[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my disrespectful father somehow convinced himself that my whole

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: 39397237923232.jpg (863KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
39397237923232.jpg
863KB, 707x1000px
my disrespectful father somehow convinced himself that my whole family is allergic to gluten and now he won't accept me because of my gender expression
>>
Gender Expression?

Correct me if I am mistaken, but there are only 2 Genders. XX and XY.

You must mean your sexuality.
>>
>>5020495
Seems silly to insist on word meanings when you know what the other person is trying to say. All words are is a method of communication, if you become so insistent on one word meaning a certain thing when there's a large group of people that want to use it differently you are just arguing semantics. I don't think anyone on either side knows much about linguistics, because forcing a word to mean something, whatever you think it should, it just silly and counter to the actual evolution of words, whether it be that you are trying to artificially evolve them or artificially restrict them.
In the end it's a division over semantics and that's one of the dumbest things that humans can get divided over, because it ignores actual meaning and intent over just getting mad because you don't want a certain collection of sounds or letters to mean something.
>>
>>5020459
dumb animeposter
>>
>>5020540
So by your reasoning, if hundreds or even thousands of people start calling a Giraffe a Boat then I'm supposed to just sit back and let it be? I'm sorry Anon. This is why words are. We define our world using words providing specific meaning to them so they may not be confused with others. Gender and Sexuality/Sexual Identity are two very different things. By what you convey in your statement Cat and Chainsaw should be interchangeable, and I'm sorry Anon but in no way can they be.
>>
>>5020495
I am a girl (boy) and if you don't respect that it's your prerogative and I'm totally okay with that :^)

unrelated but whoever posts as le shit nigger nowadays please post Steven Pinker there is no ass thread and it's making me deeply uncomfortable
>>
>>5020459
OP, please don't get me wrong. I do sympathize with your plight and not only respect but support your choices dealing with your sexuality and sexual preferences. I wish you well and look forward to the day that people will no longer be persecuted for how and who they love. But that being said, please do not throw the dictionary out the window.
>>
>>5020557
If hundred or even thousands of people start calling a giraffe a boat it's for a reason. Don't push your bullsh*t hypothetical on here like they mean something. Analyze what people actually mean. Like, yes, you've found the grey in the argument, good job. People misuse the word "literally" in the exact opposite way that it typically means. But there is no "literally" movement, and they aren't forced to do it by a lack of substitutes for what they want to say. Also, "sexuality" has a fairly well defined meaning and it's with regards to what you're attracted to. That's different from any meaning of "gender" or "sex". You're right that gender and sexuality/sexual identity are two very different things, and basically everyone, even the people you think would disagree with you, would agree with this. The thing people are trying to push (and I really dislike that they are actively trying to push word use) is a meaning for gender that refers to self image (i.e. do you feel female/male/whatever). Sexuality is about what you're attracted to, and has no relevance here. This isn't a case of just "whoops" you thought a word meant something when it meant something else. This is a genuine case of we need a word to describe a phenomenon, and many people have chosen this one. Whether you think it's mental illness or not we still need a word to describe the specific different here, because that's how words work. When something comes along that a lot of people think is important, we make a word. A not insubstantial part of the populace has chosen the word "gender", and honestly it's not a bad choice. Gender is completely useless as a synonym for "sex". There aren't any interesting connotations like typical synonyms (awesome vs cool for instance), it's just a word that you want to mean the exact same thing as another, better established, word.
>>
>>5020557
>>5020570
I think your difficulty and perhaps why you are being triggered is the fact that gender and sex used to mean the same exact thing and now these words have drifted apart in meaning

I understand this is triggering and confusing but perhaps we need a new word so you will no longer be triggered

if you have any ideas please let me know :^)
>>
>>5020592
>if you have any ideas please let me know :^)
i have an idea
kys :^)
>>
>>5020598
Hey bud, this is a nice board and if you don't want to engage in honest conversation you can h*ck off to a board that is more suitable to you tastes.
>>
>>5020563
This is one of the greatest problems with progression of the move to normalize the right to call oneself whatever you feel you are. No one seem to be able to speak on the subject without attacking the other side. OP I'm on your side. I just don't like the fact that people are confusing sex/gender with sexuality/sexual preference when there is a huge difference between the two. Perfect example, my sexuality is Other Kin, my sex is Male. No matter how hard I try I'm always going to be male. My friend is Trans. She her sexual identity/sexuality is female. But when asked she will tell you proudly that she is Male to Female Transexual.
>>
>>5020604
you and your friends should kys :^)
>>
>>5020598
>>5020607
uh oh D: I really just wanted to post a meme it wasn't my plan to trigger people
>>
>>5020607
We do, quite often. And by the way, triggered is a word used to describe a person who is greatly upset or having a meltdown like some extreme left demographic. I would just like people to not use a word meaning genetics for something going on in your head/heart
>>
>>5020613
Prettyboi, I'm happy that you are comfortable with you when so many still aren't comfortable with themselves. Proud of you. Would even consider making friends with you if you were close by. Sad that people in your life either condemn you for you being yourself or loving who you love, especially family since they should understand the best. I truly wish you only good health and good cheer.
>>
>>5020459
LOL
RE ZERO
try watching ggood aniem like nodame contabile or Tokyo mewmew!
>>
>>5020627
thanks anon :^)

