[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here got over fear of rejection? How do you actually

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1501911279363.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1501911279363.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
Anyone here got over fear of rejection?

How do you actually ask someone out, even if all the signs are positive? If you take the time to build up a good friendship with a girl and then ask her out and she turns it down, how does that not completely taint the friendship and make everything that follows incredibly awkward?
>>
Not necessarily, but the friendship was tainted to begin with unless you honestly and sincerely are okay with just being friends with her. Otherwise you are just strategizing to fuck her.
>>
>>39656484
Get exposed to enough rejection that it becomes benign. Also have another part of your life you value, so being rejected won't be the be all end all to your sense of worth.

>building a friendship to ask someone out

That's just about the worst way to go about it for the average chanposter.

And if you're harboring feelings for someone, there's no real viable friendship to be had. Just a future nice guy tantrum about the friendzone, authored by you.
>>
>>39656484
>>39656553
Don't listen to this dumbass, opie. Here's some friendly advice from a failed normie.
>Slowly escalate things to the next step, starting off small
>"you look good today."
>"I like those pants."
If she gives good feedback, escalate it further
>nudge her playfully im laughter when she tells a good joke
>tell her that she look REALLY good in that outfit
Now if she responds well, you say
>"We should go on a date sometime, haha."
Wallah, you have a girlfriend.
>>
>>39656649
But how else can you go about getting a girl other than

>building a friendship to ask someone out

Serious question. I'm not very attractive, so if I just go up to someone I'll probably just get rejected. The only way someone would go out with me is if they somehow found my personality enjoyable enough to overlook my appearance.
>>
>>39656763
What specific part of my post did you disagree with? I agree with your approach, you should be trying to fuck girls, not become close "platonic" friends with plans to make a jump to a relationship. I just responded to OP's last question
>>
>>39656763
then she's gonna think the only reason you like her is bc of her looks
>>
>>39656778
I'm not saying don't be friendly, just that starting a relationship as platonic and then trying to upgrade it into romantic is bad strategy, and often backfires. You can still show your personality and get someone to like you while trying to court someone, I can't rely on looks either.

And personality aside, there needs to be a minimum level of attraction or tolerance, meaning they need to be willing to see you as a potential partner (i.e: can I stomach fucking/dating this person). Plenty of people will befriend others that fail this criteria, but nothing further.

And you will get rejected, multiple times. Just the nature of the game.
>>
>>39656862
That's literally all women want though, if they're confident it's almost always in terms of their personality. They figure, if they can flaunt their looks as best they can and attract the guy they want, their personality will do the talking on its own.
>>
>>39656843
You say the relationship is tainted if you have intentions to fuck, but that's normal behavior.

>>39656862
Looks like you fell for the "women don't like sex" meme. Either they think you're a creep or they're pretending not to like it because they don't want to be labeled whores.
>>
>>39656484
learn to believe its not your fault and force yourself to hate.
hate women and when they reject you it only reaffirm your belief. you should be alone if they don't want to.
her loss, she'll date chads until she's nearing 30 then she'll find some cuck or kill herself from loneliness.
>>
>>39656778
i'm currently trying tinder for that. got zero matches on my actual pic so i took one at work when i wore all my safety gear and became unrecognizable. deleted my profile and tried again with the new pic, lowered my standards slightly and don't bother with the obvious bitches who'll only beat my self esteem at some point. gotten a few matches, only got the hard part left now.
>>
>>39656484
I don't really fear it per se; I just don't want to deal with the social fallout and gossip. The only way to avoid this is to ask a stranger, but there are too many sensitive psychos these days to be doing that.

>Otherwise you are just strategizing to fuck her.

A major reason why I always avoided the advances of my female friends in the past. It was hurtful to my self-image that anyone would think I was doing that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.