[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how would one embrace nihilism? post ideas. >in the end,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1505100481609.jpg (31KB, 462x410px) Image search: [Google]
1505100481609.jpg
31KB, 462x410px
how would one embrace nihilism? post ideas.
>in the end, nothing matters, so i can better myself any way i want.
>>
File: rusttttt.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rusttttt.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
nihilism is the ash that the existential pheonix rises from. You must burn down all societal norms, vestigal morality and untested beliefs through constant questioning. eventually nothing is left. that is where you begin. you can start to actually become your own person with your own thoughts and convictions when you realize that nothing matters. you can arrive at that correct conclusion and be a piece of shit, and realize you're a piece of shit - or you can begin to actually stand for something
>>
It occoured to me today that due to the fact that everyone has a different life, everyone has a different worldview. Therefore, no two people can possibly agree on anything completely.

So why fight with people when you can acknowledge that they have different experiences, and then move on.

This has brought me great peace.
>>
>>39663727
>this is what the depressed nihilist tells himself not realizing his personal beliefs are little more then a pathological thought process of a diseased mind
>>
>>39663791
>being analytical and questioning reality is a mental illness
Wowee anon.
>>
>>39663791
acknowledge that I am "rotten flesh falling off of disintegrating bones" but unless you're ready to pull the trigger there isn't any other way. I believe what you say is true but why should I be miserable when I don't have to be? You can admit that everything is man-made horseshit but for some reason, biological or behavioral, some ideas and opinions stick with you and mean something to you, at least for a while.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-11-00-17-00-1.png (212KB, 719x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-11-00-17-00-1.png
212KB, 719x1050px
>>39663791
>>39663835
from a thread on reddit. i think it's interesting.
>>
I dunno. It's easy to say nothing matters. But what does it mean for something to matter anyway? Sure, humanity is a flash in the pan on an insignificant dust mote in the universe. But to say something matter implies a cause and effect, and in this case you're thinking on a scale that is functionally irrelevant to our experience on this gay earth. The universe is just a frame of reference. You could say nothing matters because we all eventually cease to exist along with (our subjective) reality. But death is amother frame of reference that doesn't concern us, because we don't exist in it. When you shift your frame of reference to a human level, be it global, national, interpersonal, suddenly things do matter. Does it matter whether whether your family can provide for themselves after you commit suicide? In terms of the geological lifespan of the Earth, well, no. But it has immediate consequences for them in the present. It really just comes down to "don't think about it," it being your inevitable death, because it doesn't matter. Just focus on enjoying what little time you have left and making a comfortable existence for yourself and others, if possible. Seek therapy for your depression, because it's only getting in the way of that goal.
>>
>>39663791
Watch this anon attack nihilism with feeble Bible quotes.
What sucks about nihilism is that it's so painfully true. I wish it were just some school of thought.
>>39663727
The problem of staring at your abyss is that some of us are paralyzed and can't ever move from it.
>>
>>39663669
In regards to pic related... that's a fucking smiths lyric
>>
just saiyan nihilism is not a symptom of depression or vice versa
>>
>>39663669
Look towards Stirner's egoism, and then look into eastern philosophies, particularly the Vedas. You might also want to read Camus as well, absurdism > nihilsm
>>
>>39664525
It's entirely your choice to be paralyzed
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.