[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here been able to overcome social anxiety with a therapist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 747-take-off-conveyor-belt.jpg (363KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
747-take-off-conveyor-belt.jpg
363KB, 720x960px
Has anyone here been able to overcome social anxiety with a therapist? I'm thinking about scheduling an appointment. Tell me how it went for you.
>>
It didn't go well for me. I just sat there and said nothing.
>>
>>39606660
omg that pic lol
>>
>>39606681
Were you in a group thing or just one on one with a therapist? I think I'd be able to talk to a therapist one on one but not in a group.
>>
>>39606660
Try to find a man therapist if you can.
>>
>>39606763
I'm just going to my university's therapist which I think is a woman.
>>
My therapist agreed that my "social anxiety" really isn't social anxiety, but rather that my avoidance of everyone is completely justified.

I only still go because she's the only person I ever talk to.
>>
>>39606660
I eventually did. However, it did me little good - sure, now I can get wagecuck jobs (previously I was afraid to leave the house) and earn money, but I'm still a crappy person unable to form meaningful relationships. Guess therapy can't develop in me something I failed to grow before.
>>
It's helped me tremendously. Find a male therapist so you have a chance of getting someone competent. Consider psychiatry too, the medication buspar has helped me in combination with therapy
>>
>>39606864
This is what happens with female therapists. They don't use logic they are good at blaming and that's it. A male will help you with the reasoning and logic aspect of it and give you real perspective, not the skewed perspective of a female
>>
File: 1422151125194.jpg (685KB, 1000x1293px) Image search: [Google]
1422151125194.jpg
685KB, 1000x1293px
realistically i don't see how. they'd probably tell you what to do to improve but you can hear the same shit elsewhere. fact is you just need to do it and get used to it
>>
>>39606660
What country are you from anon? Cause it'll play a major role. I remember trying to find a good, competent therapist in my town, back when I lived in Slavistan. That didn't end well, just spent my time and $ on hacks.

It's all better now and I'm better now, but not thanx to those windbags.
>>
>>39607292
The reasoning and logic aspect of it is that women born after 1970 are literal trash, 100% of them
>>
>>39607322
Ireland
oregano comment porridge
>>
>>39607293
HAHAAH HOLY SHIT IS THIS AN ACTUAL SAM HYDE VIDEO?!
>>
>>39607370
its a scan from the book r-tard
>>
>>39607362
Well, not as fucked as for me, so prolly can find a decent one, I'd give it a shot, at least once!
>>
>>39607293
>My worst fears are insane things, like not being able to find the secrets in video games.
>>
>>39607293
what is cei? lol
>>
>>39607564
cum eating instructions wasd
>>
>>39607583
is there somewhere i can read the book

i dont wanna google the name of it because it will probably flag me as a terrorist
>>
>>39607599
actually before you link it, its supposed to be funny right? if its full of political stuff i dont want it
>>
>>39607427
thank you boyooo
>>
>>39606660
depends on the therapist and where you live. If you're in burgerland don't bother.
You might also want to see a real doctor about it
>>
>>39606660
Not really. I got raped when I was nine and subsequently went to therapy for a few years. I've always had anxiety because of it. Therapy didn't help.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.