[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 years old, mom told me to visit the therapist because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1492812109436.jpg (38KB, 343x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492812109436.jpg
38KB, 343x600px
>25 years old, mom told me to visit the therapist because of depression
>Ok, I decided to tell him some parts of my life
>After that he rudely said that I'm strange onanist and I should visit gym (I'm not fat)
>I also said that I won't work (but I have some real own savings) and invested in crypto.
>After that he told a long lecture that I will be in jail soon.

I'm feeling that I just wasted my money, guys
>>
>>39643396
yeah you did, this fucker is a joke to be honest. Therapists are people, some people really suck at their job and some are great. Try to find one at least around your age group.

>hit jackpot with masters intern
>super qt, helped with my autism towards speaking with women
>we're both nerdy and spent time talking about random shit
>when I was the topic, she listened well
>gave meaningful insight on my issues and encouragement to the part of me that didnt want to die.
>figured out I had issues with talking with women yet never brought it up
>only asked about it on our last session, said she was too polite to make it an issue
>eventually she transferred out of shitty county hell into a better job
>last therapist I saw
>genuinely can have conversations with women now because of her

good luck
>>
dont worry op, the difference between what is right and wrong is through one's image in society. if you somehow get rich off crypto, then what you've been doing is right. but for the mean time, since you haven't risen, your actions are inherently "wrong".
in the end its better to focus on yourself.
>>
>>39643461
Thank you for the advice, I wonder if female or male therapist is better. Or maybe it's just a personality problem? Because with this guy we have some contradictory thoughts. Maybe that's the main problem.
>>
>>39643396
He was probably just joking, and you probably have autism.
>>
>>39643526
Not him but females in my personal experience are better in that.
You really need someone to talk you emptions and pay attention to detail to your problems, females are great at that, bonus if qt.
Men are great at logic and fast conclusions, but chances are you already know you are fucked and what you have and you just need someone to listen to it.
>>
>>39643396
Same here spend 400 bucks on this 15 week depression therapy.
> Told my story to the therapist although I'm barely able to
> She thought it was a good idea to join group sessions because I'm social anxious
> Anxious during sessions, don't dare to talk, not able to express myself
> Excercises are as lame as it gets, dont fix any problems
> Gives me a document saying I'm cured and made great progression
> Lost all faith
>>
>>39643526
>>39643577
There are also great male therapists out there, kind of 'fatherly' but more empathic and intellectual. Depends a lot on you too I guess, if your image of a man is set in the way that he can't be empathic, you probably won't feel comfortable opening up to one, regardless of your therapist. For me a female therapist was out of question because I have serious mother issues and could never open up to one, so I might be biased, but I still think another man can understand you slightly better than a woman might. Considering OP's first shitty experience your main focus should probably be just finding an acceptable therapist at all, though. Helped me a lot in the long term, even though you can't expect a life changing effect after a few weeks or even months.
>>
>>39643667
Don't loose faith in yourself, anon, we will make it.
>>
>>39643396
>the therapist
Which one? How did you find this guy? Is he just the only therapist around? Maybe you should go by recommendations or online reviews or something.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.