[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: 20160304_211416.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160304_211416.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
hello everyone! welcome to my blog pls upboat and subscribe! today i have green pea soup with leeks!!!1 it's got croutons and sour cream also.
this one is a lil bit special cuz my inspiration was a really old book. i based this on a recipe in hannah glasse's 1747 cookbook "the art of cookery made plain and easy", which is one of the first major cookbooks in english, and really the first commercial one ever, basically. it's intended for domestic servants working for the british upper classes. there is some interesting stuff in there but the recipes (or receipts as Mme Glasse calls them, the word "recipe" was not in vogue yet) can be a little obtuse.
now before anyone complains, i realize most pea soups are an even puree, and do not contain whole unmashed peas in them, however this is precisely what the recipe called for. the addition of leeks was my own choice (although another of her pea soup recipes contain leeks so it's in the same spirit)
here is one of the recipes in the book for green pea soup, the main one i was looking at, with the original spelling and long S's:
A green peaſe ſoup.
TAKE a quart of old green peaſe, and boil them till they are quite tender as pap, in a quart of water ; then ſtrain them through a ſieve,and boil a guart of young peaſe in that water. In the mean time put the old peaſe into a ſieve, pour half a pound of melted butter over them,and ſtrain them through the ſieve with the back of a ſpoon, till you have got all the pulp. When the young peaſe are boiled enough, add the pulp and butter to the young peaſe and liquor ; ſtir them together till they are ſmooth, and ſeaſon with pepper and ſalt. You may fry a French roll, and let it ſwim in the diſh. If you like it, boil a bundle of mint in the peaſe.

i did have an herb bouquet (parsley thyme bay and mint). her other recipes for pea soup ask for "sweet herbs", which basically means herbs like parsley and thyme as opposed to bitter herbs. like idk prolly wormwood or sth.
>>
>>4217897
>>4217897
>>4217897
>>
1st

Your fortune: Very Bad Luck
>>
>>4217898
???
>>
File: 20160304_193359.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160304_193359.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
i also added sour cream and croutons as i said before.

here are the ingredients: frozen peas (i think by "old peas" she means dried ones, but no reason to not use fresh)
a leek.
butter
herbs (parsley, thyme, bay leaves, mint (i only had dried mint)
salt and pepper.
very basic!
also french bread and sour cream.

>>4217899
>99
nice dubs! u were actually second but the dubs make up for it!
>>
>>4217899
>>4217899
>>4217899
>>4217899
>>4217899
>>4217899
>>
File: bananan29.jpg (20KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
bananan29.jpg
20KB, 265x265px
>>4217897
New LoLo Cooking Bread

Yiss
>>
File: 20160304_195048.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160304_195048.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
ok she seems to call for equal parts water and peas, strain the water and mash the first set of peas with butter, then return everything to the pot until the second set of peas cook equal.
i increased the water a little bit, and covered the pot, which was not specified but this was necessary to keep the water from evaporating.
i also scaled down the recipe. i used about 2 and a half cups of peas total, and about 2 tbsp of butter. recipe calls for 8 cups peas (a quart is 4, and yes this is before the british revised their imperial system in 1800 something so they are the same measures as used in america today literally) and 8 tbsp (half pound) of butter.
i had to scale it down cuz i didn't want to make that much soup. i'm was only feeding 3 ppl.

but basically the only preparation to be done b4 cooking is to tie up the herb bouquet (i like using cheesecloth) and wash and slice the leek (halve it b4 washing so u get all the dirt out from the layers)
>>
>>4217897
that is my sperm in the centre
>>
File: 20160304_204245.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160304_204245.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
>>4217924
it's sour cream u dork

to do the croutons i had some french bread (baguette type) that i sliced on a slight bias, u know angled like so u get longer pieces, and then i cuz off the crust with shears, and then toasted in melted butter until they turned golden brown.
>>
File: 20160304_211410.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160304_211410.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
finishing the soup was really just, after the first set of peas were soft i mashed them in my potato ricer (mme glasse says to press them through a sieve with a spoon but the ricer is a bit less work), added a tbsp of butter to the mashed peas, then sauteed the leeks in a tbsp of butter until tender, added the mushy peas and the cooking liquid from them, some fresh peas and simmered until those were tender.
to finish it season with salt and pepper and if u want to stir in some cream at the end do it off heat so it doesn't curdle. that's all! thanks everyone.
also this is the rest of what i ate.
a sausage w/ some mustard and also salad plus the soups. yum? pls give constructive critique if u think it looks gross, thx.
>>
File: 20160304_211427.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20160304_211427.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
also obligatory salad. i usually post this earlier in the thread. lol
>>
>>4217935
cut*** off the crust.. >_< i can't type worth sh*t, sorry
>>
File: 1430864661174.gif (473KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1430864661174.gif
473KB, 500x496px
>>4217897
Hi LoLo! I just want you to know that I read and enjoy most of your cooking threads. I rarely post in them not because I don't like them, but because I rarely have any comments worth adding (something like "this is good, I like it" doesn't really contribute much to discussion), and I don't want to involve myself in drama.

