[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite potter movie? I can't pick between Prisoner of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: 1323212452.jpg (607KB, 1620x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1323212452.jpg
607KB, 1620x1192px
Favorite potter movie?

I can't pick between Prisoner of Azkaban, Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows Part 1. All really fucking gold
>>
>>4912949
I saw them all and can't remember a thing from any of them
>>
>>4912961
i remember not liking the first one when it came out behkoz muhh books but then the very last one was terrible too
so i guess any of them except the last one
>>
>>4912964
I remember the last scenes of the last one where herminey kisses Ronald on some steps and being confused because the entirety of the last two movies were spent building up chemistry between Harry and herminey
>>
i lol'd so freaking hard at this thread...
>>
>>4912949
3 was gold and the first two pure comfy
I disliked 4, and splitting 7 was generally a shit idea imo
5 was nice I suppose, 6 decent
Actually I find it hard to remember what actually happened in 6. Just hadn't that much going
>>
>>4912961
>>4912964
shit taste

>>4912984
7.1 is so much better than 7.2 and it works with the climax of dobbys death, only part in the books you could end and split up on. the original print was 5.5 hours. part 2 was rushed enough, one movie would have been super rushed

They were all good besides goblet i agree with OP
>>
the worst movie is absolutely Half-Blood Prince
>>
>>4912961
>>4912968
you should rewatch them I liked them a lot more on rewatches, especially compared to shit made nowadays
>>
File: 1479331544424.jpg (1MB, 3296x3885px) Image search: [Google]
1479331544424.jpg
1MB, 3296x3885px
>>4913046
>7.1 is so much better than 7.2
now that i think about it im pretty sure ur wrong but i aint gonna rewatch them now so just take this meme n move on honey

actually wait. which one was the one with malfoy wrecking a bathroom
that one was garbage
>>
File: DarkMark.webm (986KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
DarkMark.webm
986KB, 1280x532px
>>4913048
No thats one of the best ones actually, if you are a plotfag you'll hate it, but the atmosphere was really good. It captured the last hurrah 'good times are ending vibe' and things are going to shit.
>>
>>4913046
Actually, what I dislike 7 and 8 for is not beeing bad films by any means (though much of the book stuff got lost but honestly who cares) but for starting this whole "let's make it two films instead of one" thing. Srsly, this money making technique never produced anything better than decent and kinda ruined the finale of many sagas (hunger games, the hobbit, etc)
>>
File: 1456226349194.jpg (262KB, 1509x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1456226349194.jpg
262KB, 1509x2100px
>>4913059
7.1 is literally sex, sexy cinema
>>
>>4912949
chamber of secrets > everything else
harry potter is trash, but at least the early ones didn't go full edge
>>
>>4913065
frankly that has nothing to do with the films themselves though, this was actually the one time it deserved it, the first part was slow and brooding with character development and then the second part was pure adrenaline. I read if they didnt split it up they were thinking of not even calling it the deathly hallows because it would have been a rushed mess and they wouldnt have been able to focus on anything but the horcruxes
>>
>>4913069
I love secrets but no, its the worst reviewed film for a reason, the direction was not tight. Rowling literally wrote edge she was a grimdark lover, the movies are fucking good they best fantasy along with LOTR. Shit like that simply will not be made anymore sadly
>>
>>4913076
Still can't force myself to like it, eventhough I know it's not reasonable

Also, I just don't really enjoy films with an open ending or missing start. (Wich is the reason I prefer a new hope over empire, hope was a finished film in itself, empire kinda ends on a cliffhanger) it's ok with series, but with a movie? Na fam
Just my personal opinion though, I think I'm in the minority with this mindset
>>
>>4913096
I gotchu but i think the themes displayed in dh1 are their own, every film feels different and can be standalone or part of the whole. dh1 has an orwellian stripped vibe, idk i liked how it made it more personal before ending the series, made me care more
>>
>>4913101
>>4913096
Also speaking of star wars a new hope is the best. rotj is also underrated, way better than the force awakens could ever be imo even with its faults
>>
>>4913101
Perhaps you are right, watched each of them only once I think
Probably I should rewatch them, now that the dust has settled

>>4913106
Yes, indeed new hope was just great and works completely whithout the other films
Actually, for me it's 4>5>6>7=3>1>2

Generally, at least most people agree on (4=5)>(6=7=3)>(1=2), but Star Wars is a whole different thing compared to Harry Potter
>>
oi ron voldermort is shagging hermionie wif hiz wizard dicc
>>
>>4912949
star wars episode 3
>>
>>4913176
You should definitely rewatch them

