[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you guys okay if I use this board as a substitute for /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 17

File: Enchiladitos.gif (2MB, 500x317px) Image search: [Google]
Enchiladitos.gif
2MB, 500x317px
Are you guys okay if I use this board as a substitute for /r9k/? I want to talk about my problems but I don't want to talk about them on a board where everyone using the board shares identical problems.
>>
>>5180838
R9k sux but sure you're welcome here. Use a name so I recognize ur posts!
>>
File: IMG_0782.gif (16KB, 205x274px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0782.gif
16KB, 205x274px
>>5180838
Sure man, we can always use new friends here. We make everyone feel welcome on nice board. Just don't expect any deep discussions.
>>
>>5180838
Excuse me, but registering here costes nicemonye
>>
File: images (11).jpg (6KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
6KB, 256x144px
>>5180838
SHURE friend just relax+ fell @ home
Tell us your problems were all family here.
>>
File: one.gif (25KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
one.gif
25KB, 200x200px
>>5180838
Sure. Just use a name.
>>
File: BRENDON! NO!.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
BRENDON! NO!.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
Thanks everyone, I'm just in a weird spot because social anxiety prevents me from doing things I'd like to do even when my friends attempt to use reason and logic to persuade me to take action.

Does anyone have experience with anti-depressants?
>>
>>5180892
Yes i'm on 50mg Pristiq.
I've also taken zoloft, remeron, wellbutrin and abilify. Most of them suck but they kinda do their job sometimes.
>>
>>5180892
SHURE lots experience go on
>>
>>5180892
>social anxiety
What is there to be afraid of?
You even have friends.
>>
>>5180897
That's good.

Although, based on the discussions I've had with a counsellor (who is luckily free of charge via college I would never pay for one) I think I may not be depressed at all I think I'm merely frustrated and apathetic from a combination of a lack of eventful life experiences and diminished social skills because of said lack of experience, and a learned helplessness to avoid confronting it. In short, a loser, that taking antidepressants won't fix.

It's an awkward position.
>>
>>5180838
just beome an acloholic like ever1 else in this itt board and stop worryyin bout normalshit shit
>>
>>5180918
I tried being an alcoholic and the problem is that it doesn't fix anything anymore, so now I don't drink anymore.

It used to enable me to talk to strangers in social settings without fear or inhibition but now I get drunk and I still can't talk to people and am hyper aware and self conscious despite being wasted.
>>
>>5180892
I took shit like that in high school but I'm drug free now (expect for alcohol and weed and coke and xtc that my frens give me). Don't take antidepressants is my advice. They don't do anything so don't mess with whatever bad shit they might do
>>
>>5180913
That's exactly where I was. In college, refusing meds. I was basically self medicating with weed, alcohol, and occasionally stuff like xanax, adderall, and LSD. I got so helpless at one point that I genuinely considered sudoku, which caused me to be hospitalized. That's where I started antidepressants once again. I keep trying to convince people that I'm simply sad because of my situation, but they're always really insistant on me taking drugs. I don't drink or smoke weed anymore now and I think the antidepressants are helping slightly, but I still feel like a fucking loser.
>>
>>5180933
>33
Nice dubs! You sound like you just really hate yourself so cheer up emo kid! Making some friends will probably help you. Life is only as awful as you make it
>>
File: hamadayama stage 01.jpg (204KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hamadayama stage 01.jpg
204KB, 1600x900px
>>5180933
I'm mad at myself because everyone is trying to help me and I'm actively refusing their help because of how self conscious and self loathing I am. I have a bunch of people willing to help me solve problems which I ALSO want to solve and am looking forward to solving with their help and then when I am confronted with it I refuse! It drives me nuts.
>>
>>5180942
I'm actually fairly satisfied with where I'm at. I just feel like a loser because I don't do what the typical person my age does, which is go out, party, get laid, etc. Instead I post (and shitpost) on esfores all day. I used to have friends but I had to quit hanging out with them because I'm taking a break from drugs and the only thing I had in common with them was the fact that I was a massive stoner.
>>
>>5180944
>44
Nice dubs again. Again, make friends. Having people that like to be around you makes life tolerable. If you think you can't, you're probably wrong.
>>
>>5180946
I'm like... maybe 10 years older than most of the people here and all my friends like to do is party. My old old friends all have real lives and families now. I've been married before I just made really stupid decisions.
>>
>>5180946
thats the jewish conditionin speking
just go to /pol/ an theyll neetpill you
>>
>>5180947
I have a group of friends, but I made them all like 10 years ago and haven't really had to make friends in those 10 years, and last year I went off to college and basically found myself at square one. I see my old friends every so often but whenever I'm up at college out of town I don't have anyone anymore and I realize I don't really have those skills to make new ones.

