[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sports - Sponsored By Budweiser, King Of Your Dad's Disgusting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: f0bLhle.gif (963KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
f0bLhle.gif
963KB, 500x250px
I understand that watching very talented and athletic people compete against each other can be entertaining to watch. I get that.

What I don't get is 'having a team', or being a 'fan'. It seems to me the reason behind liking this team over another comes down to simple proximity to the home stadium of the team. Joe lives in Miami, and wouldn't ya know it, he looooves the dolphins. Why? He has no good reason. Nobody ever does. Nobody ever looked into all the teams and the players and their sportsmanship and their ability and decided "hey this team seems like a bunch of really cool people" or something like that. There is absolutely zero reason to be a fan of a sports team. The players constantly change, so what're you a fan of exactly? A franchise, a business model. You're a fan of fat millionaires making business decisions. And you've bought all the stupid fucking paraphernalia. Coffee mugs. Doormats. T-shirts. You're just a consumer. Watching sports fanatically doesn't even qualify as a hobby. Hobbies require your creative participation. Zoning out to the boob-tube all day after you come home from work, letting all the mindless advertising just wash over you wave after wave without turning the channel or muting it, this doesn't qualify as a hobby, it's just a case of addiction.

I have a theory about "Sports" and people who are fans of this or that team. Imagine there was a big light bulb in every city, one that was green and one that was red, in the center of the city. Once every couple of months, a ritual coin toss is performed to see which bulb will light up. If it's green, then everyone in the city is given semi-cart-Blanche to "party hard" and drink and laugh and yell in the streets and hug their friends and come into work hung over. If its red then they just mope around like they normally do. It's a culturally sanctioned event for adults to let loose once in a while. Because very few have the imagination to do that on their own without cultural sanctions.
>>
>>4878042
aha woa good post good titel. thats a real clever like titel. im reminted of mad magazine.. always a fun subject to c*rclej*rk about but u brothe new life into it my dude pound it
>>
>>4878042
i dnt rly care 4 sportswatchin but I thnk some of th'mistaek ur makin here is th'same 1 ppl make whn thy talk bout pro wrasslin:
thy say "oh its fake how can u not get that" and its like thy do get that thy undrstand it and u r sayin "oh its obv arbitrare which team u like" but i thnk most ppl tht have "teams" undrstand tht its jst proximty tht led thm 2 b a fan of tht team. like thy kno alredy n som thngs in life r ok 2 b arbitrar bcuz its jst 4 fun like if u n-joy rootin 4 sum1 specifc n takin part in vicaruois competite u mite as wel root 4 who is clos 2 u
also ths is especaily tru bcuz then its way ez-er 2 go 2 their games imagin if u root 4 sum1 in californ n u liv in philadelph rite it wuld suck lol it jst ads n-othr layer of fun 2 wtching th'sport whch isnt a bad thng
ur last part has sum trth 2 it ppl like 2 celbrate n hav fun if life givs n excuse 2 party hardy thn mst ppl take tht i duno bout ur last sentnce tho lol

also of corse ther r thos tht take it 2 far like if u actual hate fans of othr teams thts sily n harmfull so i agre tht thos ppl go 2 far but i thnk 4 most ppl th'team thng is jst a way 2 add anothr layr 2 th'hole expericne of wtch ppl thrw bals 2 eachothr
now if u wnted 2 questoin th'amont of time ppl spnd wtchin ppl throw bals 2 eachothr thn i wuld b mor on board w/ u so i agre w/ the sentiment of ur bit on zonin out 2 th'boobtoob
>>
>>4878059
Right.
The zoning out and watching hundreds of hours of advertising is fuckin depressing.
Also, weddings act as a culturally sanctioned event to let loose and 'party' or whatever.
This reason these things annoy me is because if anyone had any imagination and weren't so dictated by what culture considers 'allowable' or 'unallowable' then they could just live it up and have fun. In this regard I really love the rave scene during the early 90s.
It was people just getting together in an incredibly unnoficial way and having a blast, but people are so pent up and programmed that they need to do all this weird circular back-flipping about MY FAVORITE TEAM WON in order to do it, it just annoys me how people are like that.
>>
>>4878067
im def in agrement w/ u bout th'ads thng it is v. depress how mch advert tht ppl wtch
i thnk it rots ur brane 2bh i avoid em at al cost i wld prob b sympathtc 2 a group tht wuld bomb billbords along hiways lol
>>
>>4878071
Yooo I've always wanted to destroy advertisements, that's some spiritually-advanced terrorism.
>>
>>4878074
haha yes!!
my mst hated r def bilboards bcuz like evry othr ad i can mostly elimnate 4rom m'daily life but bilboards jst block n ruin th'prtty skylin n i lov drivin n lookin at thngs so mch it makes me mad
>>
>>4878115
whops ths is me lol
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.