[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you helpless NEETs ever thought about giving up the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

Have any of you helpless NEETs ever thought about giving up the struggle and becoming a monk?
>>
I have material wants, it'd probably never work for me. I like the idea of it, but I'd probably rather a hippy commune type of deal instead, somewhere where I just need to make minimal money to contribute while still being able to want and keep things.
>>
>>39598062
yes and the only thing holding me back is my internet addiction but it is generally advised not to become one if you aren't seriously spiritual. I think I'd go for a trial period to see if i can manage before comitting
>>
>>39598062
How does one become a monk?
Who is going to support you while you do monk things?
>>
>>39598274
you dont have any possessions and eat like twice a day. there is not much money needed
>>
>NEET
>helpless
>struggle
What are you talking about?
>>
>implying I would like to leave my comfy NEET cave to sit on a rock and stare at a waterfall all day long thinking how special and unique I am
>>
>>39598404
>thinking
>about how special and unique I am
You don't know anything about Buddhism, do you?
>>
>>39598404
that last part will either be erased from your mindset or you won't last long
>>
>>39598404
buddhists/bodhisatvas literally devalue themselves as individual beings and devote their entire lives to relieving the suffering of other human beings through study and practice of the buddhas ways.
>>
>>39598492
so is there any hope for becoming enlightening in following buddhism if you have contempt for human nature and society but want to release your own material wants/desires etc?

Or is this whole loving everyone bullshit the whole core concept? Because I can't imagine feeling anything but hostile towards the general shiity population of hedonistic skinsacks.
>>
>>39599155
the core concept is to relieve suffering. worldly possesions cause suffering. Becoming enlightened has not much to do with being a helpful dude but I imagine it makes you stop hating hedonists/humans in general because you see that they themselves are suffering and by helping your community you try to relieve them of said pain. So if you would become a monk and start meditating like a madman you will eventually overcome this hatred. Besides helping people can be fun
>>
I used to fantasize about being a priest and doing naughty things with divorced wives or college girls who came to confess their sins.
I wouldn't fuck little boys though.
Maybe little girls, if they weren't gangly and had breasts.
>>
>>39598062
Being a spirital monk is all about discipline, something that 90% of /r9k/'s users lack.
Think wisely about becoming a monk
>>
File: 1439857346080.png (433KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1439857346080.png
433KB, 645x773px
> tfw shao lin temple doesn't accept whiteys
>>
>>39599155
>if you have contempt for human nature and society
Contempt must become compassion.
>>
>>39598062
>giving up the struggle
>becoming a monk
Buddhist monks have to pass through far more struggle than most people will ever have to in their lives to become what they are.

Getting used to live with nothing but your robes is something I believe none of you guys would have the guts for.
>>
>>39599789
That's exactly the point. It's about not being able to whine anymore. Stop feeling pain because you don't let it affect you.
You don't need greed because it is motivated by trying to escape this pain through posessions.
>>
I have seriously considered it.
but I'm not sure i got what it takes to be so compassionate and patient
>>
>>39598062
I can't meditate because in the moment I close my eyes I feel uncomfortable and get intrusive thoughts, can't shut up my mind which is the idea, because of anxiety and depression.
Monks would kick me out of their monastery in a sec
Also I wouldn't really like that life style, they never have any kind of pleasure, how can you live like that? what's the point?
>>
So much mininfo in this thread.

Buddhism is at it's core about changing your perceptions of the world by diving into yourself and learning what are the causes of your current perceptions are. If you're a misanthrope, then I can tell you it's not because most humans are worthy of hating, but because you have unconscious ideas about what humanity should be that don't align to reality. If you can figure out what these ideas are and let them go, your anger and frustration will cease, leading to benign tranquility.

t. someone who has studied buddhism for a while and has used it to keep his mind from going crazy
>>
>>39600553
you get pleasure from being a kind and compassionate, understanding and spiritual figure. like a person people love to be around and respect. you feel happiness and fulfillment from doing this. or so I hear
>>
>>39600636
That's pretty interesting.
>If you're a misanthrope, then I can tell you it's not because most humans are worthy of hating, but because you have unconscious ideas about what humanity should be that don't align to reality.
Sometimes I get so angry and depressed thinking how shit people are, and how I wish they were like I want them to be (for example, people who have sex for pleasure and do perverted things then they complain about rapists) that I get a mental breakdown.
>>
I hate myself too much to ever find inner peace.
>>
>>39600740
Just to be clear, that's not to say that all things are "okay" or "fair enough." There's clearly a lot of sick, twisted shit that goes on every single day. What Buddhism says though is whether it's worth getting into a twist over, and also teaches you to understand where suck twisted mindsets come from.
>>
bumpin this shit

oranges
>>
I live a bit like a monk, very spartan. This allowed me to become a successful NEET, in fact. But there's no need to take religious vows, just keep living simply and cheaply, I could sustain my lifestyle.
>>
>>39598062
i would become one right away, but the reality is temples don't accept anyone that come knocking on their door, you gotta pay an annual fee just like a college. Same with christian monks who are given more leeway in daily activities,probably even let you use internet on your free time, but you have to get a recommendation from a priest and all that shit. As usual everything is shitty and closed off to the privileged few.
>>
Being a NEET and being a monk has much of the same effect. You are isolated from the rat race of having a job. Alone with yourself and your thoughts. What you make of it is of course up to you.
>>
>>39598062

I want to become a monk but since my family won't allow me I will probably become a priest
>>
>>39602425
retarded excuse to not do what you want with your life
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.