[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your opinion, what is the /comfiest/ U.S. state to live in?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: states.gif (22KB, 505x324px) Image search: [Google]
states.gif
22KB, 505x324px
In your opinion, what is the /comfiest/ U.S. state to live in?

Factors to take into consideration:
>cost of living
>population density (NYC would not be /comfy/ in my books, for example)
>job opportunities (or disability benefits if you're a NEET)
>etc.

For me it'd be Arkansas (only the Northwest part, specifically Fayetteville and Bentonville)
>The cost of living is immaculate. I paid ~300 per month (including utilities) with one roommate at a fully-loaded apartment in Fayetteville (since Bentonville is full of Wal-mart executives the renting up there was marginally higher)
>Wal-Mart's HQ is in Bentonville, and is currently hiring for many business /STEM positions
>Tyson, JB Hunt, and the flagship university for Arkansas are also all in this area, with many opportunities for employment at these places
>If you're just wanting to wagecuck and live modestly, Fayetteville always has jobs for unskilled workers available (including uber and lyft, both which got me through college and still gave me enough spare money to get all of the vidya I wanted)
>Has many big city amenities (along with a great craft beer scene, world-class farmers market and co-op store, and even a niche vinyl store if you're a pretentious hipster like me) with a small town feel
>If you're really wanting to live the reclusive lifestyle the Farmington/Prairie Grove area has an extremely small town feel with only a 20-25 minute commute to downtown Fayetteville
>Nestled right in the Ozarks (a hilly, forested area around AR/MO/OK), with many rental duplexes/apartments next to /comfy/ woods for quiet, solitary living
>Has a world-class trail system with paved two-lane trails that makes road biking an extremely fun hobby during the summer/fall/spring (albeit winters can sometimes be brutal due to the high elevation)

I currently live in the Northeast and it just isn't the same for me.
>>
>>39637610
Tennessee is the comfiest state, followed by Montana
>>
I think Washington. Just live in the suburbs. You got a world class city, one of a kind nature scenery, near the ocean, and it's always raining
>>
>>39637610
>population density (NYC would not be /comfy/ in my books, for example)
Fool
Having so many people around you makes it super easy to blend in.
Also you can go out at night for food when no ones around, but stores are still open
>>
New England is pretty comfy if you like to have hot summers and cold winters with everything in between (fall is the best season here).

The cost of living isn't so bad the more north you go, and there's plenty of well paying jobs and very good education in Mass. and Conn. especially.

Colonial housing with large yards and unplanned suburban neighborhoods with lots of wooded area in between everything just looks really nice.
>>
>>39637712

This is a really moot point. The motto is "the city that never sleeps'. I went up there for vacation back in 2009 and had an anxiety attack with all of the people around (granted I have MAD)
>>
Least comfy states (in no specific order)
Maryland
Illinois
New Jersey
Rhode Island
Connecticut
Massachusetts
Alaska
Hawaii
Iowa
Minnesota
>>
File: femme-armée-36476276.jpg (86KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
femme-armée-36476276.jpg
86KB, 1300x957px
>>39637610
How about you overdose in a Fagfrancisco drug house you dumb hippie cunt, stay the fuck away from us because we dont like you
I live in north texas and all of the people from out of the state are from california, we have enough of you, fuck off were full
>>
>>39637815
i know you said you were from the north east, i was implying we dont want faggy shitstains like yourself
>>
File: IMG_2190.jpg (49KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2190.jpg
49KB, 800x530px
>>39637815
EN GUARDE THOT
>>
>>39637610
Planning on moving to a /comfy/ state after I can become financially independent, looking at rural New Hampshire.
>no people
>freest state in the union
>interesting and mountainous terrain
>continental climate ensures all /comfy/ seasons
>majority white
There are other places that are good competition, but no other state has all of those things at once. Competition, in order of most to least comfy, includes:
>rural Montana
>rural North Dakota
>rural Minnesota

Currently live in California, which is probably the least comfiest place I've ever been in.
>>
>>39637791
Why is Alaska not comfy?
I heard it's a really robot friendly state.
>>
>>39637884
Ignore that retard, he has bad tastes.
>>
I've always had a certain fascination for dixie (New Orleans or somewhere lost in the South Carolina countryside), but my blood is too thick for that shit. So I'd go with Montana. Cool temperature, zero niggers, beautiful landscapes.
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 1024x685px
Northern New Hampshire during Autumn. I've never seen a more beautiful place. Sad that it's so expensive to live there.
>>
>>39637610
Personally i think TN.
As long as youre white though, we dont really like darkies in my town
>>
>>39638000
maybe i could change that with respect and hard work
>>
Washington
Maine
mountainous part of Tennessee
unironically California
>>
>>39637610
Like I would tell you so it can fill up with people and go to shit. All I will say is it's on the east coast and we use the word masshole a lot.
>>
>>39637740

Can somewhat agree with this. I liked Burlington VT quite a bit when I traveled through there with a buddy during winter break, and I loved the homey feel it had. I cannot tolerate cold winters, though. Half of my family is from NJ (yeah ik ik not technically New England) and visiting them during the holidays was enough to turn me off to permanently settling in the Northeast. I unfortunately had to relocate to Massachusetts for a job and I hate it so far desu

