[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eumemics (/juːˈmɛmJks/; from Greek εὐμίμημα eumemes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1297288851229.jpg (118KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1297288851229.jpg
118KB, 640x480px
Eumemics (/juːˈmɛmJks/; from Greek εὐμίμημα eumemes "well-meme'd" from εὖ eu, "good, well" and μίμημα mīmēma, "imitated thing") is a set of beliefs and practices that aims at improving the memetic quality of the human population. It is a social philosophy advocating the improvement of human memetic traits through the promotion of higher rates of meme production for memes with desired traits (positive eumemics), or reduced rates of meme reproduction and sterilization of memes with less-desired or undesired traits (negative eumemics), or both. Alternatively, meme selection rather than "people selection" has recently been made possible through advances in meme editing (e.g. CRISPR). The exact definition of eumemics has been a matter of debate since the term was coined. The definition of it as a "social philosophy"—that is, a philosophy with implications for social order—is not universally accepted, and was taken from Frederick Osborn's 1937 journal article "Development of a Eumemic Philosophy".
>>
>>4720485
*clicks that like button*

Your fortune: Excellent Luck
>>
>>4720497
excellent

Your fortune: ( ´_ゝ`)フーン
>>
File: magic triggered.gif (1MB, 480x342px) Image search: [Google]
magic triggered.gif
1MB, 480x342px
>>4720485
smarte anime-poster?
>>
>>4720508
thank uuuuuuuu
>>
>>4720485
>>4720508
dumb animeposter
>>
>>4720485
I see a lot of these problems existing in liberal movements as well. Like look at things like feminism or the gay pride movement or media outlets like Vice/Viceland and special interest groups like MGTOW or BLM. Instead of advocating for true equality, it's the same old bull where these people just advocate for what they are instead of equal rights for all, and they justify it by saying that they are less equally representing due to "privilege" or existing majorities or whatever. But when you advocate like for example how I saw a commercial on Viceland coming out with a show for a whole month of celebrating only female photographers, imo this kind of mentality only furthers prejudice behavior just in the opposite direction of the current trend. Like I want equal rights for everyone, black, white, jew, gay, straight, trans, religious, atheist, whatever (as long as you aren't a hate group. Like I don't advocate for radical islam or radical atheism or "die cis scum" trans people or really any group that wants to force their opinion on everyone.)
It leads to the same divide & conquer mentality and demographics that both sides pretend to be trying to advocate against, like look at the direction that a lot of the BLM people are going in, where they get this mentality like "we should be allowed a freepass to be prejudiced to all white people because slavery and whatnot" .But see, i'm not black and I know for a fact that I had slaves in my family that weren't black either and I also have a family history of fighting against prejudice like in WW2 and the Civil Rights Era, so I don't want to be mistreated just because of the color of my skin or my sexual status or whatever, just like they don't want to be. I didn't participate in that stuff so this whole revenge thing that you often see with special interest groups is just a load of bull. It's simply more bigotry at the end of the day.
>>
>>4720642
But those aren't political movements. They are corporations.

American "feminism" is essentially a bunch of rich white women yelling shit to agitate American women hurt by the system, and telling them "Buy my book!" "Watch the ads on my youtube videos!" and "Pay to watch my lecture at the city library!".
Instead of actually trying to combat the problems these women face. Because if American women had the same liberties that West-European women had, there would be no more need for these pop-culture feminist books, feminist youtube videos and feminist lectures, because when all the problems are solved feminism ends up purely as a political and philosophical watchdog force, ensuring egality. There's no money to be earned in that.
>>
>>4720644
I guess my point is not so much that those are political movements (even though most of those movements that I mentioned with the exception of MGTOW do seem do identify as liberal more often than not). But more just that special interest groups in general seem to be biased in the fight for the own people, rather than progressive in the fight for equality for all. I just don't think that's healthy for the future of the human race. Like for example how with most thirdwave feminists or MGTOWs or BLM people, there is often very extremist views in play that favor whatever it is that they claiming to be advocating for the equality of. I think it's just as regressive and prejudiced to be a Black lives matter person or a trans person or whatever who believes things like that their own people should have special rights over whatever group they are fighting against, like a white pride movement or an anti-gay agenda or whatever. Can't we just fight for true equality for everyone? I don't think that something like BLM or Viceland or feminism or gaypride is nearly as progressive as a group that says "Ok, prejudice sucks, so lets not just fight for our people, but for the rights of everyone."
I can't see how women or blacks having more rights than males or whites and similar things like that is any healthier than the reverse situation, like where systematic pro-white racism or pro-male dominated culture is in force. I'd like to see a world where everyone is treated equally, not one where any particular group gets special privilege, be they current majorities or current minorities. The real future of equality imo is not saying "ok, blacks/women/etc need to have special quotas and rights", but more like a future where meritocracy and equal treatment reigns for all.
>>
>>4720647
this really made me think
>>
>>4720642
>>4720644
>>4720647
I actually didn't read any of this
>>
>>4720669
every post deserves to be read by everyone
>>
>>4720671
I didn't read this post either
>>
proast
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.