Anyway,
>i based this on a recipe in hannah glasse's 1747 cookbook "the art of cookery made plain and easy", which is one of the first major cookbooks in english, and really the first commercial one ever, basically.
So this recipe doesn't just look good, it's actually a real piece of cooking history? That's so cool!
>>
>>4217897
tbh sharp s looks like a dick with the clap
>>
>>4217982
i mean long

still it does :||
>>
>>4217967
thanks ynyarri! i like reading old cookbooks i guess cuz i nerd out on that kinda. i saw this one and being confident i fully understood it (like they can be a bit obtuse as i said, food and cooking has changed since the 18th century), figured i'd make it.

>>4217982
>>4217987
>sharp s
it's english, not german lol. a lot of ppl find it looks like an f. it takes a bit of adjustment to read but u can get used to it easily enough.
>>
>>4217897
hi lolo! this looks good, especially the toast and the other food too. bone appedit!
>>
>>4217996
I know. Sharp s is Esszet. Point was long s is like a dong that's curved at the top. Weird observation but this is weird board.
>>
>>4217897

this is good, i like it
>>
food
>>
I like how it looks like rabbit ears poking from a soup
>>
lolo is this secret rabbit soup
>>
>>4218558
it's just peas, leeks, butter and sour cream, cooked with herbs and seasoned.
>>
>>4217906
the salt is made out of dead jews
>>
Soup is the best. I love pea soup but butternut squash soup is the very best, you should try making it some time LoLo its really simple, like most soups
>>
>>4218802
it's just salt from the ocean. i use kosher salt cuz i like the coarse grain size. i pour it in a small box for adding a pinch here and there. i also keep fine grain salt around for baking. ofc u can buy coarse sea salt too that is similar grain but it varies brand to brand.

>>4218806
sounds yum! thx for the suggestion. i have a blender now but for this one i went with the totally manual method of using the potato ricer to make a puree... it just seemed the right way to do it for this one.

a more appealing looking pea soup might be to simmer peas until just tender, blend very fine, and then reheat and finish with butter or cream or whatnot. the color would be a bright green still. cooking them until totally mushy takes the color out. but i was following an old recipe.
>>
>>4218817
Yea tbh pea soups green color is kind of what makes it look groos imho. But it still tastes good, and just so you know no blender is needed for butternut squash it falls apart as it cooks
>>
>>4217953
thats a lot of food
>>
>>4218834
lolo is american
>>
>>4218834
probably a fast food hamburger with fries has more calories than that total. i also tend to eat one big meal a day and any snacking is just like some plain yogurt or cottage cheese usually. i don't think i'm overeating. am i?

>>4218844
>44
nice dubs!
>>
>>4217897
Hello Anon,

Are you a Slav (Someone from the Slavic Nation)?

Regards,
Slavic Anon

P.S. That food looks pretty good.
>>
>>4219040
umm. no sorry! thanks tho!
>>
File: loloasananime.png (242KB, 455x600px) Image search: [Google]
loloasananime.png
242KB, 455x600px
>>4217897
I'm reminded of the scene from the exorcist.

You know the one.
>>
hi LoLo
>>
>>4219107
hi Oracle
>>
^ let the circlejerk begin
>>
>>4219106
*begrudgingly gives u a shout out*
>>
File: 1438082581466.jpg (70KB, 618x564px) Image search: [Google]
1438082581466.jpg
70KB, 618x564px
>>4219136
DON'T DO ME NO FAVORS
>>
>>4217897
looks like canned shite mate.
canned shite with shite bread too mate.
stankin up the house with yer sewerwater mate.
dang. talkin about half pound of butter with a pat of butter on top of your nasty-ass thick-ass lookin soup u frickin pig. i got something coincid-lentily similar simmerin in the crock pot and its smellin feelin F R E S C H rite about now. unlike this. dang how u make fresh ingredients lookin all dull & bad & junk, shame on u.
>>
i had to take care of something.. took me a bit.
>>4219206
WOW it took u a while for u to show up!
>mate
lol r u british now???
>half pound of butter
that is the original recipe with two quarts of peas. i used about two and a half cups so i scaled the butter down to 2 tbsp total (one for the leeks and one in the mashed peas)
u would know this if u could read.
>coincid-lentily similar simmerin
post it pls?
>>
I don't get this meme. Why does LoLo constantly make food that looks like diarrhea and then take pictures of it?? How is diarrhea food a meme???
>>
>>4219352
stop bully!
i said earlier in the thread, the mashed peas lost a lot of color WHICH THEY NEEDED TO COOK DOWN THAT MUCH TO BE MANUALLY PUREED WITH A RICER (or a sieve and spoon as the recipe suggested)

now there is a way to make the peas stay a bright green! cook them just tender, until they're a nice green, shock them in ice water (this sets the color) then use a blender to make a puree, then reheat that puree in the cooking liquid...
i think i'll do it that way next time i make this. i can still do the half mashed half whole thing if i feel like it.
>>
mashed peas are literally fedora-tier vegetables
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.