I'm also paranoid my friends are looking to eventually splinter off from or drop me because I continuously have less and less in common with them, especially since now they're at a point where casual sex and the bar scene is really prominent in their lives but I'm a virgin with extreme anxiety about talking to strangers.
>>
quitting r9k was one of the best things I ever did for my mental health.

r9k is by far one of the most toxic (lel) "communities" you will ever find
>>
>>5180962
So go hang out with them? The bar scene is gross imo but I have to check my privilege. Just interacting with people is enough to make them like you.
>>
>>5180944
Nice dubs, man. It feels weird having a legitimate conversation on [s4s].
I kinda get what you mean, it's hard to accept help when you're self conscious. Feels kinda like you shouldn't exist or like you aren't worthy of all that "successful, fulfilling life" crap. Idk if that's how you feel but that's how I used to feel. It genuinely eats dick. I've learned to be happy being a degenerate fuck for the time being, at least until I go back to school. Stick to learning. Study a lot. Be smart. Maybe smoke a little weed here and there. College is the perfect time to doscover what makes you happy.
>>
>>5180971
I try, they came up to visit me and we went to some bars and clubs and I got the not so subtle impression they were trying to get me laid, especially since talking to one of their girlfriends apparently he described it as having "responsibilities" to attend to when he was coming up to visit me.

I don't know, I feel like I'm letting them down, and at the same time I feel like some sort of giant fucking baby child because of how few experiences I've had and how far "behind" I am...if that makes any sense.
>>
>>5180965
I rarely go on r9k but when I do I always feel like people there are just obsessed with self hate. Being there makes them feel normal and accepted in a community full of equally unhealthy people, so they're even less motivated to change. It's pretty fucked.
>>
>>5180984
I'm pretty "normie" by 4chan standards but it really just sounds like you're beating yourself up, honestly. Have some confidence.
>>
>>5180984
I hate that "baby child" feeling. It's the main thing that's prevented me from talking to girls for such a long time. I always feel like they can see right through me, like they can tell I'm inexperienced. Like I'm not a "real man."
I've even had a girl say I look innocent, when in reality I'm a huge pervert who used to do tons of drugs.
>>
>>5180998
I feel the exact same way, and it certainly doesn't help that I think I'm very ugly as well. I'll see myself in the mirror and I'll think I look fine and someone will take a picture and I'll want to kill myself.

I just wish I knew what others actually thought about me.
>>
>>5180929
>I'm drug free now (expect for alcohol and weed and coke and xtc that my frens give me
lol just say prescription free
>>
>>5181003
I thought I was ugly for most of my life, up until just a few months ago. People have both insulted my appearance and complimented it. I've come to the conclusion that I just have a look that only certain people could find attractive. I still hate being in pictures.
It's all a matter of perspective, really. The frustrating part is not knowing who sees you as ugly and who doesn't. When someone is really attractive they can safely assume a majority of people find them attractive, and that gives them more confidence. I guess it's more of a shot in the dark for us. Just remember you can't be objectively ugly, it's all a matter of opinion. For a lot of people it's really hard to learn to accept a compliment because they're so focused on their own perspective.
>>
>>5181020
Is it considered degenerate if you don't think you're ugly?
>>
>>5181037
No, you have a certain way of perceiving yourself just like others have their way of perceiving you. It's called an ego.
>>
>>5181037
cancer in your mother's asshole
>>
File: 1487464495882.jpg (332KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487464495882.jpg
332KB, 750x750px
nice thread
>>
File: 1487704071918.png (547KB, 635x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487704071918.png
547KB, 635x640px
>>5180929
>I'm drug free now, except for all these other drugs I still take
>>
maybe try /adv/ my man
>>
File: Sanc.jpg (39KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
Sanc.jpg
39KB, 500x666px
thanks you guys.

...Maybe I'll touch base with one of them and try to fuck a girl or something
>>
>>5181127
Pussy isn't everything, but it's certainly a plus. Social interaction is amazing for you. Even if you don't feel like you're getting anything out of it, you are. You're gaining skills. Those skills fade the less you use them though. Keep at it.
>>
File: misaki2.jpg (20KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
misaki2.jpg
20KB, 704x400px
>>5181065
No /adv/ is a normalfag board to the max. One time I tried to get advice about incest and they automatically thought I was trolling when I really needed help. A mod even deleted my thread. I would never recommend that board.
>>
>>5181152
>One time I tried to get advice about incest and they automatically thought I was trolling when I really needed help.
.....renko?
>>
>>5181152
>I would never recommend that board.

Thanks for the...

