[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finish college >job search for 3 months >nothing >/g/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: 1476297553816.jpg (40KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1476297553816.jpg
40KB, 400x388px
>finish college
>job search for 3 months
>nothing
>/g/ told me IT wasn't a meme degree like CS
>my CS friends got jobs
>depressed because no income and no future
>can't sleep at night due to stress and not doing anything all day
>don't even want to look for a job anymore
>daily routine is now waking up at 3pm and not falling asleep until 5am
>all I do is draw all day
Thanks for reading my blog
>>
>Get job advice from a 4chan
You deserve it faggot. I can't imagine the amount of NEETs who fell for "comfy" jobs meme also. Don't worry I fell for wagecuck meme but left
>>
>CS
Counter Strike?

Also, do some coding.
>>
>>39598813
What's your degree in?

Just go for any job - anything at all, when you get one, no matter how shit it is, keep it for at least 3 months, then start looking for something in your field - no matter how shit it is. Once you have a job in your field, keep it for at least 6 months to a year. After then - look for a higher paying/your preferred job in your field. Your resume will look awesome, you'll have made some money, and you'll stop being depressed too.
>>
File: black-pepe-with-gun.jpg (33KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
black-pepe-with-gun.jpg
33KB, 540x540px
>>39599223
>Take shit job
>Normie advice
>>
>>39599223
>anon looks for shit job
You are overqualified and cant get any or your next employer will think you are not good enough because you had shit job and if he takes you {IF} you will be paid a lot less because of it.
>>
>>39599223
>you'll stop being depressed too.
>I have no idea what depression is
>>
>>39599181
What dumbass college offers Counter-Strike degrees xD Ffs OP you stupid fayget learn how to code and then you can make some real fucking dough brother.
>>
>>39598813
You did remember to take an internship or at least work a shitty help desk job while in college, right anon?

If not, you're just another douche with a piece of paper. Now you're over-qualified for that help desk job but under-qualified for everything else.
>>
I've been thinking of the ol suicide meme lately. I don't believe in a heaven or hell, so what's stopping me? The lingering doubt about the unknown or the what if? Why not just end it then? Not like I'd know the difference between life and death once I pulled the trigger, right?
>>
File: 1504746023610.jpg (125KB, 811x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1504746023610.jpg
125KB, 811x1082px
Wait is a business IT degree a meme? I was going to get one . . .
>>
>>39599495
Well that depends. Being a faggot who does little research on degree, picks based on salary makes it a meme degree. If you do proper research and speak with people working in field and get many differing views many meme degrees can become non meme degrees.
>>
>>39598813
why would you believe CS is a meme degree in the year 2017?
>>
File: myoldfriend.jpg (38KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
myoldfriend.jpg
38KB, 500x380px
>>39598813
>do IT
>thinking ill get to work in a comfy office doing computer stuff
>everyone is funneled through the help desk pits
>cant hack it cause most of the time is spent talking to agitated customers or being pressured by the boss
>higher grade work requires years of experience and knowing a dozen ever changing vendors/software
>>
>>39598813
>making life decisions based on some chinese cartoon image board user's advice
>>
>>39598813
>CS is a meme degree
I'm sorry to say but you fell for the meme. Enjoy being "the tech guy" to a bunch of cubicle monkeys
>>
>>39598813
It is honestly better. But it's how much you know. Can you fix hardware? Software? Can you make a mobile application?
>>
>>39598813
Do you have ceritifications like A+? If not you should definitely get them.
>>
>>39598813
>associate's
good job, now go back for a bachelors and apply for lots of internships
>bachelor's
did /g/ really tell you a bachelor's in IT was better than CS holy fuck
>>
>finish CS degree
>don't actually look for a job
>unemployed for 10 months now

Do I even have any chance? I feel like I forgot everything I learned.
>>
>>39601291
Have you worked on any side projects after graduating? It's something to add to your portfolio.
>>
>>39601305
Lmao if u haven't u best start making one up.

