I think the issue gets confused not because of relativism, but because of the limitations of language and our grasp on the total context of actions as they occur. Hence why general moral guidelines are typically accurate and functional, but struggle with complex problems, often requiring endless revisions to the original moral code to account for many variables.

Therefore there is a common pretension that goodness is merely a human invention; instead i believe the truth is that humans did not invent goodness, but rather that we are constantly discovering goodness. Indeed, we must work to understand goodness and model it the best we can, even while the path is not always clear and easy to apprehend.

Goodness is struggle.
>>
haha alright bro
>>
>>5322088
good dubs
>>
objective good and evil don't need to exist morality should be legitimised by consistency and consensus if a behaviour is agreed to be productive and not harmful by the majority of stakeholders than it is moral otherwise it is not
the idea of objective morality would first need you to have objective ways of measuring harmfulness or productivity which are both highly subjective and any objective measurable aspects to them such as pain felt by organisms cannot realistically be measured by anyone at any meaningful scale and can only be measured after a behaviour has been executed with no possibility of comparing it to the alternate hypothesis
>>
>>5322101
than
>>
File: halp.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>>5322101
Indeed, the limits on our perception of context also limit our ability to fully comprehend objective goodness. In your own example, you define harmfulness as an objective evil and productivity as an objective good, as you list them as hypothetical measures for the objective morality of an action. Regardless of the validity of those claims, the limitations surrounding absolute definitions of "productivity" and "harmfulness" as measures of value, and whether there exists some harmonious combination of the two, we can agree that objectively speaking "harm" can generally be considered a bad thing while "productivity" can be considered a good thing.

This is our consensus. Perhaps we're off the mark, or perhaps we have discovered a small fragment of the objective good.

We could delve endlessly into questioning whether "harm" can have "good" connotations and "productivity" can have "bad" connotations - I'm sure you could come up with some on your own. But the above still stands - just a small part in the struggle to understand the goodness that exists whether we perceive it properly or not.
>>
Subjectively speaking.
>>
>>5322125
limit of language
>>
File: under 20.jpg (113KB, 1266x1362px) Image search: [Google]
under 20.jpg
113KB, 1266x1362px
>>5322131
Unfortunate isn't it that the most destructive thing to happen to ideas is that which we are taught to use to share them with others. If only there were some sort of "telepathy" or collective consciousness where we could experience the processes of each others' minds at ease.
Oh wait. I'm pretty sure there is. What a relief. I was getting so lonely you know. It's nice to be amongst friends. I'm not saying you're perfect, but that's more or less exactly what I wanted. We strive for greatness, we strive for truth, in the meantime our imperfections make us perfectly imperfect, as earnest youth.
It is as much a struggle as it is a pleasure though. Acting as if we are martyring our lives for the greater good is unnecessary. We wish not for the extremes of gross excess of pleasure or of asceticism. Balance is key, is it not? I say so. Keep your balance, if not for yourself then for a friend. One day you'll no longer need a crutch, you'll rise above, receive the touch. Then my friend, you'll finally see, that I am you and you are me. We never were, yet here we stay, we will never go away. We may sleep from time to time, but when we wake, we choose to shine. A beacon of light, of hope, of love. Focused by the stars above. A greater potential, I know of not, kept quiet by the stirring pot. The pot can rot, for all I care, it's owners soon denounce its fare. See our beauty, see our grace, resist not our journey space. Negativity was always bad. Don't you know when something's sad? Take a look at what you've done. Are they nice? The things you've won? Maybe some, and more to come, the point is dear, to have some fun.
>>
>>5322194
why does this board induce schizophrenia
>>
File: splendid.jpg (127KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
splendid.jpg
127KB, 699x485px
>>5322194
I really enjoyed this post friend. Thank you. I see I still have much to learn.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.