[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /s4s/. I came to 4chan during the months leading up to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: Image.ashx.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
124KB, 223x311px
Hello /s4s/. I came to 4chan during the months leading up to the election. At first I started browsing /pol/ after hearing about KEK and Pepe. While following the election on /pol/, lurking and occasionally posting, I started visiting other boards relevant to my interests. After Trump became president elect, I pretty much stopped browsing /pol/. I spend most of my time on /v/, while browsing a few other boards.

I'm posting here on /s4s/ because after seeing many of the boards on 4chan, this has quickly become my favorite one. From what I can tell, it's a small community of nice people who like to meme. It's great; there's none of what makes /pol/ "challenging", so to speak, and there's none of the constant bickering on /v/ that makes that board depressing. My impression is, however wrong it is, is that this is the most well adjusted board. The thing that this board has, over many other well adjusted boards, is quality memes.

I would like to be one of you guys; but I have a problem. I don't think I know how to meme. I know I need to /lurk moar/ to get the feel of 4chan culture and evolve from a somewhat normie into a, well, I don't really know what, but I feel like time and lurking won't cut it. I need to be shown the ropes. I need help kick starting my memeing.

Any anon's willing to help a bro out here?
>>
File: 1387709990648.jpg (9KB, 176x244px) Image search: [Google]
1387709990648.jpg
9KB, 176x244px
>>4979224
pel
>>
>>4979226

pls 4gve
>>
File: 1475498309124.jpg (57KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1475498309124.jpg
57KB, 800x534px
>>4979224
Dubs are essential.Always do the fortune thingy and the memes will flow, my man.
Welcome and thanks for not browsing le /bee/ :)
>>
I do not know how to meme. It is an isolating feeling, but I will persevere. I will discover how to meme
>>
>>4979233

le chekc

How do you do the fortune thingy?
>>
>>4979224
Not sure if elaborate ruse or extremely elaborative ruse
>>
>>4979244

chequed

no ruse here. Should I write less formally? I feel like that would help me fit in more, but then again, it could be a personal style.

I don't really want to have a style though; I want to make memes like you guys do, because /s4s/ has a nice aesthetic.
>>
>>4979250
No it's just that I've made a few posts where I speculated that a lot of the /pol/posters people are seeing outside of /pol/ are due to the fact that a lot of new people recently came to 4chan, and more specifically /pol/, and now that the election is over you're all spreading out onto new boards but you're not lurking at all you're just making bad posts everywhere. so either you're making a thread based on this theory as a way to mock people that believe this sort of thing, or you're actually confirming my hypothesis that this is what's been happening to 4chan lately. I can't be sure which though, and that's pretty amusing. I choose to think that you're a ruseman though because we're on [s4s] and that is the most likely explanation.
>>
File: flube.gif (98KB, 460x405px) Image search: [Google]
flube.gif
98KB, 460x405px
>>4979224
i now shall grant unto you le great power ~ accept now, young meme acolyte---- le FLUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 578.jpg (103KB, 680x507px) Image search: [Google]
578.jpg
103KB, 680x507px
>>4979255
Harsh words, intresting theory and also dubs. Nice!
>>
>>4979263
I could have been a lot harsher tbh I thought it was pretty mild
>>
>>4979255
>>4979260
>>4979263

I like you guys. This is a very nice board!
>>
File: ______.jpg (54KB, 880x512px) Image search: [Google]
______.jpg
54KB, 880x512px
>>4979250
honestly if you GET it, it should only take a couple months to really absorb all the memes, I started browsing here about a year and a half ago and that's more or less what it took, people don't care how you write but you'll probably find that you write formally when you want to actually ask a question and write in a retarded mess when you want to meme. The inbetween of course is when you want to make an epic/massive ruse and you write formally when in reality it's ironic, but that's so rarely done that honestly I wouldn't worry about it, there's no reason to ever suspect anyone of performing such a preposterous deed here on this board.
The one thing I do recommend you do is anything you suspect could be a meme, do some research on. Search it up on 4plebs, and figure out when it began for yourself. Don't go crazy of course, I hate digging back into the past about memes, it just makes me depressed that I wasn't around for them, just ones that you're particularly curious about.
Remember to open up threads you would normally avoid, because it may turn out the meme was better then you remember. countless time I've avoided one guys copy pasta junk until I once opened up the thread just to wonder what all the fuss was about to discover something really top.
Just for some info, for you to start feeling like you get the memes it will probably take about a month or two of minimal (20 minutes a day or so) browsing. That's not to say you can browse 12 hours in one day and understand it all, the point is that new memes will be invented in the coming months, and you'll have got to witness their origins and so you'll feel like you actually know them a lot better.
There will be crazy shit threads that you hate at first, but those always turn out to be the best memes, if anyone ever makes a thread that appears to be meant to hurt people or makes you mad, remember these guys are PROFESSIONALS they're layers above you, you just don't understand them yet.
Have fun..
>>
>>4979392
>>4979284
Oh I almost forgot one last important thing: pay attention to everyone's names, it may seem trivial now, but keeping track of who's who is very important. On other boards you don't tend to care but on s4s it's nice to know who the most active contributors are, as they get referenced a fair amount. When I "speed read" a thread I tend to glance back and forth between the names and the text to get an idea of who's talking. For the full effect you can do different voices for all the different figs but that's kind of advanced.
>>
>>4979392
>remember these guys are PROFESSIONALS they're layers above you, you just don't understand them yet.
this guy gets it
>>
>>4979402
who are you quoting?

also meanposters out
>>
File: post-ironic_memes.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
post-ironic_memes.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
>>4979392

>you'll probably find that you write formally when you want to actually ask a question and write in a retarded mess when you want to meme. The inbetween of course is when you want to make an epic/massive ruse and you write formally when in reality it's ironic, but that's so rarely done that honestly I wouldn't worry about it, there's no reason to ever suspect anyone of performing such a preposterous deed here on this board.
>>
>>4979255
This desufampire.
>>
>>4979224
/pol/ is trash but welcome to nice board! Pls enjoy ur stay and meme responsibly!
>>
>>4979224
le millenom girl
>>
File: 1463366646564.jpg (552KB, 1104x593px) Image search: [Google]
1463366646564.jpg
552KB, 1104x593px
>>4979240

>/pol/
>/v/

#fortune

Your fortune: Better not tell you now
>>
File: punishrude.gif (263KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
punishrude.gif
263KB, 800x800px
>>4979590
Dobnt be mean 2 the lernin, this is nice board
>>
>>4979559
Who are you quoting?

>>4979260
This

Also check your privilege first. Then meme away!

Your fortune: Average Luck
>>
>>4979224
Dank meme OP.
>>
>>4979224
Check your fortune like this also
fortune>true_postfortune.true.newfig.avi
>>
>>4979224
The problem is, OP, that you probably aren't seeing all the posts. If you are just viewing [s4s] through the /s4s/ board, you don't see the green posts, the posts with letters in their ids, or anything numberless. Together, those make up about 40-70 percent of [s4s], depending on the day. So conversation will appear disjointed and spastic, because you won't be getting the full picture.

I actually just flipped over to the /s4s/ interface to make this post, and it's pretty funny how unintelligible [s4s] is like this.
>>
>>4979739
How do I see all the posts? I'm having trouble understanding
>>
>>4979744
With those dubs anything is possible. ;^)
>>
>>4979733
Why are these unchecked? Get it together guys. Also nice Dubbies oracle
>>
>>4979747
>747
>steel memes
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.