*puts on sunglasses*

...advice.
>>
>>5181171
lelellelelelele
>>
File: 0009.jpg (617KB, 1280x1875px) Image search: [Google]
0009.jpg
617KB, 1280x1875px
it worked for her, it will work for u!!!
>>
>>5181173
MARAWANA IS DANK
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 1219x642px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 1219x642px
>>5181179
>>
>>5181134
I know, but I'm totally paranoid people can tell and think I'm worthless or literally subhuman because of it
>>
Take about 3-8 tabs of LSD (depending on if you have a tolerance or not, if your new take 3 if your not new take 8) with a friend you trust to keep you grounded, experience an ego death and think deeply about why you get nervous in social situations, also before you go into your trip google what anxiety and social anxiety is, and the biological reasons it happens in your body.

Don't worry, you will trip out of your mind but you won't be hurt. LSD is less toxic then alcohol. Don't think about it too much in your trip into you lose all recollection of your own ego and who you are, once you drop all of your personality and view yourself from a third person, remember everything you studied online, and self evaluate what you can remember about yourself.

Think about this for hours, get lost in your thoughts and when you come out, your social anxiety will be gone until you let it control your life again.

Hope this helps friendo :^) it helped me
>>
>>5181210
I don't have any access to LSD, will shrooms work?
>>
>>5181227
I've tried shrooms but never in high dosage, it's a very different high, the best way I can explain it is with shrooms your more connected to the earth, with LSD your all in your brain, I don't think ego death is possible with shrooms(not sure though)

you should try and find access to LSD though, research induced ego deaths and also research people curing depression and anxiety through psychedelics

It helped me overcome social anxiety, but I spent years not really socializing so I still have a bit of anxiety to the fact i'm not as fluid in conversation as everyone else around me..

but trust me, it's worth the try, the best advice i can give though is to learn the ins and outs of what anxiety is and how your body produces it, then you start to see it as just another brain wave rather then something that holds you down if you get what i'm saying :^)
>>
>>5181199
I definitely feel that too, man. At least you got dubs!
>>
>>5181227
>>5181249
Go ahead and try LSD but for the love of god don't take 3 or more dor your first trip. I never did more than 2 until my 5th or 6th trip and it totally changed my outlook on the universe. It was insanely intense though. Totally blew my mind. I had an afterglow for a whole week afterwards.
>>
>>5181263
Is there any sort of guarantee I'm going to have any sort of epiphany-esque reevaluation of my worldview on LSD?
>>
>>5181269
He's right, but the reason I said take 3-8 because it will 100% give you an ego death. I took three my first time and I was fine (but I am a bit bigger, so maybe it effects me less), but if I didn't have a friend with me I would have lost it, you gotta have someone to level you out.

I think if its your first time you could easily have an ego death on one or two, but you'd have to keep your mind of the subject until it hits you

so bottom line

big dose: keep friend with you to level you out if you start having a bad trip

small dose: keep your mind off the ego death subject and let it happen, concentrate on other things

also, one last tip for you if you do decide to take LSD is if your taking a big dose and you start going into a bad trip and your friend isn't helping you get out of it, just surrender to your bad thoughts and overcome it, after you do it won't happen again and you'll feel even better when you get out of it

again it's just what helped me though, hope it maybe helps you out too, I know how it be
>>
>>5181269
Probably. It's way more effective if you do it with a close friend you're comfortable with. Some of my best experiences were on a single tab with just one good friend who also took just one. It's great to admire nature, watch trippy videos, etc but having that friend with you really makes you feel connected. Especially if you're both tripping. It'll feel like your trips are synchronized and like you're both having similar epiphanies. It's like going on a spiritual adventure with them that's out of this world.
Be careful because certain sights and sounds can trigger negative feelings.
>>
>>5181269
>>5181281
Yeah this guy gets it. If you fight it, it only gets worse. Sometimes you simply have to let go and meditate. Just remember it's all in your mind and it can't physically harm you even if it is unpleasant.
>>
File: ec6.png (298KB, 600x827px) Image search: [Google]
ec6.png
298KB, 600x827px
>>5181227
>will shrooms work?
nothing will work for u. lol
>>
File: IMG_0874.png (82KB, 736x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0874.png
82KB, 736x627px
>>5181303
Excuse me sir, but that was bury rude. This is nice thread.
>>
>>5180838
Smoake danke kuush
>>
File: 94f.png (172KB, 772x594px) Image search: [Google]
94f.png
172KB, 772x594px
>>5181310
this is bad thread
>>
File: IMG_0783.gif (107KB, 713x677px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0783.gif
107KB, 713x677px
>>5181317
Pls no
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.