I'm jk, as long as it's not like 5years plus, negative space on your resume is a meme
>>
File: 1388053220844s.jpg (11KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1388053220844s.jpg
11KB, 250x247px
>tfw close friend got sysadmin job with an associates in Science
>tfw he's living the comfy bachelor apartment life and working easy hours in a comfy setting
>>
>>39601291
It can be hard as fug with a big gap. I couldn't find a job for a year after graduating and they would all ask about the gap. I managed to get an internship thanks to my dad, but they didn't want to hire me. Then took about another year to have my friend get me in his job.
>>
>>39601291
You should ask. Any future employer will want to know what the gap in your resume is if it's over a year. Even 10 months might raise some eyebrows.
>>
File: 1503541477571.jpg (450KB, 1435x1655px) Image search: [Google]
1503541477571.jpg
450KB, 1435x1655px
>>39598813
>be me
>going for History Degree
>really afraid that I'm just memeing myself

I don't know if I should change, it's not to late.
>>
>>39601386
Are you good at it? I mean standing out beyond most of your classmates. Do you enjoy it? Do you have ideas of how you could use it?
>>
>>39601406
I have no idea how I stand in history, I only just got to college. I do love history and I think of myself as knowledgeable about it but I'm trying to figure out if I like the jobs that come with the degree.
>>
>>39601386
Doing History is really dependent on you making the most of it. If you throw yourself into it you'll gain a load of transferable skills that you can use in lots of industries. So get working lad, the gulf in future success between good, average and bad History students is astronomical in my experience.
>>
>>39601431
Work as hard as you can if you want to stay in it. Arts and humanities are pretty hard to find jobs in due to oversaturation, but history is one of the easier ones due to most people finding it boring. Of the potential careers it can lead to, which would you most like to do?
>>
IKTF. Graduated with a meth degree last year, did some original research in game theory, took CS classes up to and including Algorithms, and the jobs just aren't there (but depression is). How do people make the switch from having school's rigid structure imposed on them to having none at all?
>>
>>39599223
>you'll stop being depressed too

Citation needed.
>>
>>39601381
"Employment gap" is the most fucking cruel normie meme.

Is there any reason for it being an important thing to employers other than to push people to be unthinking slaves all their lives. They don't know what you spent that time doing, they don't know your talents. If you take some time off, how the fuck is that their business?
It's not rational at all, jobs are supposed to be an exhange of services for pay. A simple, rational agreement. Not by default the most important thing in peoples lives.
I hate unthinking narrowminded normalfags so fucking much.
>>
>>39601371
God bless nepotism :)
>>
>>39601618
If you don't have a reason besides "I didn't feel like working" it can fuck your shit up. They'll wonder "What if he doesn't want to work again? Will he leave us? What if he decides to take a year off 3 months down the road?" I agree it's bullshit that you need to justify your time out of work, but they do often consider it a potential problem.
>>
>>39601486
Teaching high school doesn't seem that bad, however I wanted to see what I could do with archeology or anthropology. I have no clue how to go about that but I have heard that history is related. Working in a museum wouldn't be bad but I'd have to look into that more as well.
>>
>>39598813
don't worry, I'm an econometrics grad and CS grads are stealing all my job opportunities too.
>>
File: 1493575718061.jpg (193KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493575718061.jpg
193KB, 500x500px
I majored in accounting and I work in IT now doing basic bitch networks and tech support for warehouses. I just learn on the job and after hours (weekends)

Thanks Aunt Anna

>>39601623
yep. This is only going to get worse as the West becomes less white and more mexican/chinese/indian whatever. I'm part of the problem but the alternative is unemployment
>>
>>39598813
I was going to switch to IT because i thought it still had good job prospects bit tjat obv is no longer the case.
I think ill suck it up stick with Aviation Engineering
>>
CS degrees are more of a meme degree than IT degrees.

IT degrees usually prepare the graduate for at least some level of business operations which is what 99% of employers are looking for. CS degrees fill their students heads with worthless, abstract nonsense. Much like mathematics degrees.

Don't get me wrong. They're both meme degrees but CS is easily more worthless than IT
>>
>>39598813
>Chemistry major
>Graduated last year
>Got fired back in July
>Still no job
Have a phone interview in an hour
>>
>disgusting normies talking about work

this is a NEET board GET OUT
>>
>>39599818
/IT helpdesk/ here too except I only deal with corporate employees and either reset passwords or triage issues to other teams, not off-the-street calls from end users or people bitching about their rates like at a telecoms company.

>no experience or degree
>~40k+bennies

You're right though there's not much upward movement unless you know somebody or you've come in with great skills and a job opens up.

>>39602661
This too, a friend is finishing a CS degree but still has very little practical working knowledge other than coding. One of these perpetual student types
>>
> CS degrees fill their students heads with worthless, abstract nonsense. Much like mathematics degrees.

If you're going for academia or a job at a national laboratory you pretty much need to know that stuff

But I agree, most companies just want a $10/hour paki who can write javascript
>>
>>39602661
>CS degrees fill their students heads with worthless, abstract nonsense. Much like mathematics degrees.
brainlet detected
>>
>>39602782
>unironically using brainlet

brainlet detected
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.