>Actually, for me it's 4>5>6>7=3>1>2
Thats my ranking though I would put 3>7
>>
>>4913193
how do i get the good namefig badge brotha
askign 4 a fren
>>
>>4913195
Ok, you convinced me fam
Now what about...ok, are there any other film sagas I'm missing?
haven't seen Star Trek or any of the slashers
>>
>>4913197
>askign 4 a fren
4 me
>>
>>4913207
Im not into slasher stuff, i guess the first two halloweens are decent for the genre? Idk not recommending them myself. But the slasher stuff is pretty much crap, I guess the first nightmare on elm street.. You've probably seen back to the future and jurassic park trilogy. ive heard the mad max trilogy was pretty good but idk if its aged badly or is actually good, mel gibson is based tho (incidentally the guy who shot the new mad max fury came out of retirement and he shot the first harry potter, havent seen fury road though)

The first star trek is definitely watchable as is the next one, if you like them just keep watching in order Id say. JJs star treks were actually good and sort of star warsy themselves but JJ did a good job and they were certainly his own. The new one that just came out was a headache though.

I cant think of anything else. I dont like the xmen movies. Terminator movies only camerons were good. The first three aliens were good tho
>>
>>4913244
Yeah, sound reasonable. Dollar triology has to be the best film saga out there that I have seen until now, matrix was...well, my opinion doesn't differ that much from others on that point.
Just rewatched first blood recently, it was actually very nice. 2,3,4 were all kind off the same action trash if I recall correctly.
I guess I should watch the vengeance triology (oldboy etc.) to get some good films going angain.

Last film I watched was 12 monkeys and it was really not that good imo
>>
I watched all of them but only remember the first one so 1>the others
>>
>>4913270
That just means you have a shitty brain and not only that an opinion I dont see not throwing into the trash, rewatch em.
>>
>>4913268
I liked 12 monkeys when i first saw it but since then its not that good. Have you see the film its based off of La Jetee? Its great. (incidentally again, the cinematographer for 12 monkeys and brazil also did chamber of secrets and goblet of fire) Have you seen other Gilliam? Fear and loathing is really good and Brazil. The Zero Thereoem is supposed to be pretty decent. Rowling actually wanted him to do potter but the studio veteod it lol

Three dollars trilogy was very good. Ill give first blood a watch i never have.
>>
>>4913299
>Ill give first blood a watch i never have.
What a horrible life you must have lived
>>
6 > 7 > 4 > 8 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 5

I haven't seen 3 in a while, so it might be higher if I rewatched it. Everything else would stay the same.
>>
>>4913312
No ive seen thousands of films, i probably have seen a tiny bit here or there over the years
>>
>>4913334
I love 6 and 7 so you have very nice taste. I think 4 was directed batshitly and the acting even suffered directly because of it. really like 3. Glad you like Yates 6 and 7 were sweet
>>
>>4913285
No thanks, I'd rather watch a better movie
>>
>>4913388
Kek I'm sure you watch pure dogshit
>>
>>4913388
t. 10 cloverfield lane edge of tomorrow reddit plen
>>
>>4913299
Brazil was great actually, watched it shortly after reading 1984 so it just fitted the whole "thing" I had going at that time. I also enjoyed "Johnny got his gun" back then, probably one of the more uncommon films I have seen.

I'm also thinking about giving lost in translation a second watch, it was just beautiful
>>
>>4913392
Ugh this guy doesn't like my epic wizard kids movie so I'll tell him to go to reddit
>>4913390
One man's dogshit is another man's treasure
>>
>>4913406
Not a fan of sophia coppola but I liked the bling ring as a satire. I just didnt like the mood or the direction of lost in translation i guess
>>
>>4913425
go watch edge of tomorrow again niglet
>>
>>4913427
Understandable, actually based on the facts I should hate the film (no real focus, nothing big happening ever etc. etc.) but I strangely like it.

My personal secret tipp are the Korean "action" films
My way, taegukgi, the host, Train to Busan, snowpiercer. All solid 8/10 imo
>>
The hell no! Fourth episode is the best in my opinion, but i have to agree with you first and second episode suck
>>
>>4913431
Is it a good movie?
>>
>>4913444
It was probably due to my temperament when watching. You could say HBP didnt have much happening too but i was feeling the atmosphere.

I'm glad we're having an actual discussion unlike how it would be on /tv/. I haven't watched any Korean films really
>>
File: 1477815478637.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477815478637.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>4913490
I guess if you are looking for a good film discussion, the best thing to do is searching for it as far away from /tv/ as possible
As for korean films, giving maybe snowpiercer a try would be the best thing at the start as it's mostly American actors and is similar to most Hollywood movies, but in the right ways. Still has it's problems, but pretty nice overall
>>
>>4913507
Ill check it out im surprised i havent yet
>>
File: arry poper.jpg (4KB, 113x46px) Image search: [Google]
arry poper.jpg
4KB, 113x46px
'sgota b the twin towrs!!
expelearmus!
>>
I saw a few of the Harry Potter movies but I don't really understand where they go witht he guy. Ok so he's a wizard so what. I got real problems.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.