[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I hate this game with such a blind fury? For some reason,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: BreathoftheWildFinalCover.jpg (124KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
BreathoftheWildFinalCover.jpg
124KB, 250x350px
Why do I hate this game with such a blind fury? For some reason, just thinking about it sends me into a rage. I hate this game so fucking much.
>>
I enjoyed it. What's so awful about it?
>>
What didn't you like about it?

Also what's your favorite Zelda game?
>>
>>39659963
Because you need linear corridors and handholding

also >>>/v/
>>
>>39659963
Same. I can't stand open world games or breakable weapons.

>14 fucking captchas
>>
>>39659999
Holy fuck quads. Also I have like 150 hours in that game and I haven't put it down since release. help me
>>
>>39659963
you dont hate the game. You hate the praise it gets. You think its overrated.

I liked it a lot personally. Did you play it OP?
>>
>used to love Zelda passionately
>played all the games
>can't bring myself to care about this game
>don't feel like getting new game console or playing this game at all
>>
>>39660019
well i don't want pesky puzzles and bad level design.

what game is more up my ally?

>inb4 skyrim

the fags at /v/ will never accept any criticism of their precious zelda games
>>
>>39659999

It annoys me how everyone treats this game as so revolutionary and advanced just because it has a neat - but not that neat - physics enging. People always post dumb webms of being able to exploit the game engine, as proof of how great it is, but you could exploit game engines for decades. It's nothing new and yet people act as if this game is wildly revolutionary.

I also think it has one of the worst designs of any open world. It feels like a test environment and not an actual place. The shrines are the opposite of immersive, they are self-contained areas with no connection to the outside world. The ridiculous among of abilities and items is not fun, its tedious and boring. Also, to be a bit more shallow, the game looks atrociously ugly and I don't understand why people are jacking off to the graphics. It looks like shit.

Favorite Zelda? Zelda 1. Funny since BotW was trying to have a similar feeling but fails miserably. It just drives me crazy how people give this game so much undue praise.
>>
All the Zelda games are the same shit, and they're for children.
>>
>It annoys me how everyone treats this game as so revolutionary and advanced just because it has a neat - but not that neat - physics enging.
probably one of if not the best open world physics engine ever. Theres a lot that is possible. So the praise for that is justified in my opinion. "Not that neat" doesnt describe it at all.

>People always post dumb webms of being able to exploit the game engine, as proof of how great it is, but you could exploit game engines for decades. It's nothing new and yet people act as if this game is wildly revolutionary.
This is mostly about the little cool things of the game that the devs thought of. Also that part of the game IS very impressive so thats why people post the webms.

>I also think it has one of the worst designs of any open world. It feels like a test environment and not an actual place.
i disagree. The world is great for exploration with a lot of variation. It isnt filled with that much stuff though, which sucks.

>The shrines are the opposite of immersive, they are self-contained areas with no connection to the outside world.
Yes they suck. They could at least have made themed ones or ones that have unique bosses maybe. Some puzzles are very cool but they are too short 99% of the time and i wish they would have had way lesser but bigger ones.

>The ridiculous among of abilities and items is not fun, its tedious and boring.
What do you mean? Do you mean the modules? Because i thought there were a little too few of them. I think there are like 4 total if you exclude stuff like camera.

>Also, to be a bit more shallow, the game looks atrociously ugly and I don't understand why people are jacking off to the graphics. It looks like shit.
completely subjective. On Wii U it looks objectively shit because of the low render distance. You probably dislike cell-shading? I thought it looked good.

not trying to defend MUH BEST GAME EVER 6/5 just saying that i dont see your points really
>>
>>39660166
The physics in BotW deserve all the praise it gets.
The interaction between objects is unlike anything we've seen in other games. Wood catches on fire. Fire creates updrafts. Water puts fire out. Metal conducts electricity. The fact that objects interact just as they would IRL is amazing. The fact you don't recognize this means you don't know shit about video games.

Also Zelda 1 is dogshit. Fucking nostlgiafags. Link to the Past is where Zelda hit it's 2D peak.
>>
File: 1498426974679.jpg (128KB, 713x767px) Image search: [Google]
1498426974679.jpg
128KB, 713x767px
>Why do I hate this game with such a blind fury?
Because it looks like complete trash while Nintendo is still charging full price while Nintenyearolds defend it.
>>
you can emulate this game for free you know
>>
looks like garbage in an era where it doesn't have to under the guise of "art style".

