[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else /extremely autistic family member/? My little sister

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (5KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 200x192px
Anybody else /extremely autistic family member/?

My little sister has some kind of severe autism, like to the point where she banshee screeches if mom buys a different brand of laundry detergent. Shit's exhausting.
>>
>on /r9k/
>he isn't the autistic one in the family
Or perhaps your parents had shit genes and you all have autism
>>
>>39605481
You're definitely right, but at least I only have pocket spaghetti autism.
>>
>>39605481
Most people on /r9k/ just have meme autism, while actual autism is uncommon.
>>
>>39605463
Chris?

Origami figaro
>>
>>39605599
autism is a large spectrum
OP's sister is on the high functioning side which impacts daily life.
Most of us are closer to the other side where our social skills are messed up but we aren't complete weridos and we are aware of what we are like, definitely doesn't impair our livelihood but it makes social situations fucking dreadful
>>
>>39605463
We're licensed to take care of this special needs girl. She has some super rare form that only exists in something like 5 cases. She isn't blood, but she's around so much whats the difference. She is actually manageable and doesn't sperg, but she is SOO fucked up.

She sees imaginary creatures everywhere and talks to them very plainly. She follows directions, but lives another life out loud as she does. She won't live more than a year by now
>>
>>39605795
>won't live more than a year by now
Will she die?
>>
>>39605857
She will not continue to live
>>
>>39605877
You will kill her? Should we report you to the FBI?
>>
>>39605599
I think many people on /r9k/ have "feminine" autism which is basically a milder version of autism, but they don't have a diagnosis because they aren't girls.
>>
>>39605795
Mine sometimes does that, but its usually sensory issues.
>>
>>39605897
Ha, no. Her body is falling apart on a neurological level, similar to multiple sclerosis. The neurons in her brain won't support her breathing/heart/digestion after they've decayed away.

In the meantime, we give her mom some
Needed rest away from her. This child is an absolute burden on everyone she is around. It's very sad, awkward, and inconvenient when she decides it's time to just lay down, or just walk into the road, or take her clothes off in school, or continually talk to herself until 1 am
>>
>>39605947
Same, the visions she sees can spawn from a conversation she overheard, or something that's on her iPad that loops Netflix
>>
>>39605463
got a cousin named Giovanni. When we went to Mexico last year he came towards the last week of my immediate family's stay. He grew up in Texas, so he was used to american living, which would partly explain why he locked himself in his guest room and cried because there was no wifi and he missed his mother. Made my/our grandmother feel like shit. Ended up staying with our aunt (who's fucking batshit crazy and lives in squalor. sits there and knits all day with a face as if she just had a horde of flies fly into her mouth) solely because she had internet access. He was 15 years old.

Just a few months ago back in the states, he was told he was staying with us (i live in kentucky, an already uncomfortably long drive away from texas) he locked himself in their car to cry because he just didn't want to stay.

In the living room, that same day, we ordered pizza for one half of the guests, while a select few went out to some fast food place to get what the other half wanted. When we got back with what he didn't want, which was some chili cheese dog (he wanted chili cheese fries) he cried again. No where to lock himself into this time, he cried there on the couch. Never talked, despite the fact that we all know damn good and well he speaks both english and spanish, and never played on his phone, which is how he usually ignores everyone.

His fussing became enough to where our relatives decided to get a hotel instead of sleeping in our house.

He was 16
>>
File: 1471972334815.jpg (80KB, 524x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471972334815.jpg
80KB, 524x480px
>>39605463
>tfw all of my family are turbo normies so I have to suffer alone
>tfw they try to help by spouting normie phrases life b yourself
the only people I can connect to in my family are my 2 baby brothers.
>>
>be sperg myself
>legitimately suspect that a few members of my close family have autistic traits
>don't bring it up because I don't even think it's a productive conversation or worth noting
>1st cousin had motor coordination issues for a while, speaks a bit late, was WAY too into that fidget spinner, and fixates on things for weeks or months at a time like I do
>also noted as bouncing on her toes and tiptoeing instead of setting her heels down, like I do
>her sister's always playing fucking Roblox and probably has the same kind of space/time/dates/numbers Rainman thing going on that I do from what I can tell
>talked to her about her apparent misophonia and why certain days are odd/even or correspond to certain numbers
>huge fucking streak of robot interests like /co/ stuff and Undertale and such
>notice that some of my cousins are a bit finicky about the same things that I am concerning food, textures, and sensory input like sounds and touch
>same thing I have where they're finicky about feet
>have nonverbal cousins
>have one cousin who hand-flaps and talks all precociously
>have multiple cousins who talk all precociously
>huge STEM/machines streak with engineers, biologists, marine biologists, nurses, welders, mechanics, university professors, etc.
>granddad is multilingual engineer who does puzzles to entertain himself
>all the little quirks we have and sounds we make
>pretty sure I've heard stories about relatives who weren't even functional from their retardation
>I'm clearly a literal autist and I'm like 90% sure everyone knows it since I have the strongest sensory issues
>nobody talks about it and it's sort of a non-issue because everybody's like that
>somehow we just keep reproducing
>>
>>39606141
Jesus christ this hits close to home, my sister is 15 and does so much of the same shit. She once locked herself in her room and cried for hours because my mom didn't make any of her handful of "safe foods" for dinner and she didn't eat for days, choosing to starve herself over touching some meatloaf.

It got so bad that my mother and aunt got into a screaming match and they stormed out.
>>
>>39606252
don't live with him, so I'm not sure if his is this bad. At least, if it is they haven't told us.
>>
File: 1503409530114.jpg (16KB, 373x216px) Image search: [Google]
1503409530114.jpg
16KB, 373x216px
>>39606141
Holy shit bombshell at the end, is he actually autistic or just a prick?
>>
>>39606365
Well, i had similar issues when I was little, around 8-12. Although instead of crying, I got angry. Never was too good at expressing emotions, so I came off as just regular old grumpy. It was more social anxiety than autism, I wouldn't consider him a prick, just inconsiderate and doesn't realize/incapable of seeing how much of a nuisance he is. I'm sure if he realized and understood how people see him and their opinion of him, he would straighten up at least a little. I'd consider a prick someone who understands how much of a burden they are but just don't care.I say this because that's how I am; I don't realize sometimes how In The Way I am or whatever, but if someone told me 'bro ur bein a dick' I'd stop.

>tl;dr nah he's just autisic
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.