[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I try Lexapro again? Last time I took it, I couldn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: lexapro-533x400.jpg (24KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
lexapro-533x400.jpg
24KB, 533x400px
Should I try Lexapro again?

Last time I took it, I couldn't jack off by the second day and by the fourth day I wanted to stay in bed all day and that continued on until day 8. Then I got tired of not being able to jack off and stopped taking it.

Lately I've been feeling really lousy about everything. I want to feel okay about myself and my future. Maybe it's just a hump I have to get over.
>>
I'd be more inclined to try a different antidepressant if Lexapro didn't work the first time
>>
>>39601793
I'm kind of scared of trying others since it seems like Lexapro's one of the least jarring ones.
I'll look into trying another though.
>>
File: IMG_0126.jpg (41KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0126.jpg
41KB, 439x290px
>>39601769
>falling for SSRI meme

No, I can't reccomend it.

>pic related
>>
>>39601837
Sure they are expensive, and your retarded mind views them as drugs, but there are different types, and they're the best medicine against chemical depression we have.
>>
>>39601824
>Lexapro's one of the least jarring ones.
I've heard good things about it myself and really should get off my ass to see a shrink to try it, but all this bullshit is unpredictable and varies from person to person. Probably needless to say but running these concerns by a psych would be a good idea
>>
>>39601866
It's not even that they're expensive, where I live it costs $5 for a months supply. The issue is that they generally don't work lol. You have to wait months to see any improvement and sometimes absolutely nothing at all happens and Pajero will simply say "here try this one instead xD."

Not to mention discontinuation syndrome can be hell. Notably worse from SNRI's like venlaxafine, withdrawals / sudden stoppage after prolonged use are almost on benzos withdrawal level
>>
>>39601897
I know its not far from the SSRI meme post above but I really don't believe in talking to therapists or professionals about problems anymore. I legitimately think too many of them are trained towards normies.

I tried going to them before and they all ended because they wouldn't dig hard enough or they keep complimenting me (to which i react negatively to because I know they don't know me well enough to hold any beliefs about me confidently) or telling me to gain weight (I'm a skelly but I'm there to feel better mentally, not physically ) or they'd spend an hour recommending stupid fucking movies or TV shows.
>>
File: th.jpg (8KB, 254x245px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8KB, 254x245px
>>39601769
I don't take any pills and life is ok, not good but it could be worse.
Try to change your life instead of having pills dull it for you.

I got arrested for drug possession it sucks, but I don't regret it they made my life awesome. The state has been trying to force me to take jew pills after being assessed by jewish psychologists. I keep requesting other opinions and delaying it.
Next appointment I'll have to lie because it's all scam.
>>
>>39602014
I don't think we're on the same page but I appreciate you posting in my thread anyway
>>
>>39602033
word brother good luck
>>
>>39601982
Yeah Iktf anon. I'm not some 16 year old Stacy with body image issues that is super depressed, I sperged out at my psych over this once, I basically said look I know I'm ugly, it's not a confidence issue or "learn to love yourself" meme, it's just how it is. Some people have to be ugly as some people have to be attractive.

She tried to tell me then they attraction is subjective but I stepped in and said "only to a point, difgurement is neither normal or attractive", at that point she just tried to change the subject kek
>>
>>39602052
You too. We're all gonna make it except for the ones who kurt cobain outta here.

>>39602065
desu I'd have no idea what a therapist should say to someone who's upset about being unattractive.
>>
>>39601982
I believe it, I had good luck with my first therapist and psych, then my psych retired and I couldn't be fucked to find a new one and I've been floating along unmedicated for years now. I don't want to go back to therapy, but I would like to find a shrink who's willing to work with me to find the meds that will help me live the best life I can. But I'd rather just sit on the couch/computer and not go to all that trouble ;_;

>they keep complimenting me
Yeah this is shit, at first my therapist said I was doing a good job going to work every day, and I'm like shit, it's not like have any options. Though she figured out fairly quickly that this wasn't helping.
>>
>>39602125
It stemmed from me telling her I'm not normal and then she said "well what is normal xdddd"

So I explained being a 25 year old unemployed alcoholic with no social or economical status isn't normal.

I stopped going because frankly there's nothing she could say or do to help me
>>
>>39602167
Yeah whoever your therapist was is used to dealing with normies who are depressed because stacey broke up with them and base what they tell their patients on facebook posts

>>39602133
Same, I'm caught in a "feel awful but i don't want to do anything about it" thing. Doesn't help that I don't have a driver's license so doing that stuff is at my mom's mercy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.