Zelda can get away with it because those Japs spoon feed their children fans pure shit anyway.
>>
>>39660166
you hate the hypothetical botw fan you've invented in your mind in order to find an excuse to hate something that is popular

botw has excellent graphics(certainly in comparison to zelda 1, a game you like), a huge, open world to explore, and is full of fine details that lift.my heart when i notice them. the only negative aspect that i have identified is that it was only released on the switch and wii u, neither of which are capable at running it at a consistent 60fps
>>
honestly i've become so disinterested in vidya recently.
the realization makes me depressed because i used to have much more passion towards it.
the only one i rly liked so far this year was P5..now i can muster motivation to play some fighting games.
but even then that's no fun, i've got no friends to play against me.
anyways yeah BotW was mediocre.
>>
>>39660019
This board doesn't have restrictions against video game threads faggot
>>
I loved it and spent tons of hours with it but funnily enough never finished it. There's only a handful of shrines and quests left, done all the memory things, most armour sets. I wonder why I didn't finish it? Should probably go back and do that.
>>
File: 1499181841455.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499181841455.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>39659963
I played it for a good 30 hours then dropped it, here's my problems I encountered:

>Game does not handle sequence breaking well at all, going to any of the cities out of order causes weird cutscenes
>Enemy variety is awful
>Inventory management is so fucking frustrating
>Likewise, using cooked meals is a terribly easy way to exploit the game, physics included
>Game sometimes does not register teleporting between different terrains
>There aren't nearly enough unique events outside of all the fucking overworld boss fights, enemy camps, or korok puzzles
>Game literally struggles to perform when there's too many enemies on the screen in certain areas of the map
>It is extremely fucking easy to get inside Hyrule Castle, get a bunch of end game weapons, and steamroll the game
>Some shrines straight up just give you a chest to open, and walk up a flight of stairs
>Sometimes the game won't register you being in different terrains, and will kill you even if you have the right armor
>Dying certain ways causes the game to slow down and sometimes freeze up
>There are massive portions of the open world map where there is absolutely nothing to do or find, outside of some enemies and maybe some ore
>You can only store 3 weapons, 3 shields, and 3 bows in your house, dropping any weapons on your ground, then walking off and getting an autosave usually deletes your weapons
>The terrain in some of the larger areas is completely fucked, giving it weird properties that can easily get you killed

I personally ran into a shit ton of bugs, so I can't fathom why this game got 10/10 reviews. There are so many problems with this game that start appearing if you play it for more than 2 hours.
>>
>>39661909
I've never experienced or heard of any the terrain bugs you encountered, but it sounds lousy
>>
It was my favourite 3d Zelda I think, the only other one that comes close is Wind Waker
>>
>>39662059
Maybe it's just the switch version, I don't know.
>>
>>39662134
I did play the switch version for over 100 hours, I'm trying to think back to any major bugs but I cannot recall
Did you do digital download? Mine was a cartridge
>>
>>39661909
I have no idea what you mean by sequence breaking and cutscenes, how are they weird?
>>
>>39660166
>letting the opinions of others effect your perception
What the fuck are you doing, you sound salty as a result.
>>
I really enjoyed running around in that sandbox, but I don't think I'll ever complete the story. I didn't feel much motivation to play beyond exploring the very dramatic virtual landscape. The game was fun to travel in.
(I wanted to dream of gliding and climbing, but I never did find the flarn to Kakariko Village. Hehe.)
>>
>>39662226
No, I have a cartridge.
Also you can experience that mostly if you shift between two terrain types too much. Like the Gerudo mountains being cold or normal, or like flying in and out of goron mountain's heat range too many times
>>39662252
Good example, I was fucking around and accidentally found the zoras who would say shit like "Prince Sidon is on that bridge, go talk to him" then I decided, fuck that and climbed the mountain that's behind the village using cooked meals and the climbing gear.
Got down to the zora place, and talked to the king only to have Sidon magically fucking warp there.
>>
>>39662332
That doesn't sound like it was poorly handled
Why wouldn't sidon go back if you were there?
>>
>>39659963
I don't particularly care either way as I haven't given much of a shit about Zelda since TP for the GameCube, but the eternal dicksucking this gets is unparalleled, which shouldn't be surprising knowing Nintendo fanboys. For gods sake it's a borderline Skyrim clone with Zelda paint slapped on it, and while it has some nice stuff it doesn't justify spending full price plus a $400 console that doesn't even have anything on it as well as only having 32gb of internal storage.
>>
>>39660166
There are other games that did what BoTW did but better, and every time you bring it up on /v/, some drone gets absolutely assblasted.
BoTW isn't bad, but there's a lot of problems with it that people just like to conveniently ignore because it's their first open world game
>>
File: my review.png (108KB, 741x1145px) Image search: [Google]
my review.png
108KB, 741x1145px
Open world games are inherently flawed. The bigger the world, the more content you need to fill the world. The more content you need, the more resources you need. The problem is, resources are not infinite, so by adopting the open world formula you're actually consciously making your game worse. You are forced to spread your resources thinner, rather than building a small, but in depth play area. So how do you deal with this problem? Copy pasted content is the usual solution. In the end, this results in a bland samey game that gradually becomes more unsatisfying as you play. That being said, BoTW has it's own unique problems, which I wrote in this review here.
>>
>>39662374
Not that anon but I really dislike how they handled the Sidon sequence, the whole point of the open-world design is supposed to be that you take on anything in any order, method, etc, and yet it's just objectively better to follow the linear sequence because you get more cutscenes and character development.