>>5020632
I actually don't watch the show but the image of this character goes with this meme
>>
>>5020585
One, this isn't a phenomenon, it's Nature. A phenomenon is something that isn't common place, and lets face it. Different sexual identities is pretty common place now.

And by the way, Awesome is two levels above Cool.

Cool. Very Cool. Awesome!
>>
>>5020637
Where you at anyway? I'm in Dallas TX
>>
>>5020640
I'm in Michigan
>>
>>5020647
That's sad. I'm always up for meeting a prettyboi. Hehe. kisses
>>
>>5020651
Yeah, that's a long way away :/

I should probably get some sleep

Have a good night anon <3
>>
>>5020639
A phenomenon is not "something that isn't common place". I'm sure you've heard the phrase "natural phenomenon" before. A phenomenon is actually a very general word, it's really just something that happens. Electromagnetism is a natural phenomenon and that happens at all points in time.
Once again, I am not talking about sexual identities at all. The main use of the phrase "sexual identity" is to refer to what you are personally attracted to.

The awesome/cool thing is at best a butcher's simpilization.
>>
<that awesome le feelio when you masterbated to a slutty ass anon
this calls for a song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhhDoSVAN10
>>
>>5020660
wihch abon did u jerk it 2??
>>
>>5020655
You too prettyboi. Sweet dreams and Happy new year. If you need me you can hit me on KIK. Bear3825. Nite nite
>>
>>5020662
some gay dude at the offical /a/ ERP thread
it was like soooooo friggin awesome!
now ill have to find a slutanon to keep in my rapedungeon
>>
>>5020659
My sexual identity is who I am. Not who or what I'm attracted to.
>>
omg stop lewd posting, guys!!!
this is we should hav neve let boys on [s4s] and kept them on their contanment board /s4s/.
>>
>>5020667
Yeah that's a fun definition I hope you have extra fun finding people that are in accord with it.
>>
>>5020647
have we met before?
possibly in Michigan?
in some strange department store?
>>
ITT: lonely faggots
>>
>>5020672
im not gayhy
>>
>>5020672
their is no casue for vulgarity....freeind....
>>
>>5020670
Just saw something that made 100% sense to me. Hope it does to you too.

http://www.hrc.org/resources/sexual-orientation-and-gender-identity-terminology-and-definitions

Sexual orientation

An inherent or immutable enduring emotional, romantic or sexual attraction to other people.

Gender identity

One's innermost concept of self as male, female, a blend of both or neither – how individuals perceive themselves and what they call themselves. One's gender identity can be the same or different from their sex assigned at birth.

Gender expression

External appearance of one's gender identity, usually expressed through behavior, clothing, haircut or voice, and which may or may not conform to socially defined behaviors and characteristics typically associated with being either masculine or feminine.

Transgender

An umbrella term for people whose gender identity and/or expression is different from cultural expectations based on the sex they were assigned at birth. Being transgender does not imply any specific sexual orientation. Therefore, transgender people may identify as straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, etc.

Gender transition

The process by which some people strive to more closely align their internal knowledge of gender with its outward appearance. Some people socially transition, whereby they might begin dressing, using names and pronouns and/or be socially recognized as another gender. Others undergo physical transitions in which they modify their bodies through medical interventions. Read more.

