[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the deal with snakes/serpents? Are they all evil?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: snek bite.png (1MB, 1365x573px) Image search: [Google]
snek bite.png
1MB, 1365x573px
So what's the deal with snakes/serpents?

Are they all evil?

Why are they depicted as so throughout history?
>>
cuz they look like penis
>>
File: cadeceus.jpg (118KB, 1109x1100px) Image search: [Google]
cadeceus.jpg
118KB, 1109x1100px
there nagas
also benis
>>
File: 44 (44).jpg (28KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
44 (44).jpg
28KB, 310x310px
>>5161544
cateceus*
>>
>>5161532
Snakes aren't evil ,they are wild animals, so don't fuck with them unless you want to get bitten. Except maybe domestic pet snakes, they're probably safe, but be nice to them anyway.

They're depicted as evil because the bible uses them as an allegory for uncontrolled puberty-hormone induced incest because the book of Genesis is often misunderstood. Eve is both Adam's sister (same father, God) and Adam's daughter (she came from his rib) and they're punished for getting sexy with one another because God wanted to warn us of the dangers of extra-retard babies produced by incest but the message was corrupted incredibly over the years into the version of Genesis we see today. Nontheless, the story still resonates strongly with people, so snakes representing the "evil" cock that made them fuck and piss off God and make progressively worse incest babies (Genesis also shows that pre-deluge people were healthier, with longer lifespans, less disease, and smarter as humans degenerated into their current state) remains in our collective unconscious.

Also, they look damn creepy how they slither like that, that doesn't hurt their image of being "evil" at all.
>>
>>5161552
Sources? Or where does that idea generally come from?
>>
>>5161552
>Except maybe domestic pet snakes, they're probably safe
No they're not. They are evil little fuckers who will bite the hand that feeds it on a whim.
>>
>>5161544
also dubs

Your fortune: Reply hazy, try again
>>
File: 1467503739063.png (184KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467503739063.png
184KB, 600x600px
>>5161532
Most of the organisms that don't have an innate, instinctual fear of snakes didn't live long enough to reproduce.

>>5161552
The fear of snakes predates the Tanakh.

Observe this cat, responding with defensive posturing towards a cucumber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ft-rrfRN0 [Embed]

It's not even a snake. It just remotely looks like one, so before the cat even has a chance to look closely at it, and identify what the green, snake like object is from the cat's memory, it reflexively jumps out of the way to defend itself.

Here is a comparison video for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox2CvVHKukE [Embed]

This cat knows it is attacking a snake. Notice how, in order to defend itself, it reflexively hops away. That is the motion a cat uses, in a defensive posture.

It is the same motion that cats use, when they suddenly spot a cucumber.

The fact that this same instinctual response is programmed for both cucumbers, which are not snakes, and snakes, which are snakes, shows that this defensive reflex supercedes the rationality required to differentiate animals from vegetables.

The fear of snakes is so rooted into the animal psyche, that anything remotely cylindrical, and green sets it off.

Because all the animals that waited for rationality to kick in before identifying cylindrical green things died from snake bites.

That is why animals fear snakes. And things people fear are "evil," from their perspective.
>>
>>5161532
Because they ate the baby monkeys so monkeys became immune to snakes by being smart enough to avoid them
>>
le snek girle
>>
>>5161532
Religions old than Christianity feared but respekted snek. Then jeseuss come and say pagans u poop moufs.
Then what haaben?
All christiams say if u like snek u dirty pagan so snek bad. Truly horiblw. But snek not ded and finish. they make show about guy who date snek. its callwd le snek girle.
>>
File: 1487475998403.jpg (13KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487475998403.jpg
13KB, 450x450px
>>5161562
Actually really interesting.
>>
I want to fugg a snek
>>
>>5161557
>the hand that feeds it
It's a snake, it doesn't understand feeding any better than it understands hands. You're a big non-predator that just happen to drop edible things on his side of the invisible wall. Things without maternal instincts make bad pets.
>>
>>5161557
>confirmed for cuck with no cute sneks
>>
>>5161650
>Hell even cats and dogs may bite or scratch if you get between them and their food bowl during chow time.

I don't understand how exactly do you get in the way of a dog eating?
>>
>>5161644
>>5161655
Unchecked dubs, but [s4s] is still alive and there is still hope!
>>
File: 30894692035_e84fa904f7_b.jpg (281KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
30894692035_e84fa904f7_b.jpg
281KB, 1024x680px
you look at this thing and tell me it's not evil incarnate
>>
Snakes are by far the oldest predator mammals have to deal with. If you think about it all other predators are pretty much just bigger mammals and birds which haven't been a thread nearly as early in the overall history of the mammals. It only makes sense for mammals (the fear of snakes is seen in other mammals too not just in humans) to innately fear snakes.
>>
>>5161532
Snake is fucking weird. It move on land like they are swimming on the water. It's like they have anti-grav technology under it's body. Fucking spooky.
>>
>>5161532
snakes represent the reptilian primitive state of the human being, a relic of our evolutionary past
>>
>>5162471
Yeah I'll make a fuckin snake belt to go with my kangaroo balls pouch. Next time I see a snake, I'll keep that in mind
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.