If you accidentally wander into Zora's Domain not knowing about the sequence you basically skip out on 75% of Sidon's screen time and never get to know his personality.
>>
>>39662653

nice, saved, you are smart
>>
>>39662653
I think the problem is more that they're extremely time consuming and expensive to develop, so either they try to loophole around it and create Ubisoft garbage or it becomes like BotW where they spread out content to give the illusion of much to do.

Imagine if every one of the minibosses was a unique enemy, there were 6 instead of 3 "main" enemies, there were 8 Divine Beasts and each one had a unique dungeon layout, the story was more fleshed out and the world felt more lived in, the shrines were actually all unique and challenging (no gift and damage sponge battle ones), they put more time in making the game look good (themed shrines, no copy-pasted ruins, each barn has a unique design), they added items like the hookshot and spinner, combat more fleshed out, more unique weapons, etc etc. It can be done, but it's just not feasible in any fucking way
>>
>>39662832
>I think the problem is more that they're extremely time consuming and expensive to develop
That is exactly what "more resources" means. How did you not get that? Time, money, manpower, even creativity becomes a resource at that point. Obviously creativity isn't "really" a resource, but when you consider that you now have to make something interesting for 1000 square miles rather than 100, that's 10 times more creativity. Make sense?
>>
>>39659963
I enjoyed every second of the game because I didn't read others reviews before playing. I also changed up my playing style to three hearts only the second playthrough.

Sounds to me like you haven't formed your own opinion on the game, but have taken others. A common mistake among the gaming community, or rather community as a whole.
>>
>>39662949
>mfw doing evantide island with 3 hearts
Fucking hell.

Also good luck doing any of the test of strength shrines, for that matter. I can't force myself to replay BoTW, it takes way too fucking long to feel any sense of progression, and even then it's extremely easy to skip to end game weapons/bows/shields
>>
File: 6501239_p0.jpg (110KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6501239_p0.jpg
110KB, 750x1000px
>>39660166
>>39659963
Whaaat who would have thoooought, stupid normies say stupid shit woooow.
It's like they don't really even have their own opinion and just jump on bandwagons whaaat, how straaaaange.
>>
>>39662598
>it's their first open world game
You sure about that? Bethesda has been making normie games for years now.
>>
>>39662653
That's why only MMORPGSs should be designed as open worlds. Players/people are great at generating content + you can just patch and patch some more.
Single Player games are mostly dead as a result of every game designer ever missing the point desu.
>>
>>39663382
Too bad most mmo devs have no idea what they're doing.
>we've got all of this open land
>I know!
>let's add more land instead of putting content in the available space to incentivize people to revisit i
>>
>>39661007
The physics are tied to fps anyway
>>
>>39662660
Thats because the game disuades you from doing what you did by making it rain AND having a large cliff around the domain. Also what are you talking about in your first paragraph? If it's about the temperature if there is no ice/snow/sand the temperature is determined by the altitude.
>>
Because Zelda finally got jewed by the Skyrim meme just like every other big series.
>>
>>39660480
only worthy comment itt
>>
>>39659963
That's too bad, it's absolute gold from a designer's-perspective. Analyzing this game's design makes me diamonds.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.