/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I apply to McDonald's Graduated in may, 19 and i've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1504894025843.jpg (42KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1504894025843.jpg
42KB, 900x675px
Should I apply to McDonald's
Graduated in may, 19 and i've never had a job. It's walking distance from were i live
>>
Seconding this post.
Fucking retard who dropped out a long time ago, also 19. It's this or Autismbux and the rules make it too hard to live properly on Autismbux.
>>
try to get the cooking part
>>
Having a job is a mandatory life experience. Go for it. Mcdonalds is quite hard though, you have to deal with a lot of scumbags.
>>
>>39638634
>19 and i've never had a job.
You are already fucked, no one wants to hire someone your age that has no prior work experience
If you didn't start your first job by 16 at the latest then every single employer is going to pass you over for someone else with more experience
>>
No. Simply put I worked fast food and it is shit. At times it can be a good experience. Certain shifts I worked with normies who teach good skills/do not bitch when you mess up. They correct you in a respectful manner. When you need to be pushed they will do it. Other bosses only yell and are fags. They will show stuff in a shit way. They want everything done by the book. A restaurant can't run if boss is hovering 24/7. McCuckholds will drain you and sometimes piss you off. Being the burger cuckpital of U.S. They will stay busy as fuck. I would look for other places first. Maybe stop in and ask non manager what its like working there. Look at colleges for student jobs if you are still going.
>>
I used to work with a guy who started at mcdonalds as a teenager. He stayed there a few years and worked up to store manager and then got into the corporate side of the company and worked in operations. He did pretty good for himself. I'd say go for it because its at least better than nothing.
>>
>>39638796
I got my first job the day after I graduated highschool at almost 18
>>
Anywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.
>>
Isn't there something else within walking distance? I applied to McDonalds and ended up working somewhere else. I wasn't happy with the way they treated me during the interview and thought "fuck, you would have to be really desperate to do this with so many other places hiring."

Simply put they will treat you like shit unless you show a willingness to treat your peers like shit. That's what they really value, people who want to become managers. Most corporate chain places are like this nowadays including the regional ones but when you're in a fast food environment it's especially toxic. They are going to expect you to do things fast and if you can't deliver or you somehow fuck up you're going to get yelled at. If constant stress and shit wages sound like your idea of a good time go ahead and sign up. If you're a sociopathic social climber who thinks that making a few dollars more managing a fast food restaurant sounds like your idealized version of your future go ahead with that as well. Or you could go work someplace better. You'll probably make more money in the short term doing so too. I did.
>>
>>39638634

Anything related to food is going to be a shitty job senpai. I'd recommend starting out in retail if there's a chain clothing store or w/e near you. It'll be super monotonous and you won't get many hours, but at least it's easy work

I worked at domino's back when I was in college. I was a delivery driver for 4 years, and I sometimes ran shifts when one of the managers wanted to take off. Being a delivery driver sucked because I had to still deal with irate customers, but working inside was as close to hell as it got. I never left the make line on weekends as a manager because of the high demand of orders we received.

I have worked since I was 10-11 (legally since I was 16), and retail has been the easiest work I have ever had to do... I lived in a small city, granted, so if you live in a bigger metro area it may be shit also
>>
What about pumping gas? Gas stations all around me are hiring and it's a really easy job.
>>
>>39639098

Some states actually let you pump your own gas. I'm guessing you're from NJ?
>>
>>39639118
Oregon actually. I was raised in Virginia but now that I'm here I want to take advantage of gas companies hiring gas pumpers.
>>
>>39639072
There's a taco bell, Save -a -lot, two thrift stores ,quick trip, hyvee, pizza street
>>
I mean, there are better jobs than McDonalds but if that's your only option. Did you graduate high school or technical school (assuming you don't have a 4 year degree). Honestly get a job at a grocery store. They usually pay well above min wage and they're easy as fuck.
>>
>>39639374
I'd try Save a lot or Hyvee. I'm biased because I work at a grocery store (Meijer)

I'm a cashier. If you're not comfortable dealing with people being one of the cart pusher guys would be a good job for you.
>>
>>39639118
Wait what the fuck? I didn't know gas pumpers were even a thing anymore. I thought all gas stations became self pump like 30 years ago.
>>
>>39638796
This depends on the area you live. In areas with lots of workers, companies can be selective. I know of areas where you can literally walk in, say you want a job, and start the next day.
>>
>>39638634
McDonalds is pretty much the lowest of the low. I mean if it's your only option, go for it as you have to start somewhere. But there's really not much good to say about it. Shit pay, tiring work, having to deal with a ton of scumbags as coworkers and customers, and everyone will look down upon you once you tell them you work there. Is there any retail or customer service jobs by you instead?
>>
>>39638634
Why not just lie and say that you've worked somewhere before.

You're applying to Mcdonald's, not Mckinsey.
>>
>>39638796
I just got a job at walmart a month ago and I'm 19.
>>
I've worked a lot of crappy jobs op

Become a lifeguard. It's better money and the job is actually pretty sweet if you have some decent coworkers to talk to and don't work at a busy pool.

My last pool was almost always empty and I worked every day with a qt thiic grill. She was really chill and I got to watch ass jiggle in her one piece everyday.

I really miss her desu
>>
Honestly, what's the worst that could happen? Not much. A job that means little to you is empowering, in many ways. You could walk out if you wanted, but you don't because of your own drive.

That said, you may be able to shoot higher. When I was 19, I got a job in a factory and eventually ran part of the night shift, off no previous job experience. Don't tell yourself you can't do that shit because if I can, you sure as shit can too.
>>
>>39640739
You sound just like an entitled boomer who's had everything handed to them in life FUCK OFF
>>
>>39640774
Nigger, that was this year. I'm 19 right now.
>>
>>39639374
Currently working at hyvee OP, go for that. They'll probably start you out on checking or courtesy.
>>
>>39638634
Don't listen this cunt >>39638796 OP.

I got my first job at 18 and I can tell you for sure that it helps. How do you expect to start a career in something you actually like if you've never experienced a job, even if it's as mundane as fast food work.
>>
>>39638796
had my first job at 20, i get the joke tho.
>>
>>39639468
NJ and oregon both still have full service only stations.

its fucking stupid. get with the times, dipshit.

apperently any time they try and introduce new laws about self service, people bitch and whine about how nobody will know how to do it. fucking stupid. its not like all full service stations would immediately switch to self service

god this pisses me the fuck off
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.