[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get success. How do some get it while others don't?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1496974303573.jpg (103KB, 776x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496974303573.jpg
103KB, 776x1024px
I don't get success. How do some get it while others don't? Why is it harder for some than others? What even is it?

Plenty of famous and successful people in history started out essentially where we are right now. Yet, they had something that propelled them above other people and they became something more than just another loser. What is that thing?
>>
>>39639720
It's called motivation and drive to be rich and famous.
>>
>>39639733
I just don't get motivation then... I think.
Nothing I want to do is something that I'm willing to move out of my comfort zone for. There's so many challenges, and failure scares me out of pursuing anything. I hate feeling like a coward. I just want my drive, my thing to be motivated for... but I've never really felt that.
>>
>>39639720
Most successful people are essentially just lucky.
>>
>>39639720
Who is this character and why does she make my penis feel so strange?
>>
>>39639720
From my cursory studies of successful people I think it boils down to persistence. They don't get freaked out when they fail. They don't even notice it; they just keep going.
>>
Throughout history, plain curiosity moved many.

There's a movie called Waking Life with a line about this. It goes something along the lines of:

"the difference between the average human and men like Nietzsche or Plato ir greater than that of this average man and the chimpanze. All our technology has got us to nothing much more than a 'super-chimpanzee' level. Why so few? Why is not history a story about continuous success instead of this endless summation of zeroes? then I ask you: what is the most universal human characteristic: fear, or lazyness?"

See, OP. Motivation is something that has to be done despite all the possible undesired outcomes. To not allow oneself to fail is to totally fail. There's this vlogger here in my country who said something along the lines of "it's better to fail at everything than not even trying and allowing oneself to be a total failure".

If you want it, just do it man. It will take time. You might fail every too often, but you just gotta keep moving forward.

Besides, comfort won't render you anything but mediocrity.
>>
File: Feels_good_man.jpg (12KB, 200x217px) Image search: [Google]
Feels_good_man.jpg
12KB, 200x217px
>>39640141
Wow....
What a great post, anon. I don't think that fixed everything but, it did help.
Any other movied or other stuff I should watch?
>>
>>39640375
I watched Mr. Nobody and Waking Life around the same time in my life, and it fit perfectly. Mr Nobody is more about choices and love life, but it still hit me deep.

Waking Life, I still watch it every now and then.

There are several philosophies out there regarding that subject among other things. Daoism is the one I cater to, but there are many others.

Ascetism is a good practice, but well, I think that varies from person to person

Anyway, I think it's your hands from now on, mate. Enjoy your trip.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.