[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do parents ever forget about hitting their children? My dad forgot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: buttowry.jpg (116KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
buttowry.jpg
116KB, 640x480px
Do parents ever forget about hitting their children? My dad forgot about the time he belted me for getting suspended as a kid. Told me straight to my face he never did it even after I took him through a step by step recount of it. I almost never got hit, maybe three or four separate occasions and each completely makes sense, but now suddenly its like it never happened. Mom is no help, she never witnessed it and was surprised when I told her. Pretty mad to get called a liar, but not mad about the beltings themself, can someone explain?
>>
My mom has forgotten, or significantly re-written, most things like this that I have mentioned to her. She only ever slapped me one time though.

I think she really doesn't remember. Your dad might honestly have forgotten, too, but he could be gaslighting or just dodging responsibility.
>>
>>39598176
Should I just drop it forever then?
>>
>>39598198
It feels like giving up, I know, but is there anything productive you can do about it at this point?
If you still live with them and this is ongoing, you could write things down so you know for later that your memory is working.
Just know that you're not the one who's crazy.
>>
File: 1451579770674.jpg (108KB, 1024x779px) Image search: [Google]
1451579770674.jpg
108KB, 1024x779px
>>39598269
Thank you, I really didn't know how to deal with this.
>>
>>39597792
>be spic
>cant even count the times i got with with a chancla or belt
>>
>>39597792
My step dad which my parents were divorced and I didn't know at the time was visiting, the room was messy so he helped me clean it. Later that night I grabbed a sodie so I could watch tv and chill in my room (christmas break) and he comes in and is extremely furious because he helped me clean and smacks me across the face. mom wakes up and he adamantly denies it, cry and go to sleep which is the only time I've ever done that.
>>
>>39597792
Yeah, people forget things. It probably made a much bigger impact on you than on him, so it makes sense your memory of the event stuck around and his didn't.
>>
File: tmg-article_tall.jpg (13KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
tmg-article_tall.jpg
13KB, 640x368px
>>39598347
Hey anon

I'd just keep note of the fact that you are not crazy. If you have real vivid memories of this it's likely real, though the mind can invent memories sometimes when suggested to do so by trained people. But I'm sure this is legit

Just ignore it, lots of things happen that are skimmed over. You said it happened once, so it was clearly a mistake on their part that didn't happen again. If they did it repeatedly over and over again and denied it that would be different. But just once and they are probably very shameful of it

Who knows if they remember. But don't worry
>>
File: DONG.png (119KB, 301x310px) Image search: [Google]
DONG.png
119KB, 301x310px
>>39598375
>MIJO. DEJA A POSTAR CON EL PINCHE NOMBRE DE PUTA Y ARREGLA TU CUERTO O ME VOY A PEGAR CON MIS CHANCLAS, NINO.
>>
my dad would grab me by the arm and throw me around, but he never punched me
>>
>>39598405
Am I going to forgot things like this too? It wasnt a good memory but it influenced my morals to not be a shit head.
>>
>>39598406
>MA DEJA DE AVERGONZARME ENFRENTE DE MIS CUATES CHINOS
>>
>>39598455
I really don't think they forgot

I think they "forgot" and are maybe making excuses for themselves of why it was okay or why it was a one time thing that doesn't define them. Maybe they were having a really really bad day that you didn't understand because of something at work or in their relationship, so they got really upset and hit you, and they make excuses for themselves

I don't think you have to worry about forgetting big things like this if it's an ethical issue for you. I personally would remember it for the rest of my life
>>
File: 1451645903996.jpg (629KB, 2500x1562px) Image search: [Google]
1451645903996.jpg
629KB, 2500x1562px
>>39598500
That's better, at least I can understand. Thank you, you're a good soul.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>39598582
No problem anon have a watermelon doggo from my "animals eating watermelons" folder
>>
Yep, my mother did the exact same thing. I used to piss her off alot as a lad, being a single mother, she would get extremely pissed and slap me in the face. No big deal though. However every time I try to bring it up she claims that it never happened.

I don't even mind that much, but she most likely felt regret afterwards and is blocking it out of her memory. Parents probably don't enjoy punishing their kids.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.