>>39637859

You'd be surprised how decent Northwest Arkansas is. It's a pretty diverse area, granted (college town) but it's still predominantly Caucasian and has surprisingly little white trash because of being an area that headquarters 4 fortune 500 companies. If you're bona fide redpilled and alt-right like >>39637815 then NH (probably either Nashua or Salem unless you're really self-sufficient) isn't a half bad option.

also no I'm not shilling. I'm from the DFW area and was flabbergasted at how decent NWA was considering the bad rep that Arkansas has in general
>>
>>39637884
Alaska is the most retarded state. The only people who want to live there are contrarian retards. Only in Alaska will you find people spending three hundred million dollars to build a bridge to nowhere. Nothing in Alaska makes sense. Robot friendly? Not at all. State is filled with people who will hassle you and demand you have conversation with them. If you enjoy high rates of suicide, drug use,corruption maybe Alaska is the right place for you.
>>
>>39638100

Meh, Anchorage isn't too bad when I went through there en route to Mt. McKinley. They pretty much just give you dividends to live up there also, so it's a NEET's dream. You are statistically right about the high rates of suicide, drugs, etc. though, albeit this is more prevalent in small areas in which the only way to escape is by plane (see: Barrow AK or anywhere on the west coast of AK). Also I'm >>39638069 so I obviously hate sub-zero temperatures anyway
>>
File: 1504828959822.jpg (15KB, 196x240px) Image search: [Google]
1504828959822.jpg
15KB, 196x240px
>>39638100
I just can't imagine life where the sun rises at 4 in the morning and sets at midnight in the summertime, and in the winter, rising at 10 am and setting before 4 pm.
>>
Rural Nevada, Utah and Colorado during the winter
West Virginia/Kentucky or Alabama/Tennessee during the summer
>>
florida because you'll get the sweet release of death tomorrow
>>
>>39637610
Wyoming, especially if you're into guns
>>
File: 094.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
094.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
Colorado, once the population drops by 5,000,000
>>
File: hijab-28913760.jpg (75KB, 957x1300px) Image search: [Google]
hijab-28913760.jpg
75KB, 957x1300px
>>39637847
En guarde
[Spoiler]Omae wa mou shindeiru
NANI[/spoiler]
>>
new york is surprisingly /comfy/.
the large amounts of people are only present in NYC.
if you want suburbia far from the city, go upstate.
if you love the hustle and bustle, stay in the city
if youre undecided, go to staten island, which is like beautiful suburbia right beside the city.
many resources available for you to choose from, and is usually cool all year round. it does get a bit warm during the summer though.
the city is the cleanest its been in years. the air generally smells awesome.
stay away from east brooklyn if you dont like niggers. manhattan has many niggers in the west and north, but the niggers in the west are usually nice and i dont have problems with them. spics are usually shit everywhere though
in the summertime, there are a fuckton of east asians on vacation. they are a bit annoying but you will have to deal with some tourists
>>
>>39638209

Back when WV had a decent economy (before the demand for coal plummeted) I'd probably agree with you. Louisville/Lexington KY are viable cities to consider, however (keep in mind that both cities don't have a prolific job market). I hope to god you're not thinking eastern Kentucky though. The Ashland KY metro area is easily the most depressing place I have ever visited

Alabama is also notorious for its chauvinism toward their SEC football team. Most of its inhabitants are verbatim "white trash", and there is absolutely no scenery. Tennessee at least has scenery, and Chattanooga/Nashville are both great cities to live in along with a decent cost of living

>>39638242
lmao
>>
Alabama:
Cost of living is cheap as dirt
Engineering jobs everywhere, don't even necessarily need a higher education to get one
Southern hospitality is a very real thing, on account of all the old folk that both teach and practice it
People in the South always wave, hold doors, say please and thank you, etc. Just good people in general.
Only crime going on is committed by druggies that mostly keep to themselves-- niggers don't do anything since they know that if they do they'll get gunned down(and most black people down here are just as congenial as the rest, they're well integrated unlike in cities)
Very good blend of civilization and nature, open skies as far as can see.
Only downsides really are the hot summer, the brutal winters, and the awful allergy season, but other than that it's a great place to be. Glad I moved back.
>>
>>39637610
Northern Minnesota is the most underrated comfiest place in the US
t. used to live there
>>
>>39638317
>implying upstate New York is not just suburbia
God I fucking hate city fags
>>
>>39638317

Rochester and Buffalo (according to the U.S. census) have declined in population because lake erie doesn't have the advantage it once had in terms of resources People that also currently inhabit said cities are also notoriously poor. Are there any other cities that are decent to live in that are at least within a 20 mile radius of a decent economic hub? The state is honestly beautiful outside of NYC
>>
>>39638422
see
>>39638357

There are better southern states imo. Both Auburn and Birmingham revolve around only football
>>
>>39638469
see>>39638474

my comment was low on content? no it was not. it had M E D I U M sized content.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.