Gender dysphoria

Clinically significant distress caused when a person's assigned birth gender is not the same as the one with which they identify. According to the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), the term – which replaces Gender Identity Disorder – "is intended to better characterize the experiences of affected children, adolescents, and adults."
>>
>>5020677
just saw anex celent double.........checced XD
>>
>>5020672
i am prison gay and proud of it
>>
>>5020677
Yes, these seem like very reasonable definitions. It makes a lot of sense to have these words, I think.
>>
>>5020682
I'm good with it Anon. I say we bury the hatchet and agree to the fore mentioned definitions. Cheers Anon
>>
>>5020685
I think for the most part I can agree with these definitions since they're useful and I think they're what a lot of people are actually trying to get at when they say them, so it's mostly good with me. Cheers, anon. Hope you have a happy new year too.
>>
File: 1483151133934.jpg (50KB, 782x784px) Image search: [Google]
1483151133934.jpg
50KB, 782x784px
>>5020459. there are two genders...expression does not matter ...you are a boy who likes girls ,straight, or boys ,gay, a girl who likes boys ,straight, or likes girls ,gay,....the only pass that seems legitimate is the people who are naturaly born with one one body type and the non matching sexual part (girl body with penis natural no estrogen pills involved or a guys body with a vagina) AND OF COURSE hymophrodites..but these variants only happen in .07% of births according to the Mayo Clinics research. So forget this stupid liberal idea you are what you think you are...no you are what your body says you are....

Your fortune: Bad Luck
>>
>>5020869
wow super usefu linguistics u idiot lol
>>
File: 1483236524157.jpg (22KB, 475x470px) Image search: [Google]
1483236524157.jpg
22KB, 475x470px
>>5020936. That is you comment, you limit of simple deductive reasoning, amazing, yet you comment on my linguistics, quite laughable. Oh well dont care..
>>
>>5020666
Hurr durr gender expression huehue linguistics bla bla.. and meanwhile no one has even checked this guys trips. Aren't you ashamed of yourself s4s? Just take a break from posting for a minute or so to realise how many flubes you could have posted, or how many times you could have typed out "le millenom girl" in the time you have now wasted on discussing which words to use to describe trans people. Do you even have the slightest idea of how useless that is. When will people finally fucking realise they can't force their indeas on other people by changing language? Let me explain it to you one more time: even if you, the frustrated asshole, would manage to make "confused gay guy" the official term for trans people, they will still feel like a girl and people will still notice you're ignorant. And even if you, the tumblr famous trans kid, would fabricate some law that allows any word or concept to fill the 'gender' field on your passport, you will still need to work on yourself to lose your insecurity and people will still notice that you are an enormous attention whore. So pls, get ur shid together and post some cade or something
>>
File: all yan.png (2MB, 850x1148px) Image search: [Google]
all yan.png
2MB, 850x1148px
sorry i dont care i just like girls that like girls
>>
>>5021187
you actually can change ideas with words tho.

thats the joke.

theres actually an unironic verbal contest occurring atm to change the definition of words, in order to circumvent certain cultural expectations related to which biological reproduction function a human has.

thats really actually whats happening, and it really takes at least two sides doing the exact same thing, and believing they're not doing it, in order for this contest to take place.
>>
>>5021187
thx for bullyin everyone for me
>>
>>5021205
That's true, I should have been a little more specific on that. You can set social norms by changing words for things, but you can't change the way people truly feel about it. There will allways be trans people. There will allways be people who find the idea of trans people confusing and scary. There will allways be people who think they are special because of their sexual attraction/gender orientation and they will always be recognized as very annoying. By taking part in this 'verbal competition' you are only creating unnatural values and taboos that make life miserable for one group of people and that will be replaced by other values and taboos eventually. So in the best scenario you win the battle and a lot of people that don't have an opinion of their own will share yours for some time. I honestly can't come up with a reason to be happy with that other than calming down a huge infeniority complex. In any other case the only clever thing to do would be to accept that anything exist and your feelings about it are completely insignificant.
>>
File: 52mD7Qz.jpg (198KB, 1081x1023px) Image search: [Google]
52mD7Qz.jpg
198KB, 1081x1023px
>>5021330
>That's true, I should have been a little more specific on that. You can set social norms by changing words for things, but you can't change the way people truly feel about it.

You're still incorrect, and it's because you don't know how to use words correctly.

People is plural. People is the plural form of the word "person." You cannot change how a person feels, with words.

You CAN change how PEOPLE <--- (plural) feel about things, with words, because words is how a PERSON'S <--- (singular) feelings is expressed to PEOPLE <--- (plural).

That's all I have time for. Didn't read the rest of the post.
>>
File: weeeee.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
weeeee.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>5021336
Don't worrie bout it anon-kun, i only used your response as an excuse to continue my rant against everyone and everything so there wasn't much (You) in it anyway
>>
File: Keksodius.jpg (199KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Keksodius.jpg
199KB, 1920x1080px
How to get out of #Fortune
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.