[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the point of even being alive if you aren't rich?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1520.png (10KB, 436x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1520.png
10KB, 436x454px
whats the point of even being alive if you aren't rich? honestly? you experience nothing life can offer and all you do is suffer
>>
To grind to get wealth and power? That's all I can think of.
>>
>>39595525
Well alot just got to find ways to challence yourself on areas you like. But even that takes practice and searching.
I'm pretty fucking poor and had a fallout witj my dad when I was 19 and got kicked out, he took his car back and even withdrew most of my savings. He did the same with my brother znd sister in an attempt to control us. Even my mom got sick of his shit and left him. Worst part is he has alot of dough.
In hard times I jist keep remembering that sad sack of shit is going to die and I'll be wealthy. Shouldn't take that long with his diabeetus, 2 cig packs a day and 6 pills a day. Honestly if I didn't have that fallback I would've offed myself.
>>
>>39595525
sshhh... dont letttemknodoeghbrugh
>>
>>39595598
thats a lie to keep wageslaves occupied

if you arent rich by birth and have no connections you never will be
>>
>>39595525
someday they will fall, and communism will win
>>
I don't understand why you're so retarded.

My life of social, health and financial suffering is worth it if I can see a bird flying or smell a flower. You just don't understand that you're meant to be alive, not living a life, if you really want to be happy. If you can't see that then you're looking through smoked glasses.
>>
>>39595819
let me go be happy while everything around me crumbles while rich people have cushy lives with no faults

you're a brainlet because you are incapable of seeing things from another perspective
>>
>>39595845
you don't think rich people have problems too? Of course they have their basic needs taken care of and they live more comfortably than everyone else but nobody lives a 100% perfect life. I think you're the one who needs to see things from another perspective
>>
>>39595965
they have the cushiest lives on the planet

theyre usually the most whiny and ungrateful too
>>
>>39595845
That's where you're wrong, you think that the world, and everything works in a certain way, that there's a better and a worse. There are people a million times worse off than you and those a million times better off than the rich you envy, you're issue is you can only see things from other perspectives.

Life is what you make of it anon, and the absence of misery or the gain of monetary wealth and the luxuries it comes with won't change the fact that when you're dying in your bed or in the gutter it will be as right now to you as this conversation is. So take right now for what it is, it's only ever been now, the past and the future are measurements, so either use that ruler to your advantage or stop complaining like a useless cunt and go for a walk in the park and realize there's a whole universe that you think you're detached from.
>>
>>39596145
t. guy who got a scholarship and thinks hes had it hard

tell me im wrong you wont
>>
File: 20170813_192717.jpg (78KB, 352x293px) Image search: [Google]
20170813_192717.jpg
78KB, 352x293px
>Be you
>get /fit/
>look like rich
>???
>profit
>>
>>39596179
I'm a terminally ill 20 year old hermit with facial disfigurements and no money, and I truly believe I have it easy. You just don't understand that you don't need a big house and nice cars to enjoy life.
>>
>>39596271
wh-why do you think you have it easy

those things all suck

i feel like by being happy with nothing you are playing into the trap set by the rich of being happy with nothing
>>
I like to fantasize about experiencing the french revolution. I want to capture and skin alive those rich fucks and then chop off their heads. I wanna turn their pompous smug apathy into screams of despair. Paint the streets red with their blood.
>>
>>39596326
surprised you even posted this

youre probably on an fbi watchlist now
>>
>>39596326
also i googled that, i didnt know that happened but that probably wont happen because of firearms and better security, your dreams are shattered
>>
>>39596271
hwy reply to me i want to hear more you were starting to convince me a bit
>>
>>39596291
This may ramble a bit.

Here's how I started, I thought "well, I'm gonna die soon, sucks that I get this little bit of life and nothing else", then it hit me like I knew it all along. That this is the big it, being alive; seeing, smelling, touching, thinking, being aware of being. That on that bedrock, and just past basic living necessities, all the pleasures and the pains were just balancing out my narrative experience. I think I have it easy because I can acquire my basic needs, as well as entertain myself, so many things are born into the world without a chance at even the basics, but that isn't to say their life is meaningless, although that's an entirely different point to make. I realized that no matter how you have it, the experiences you constantly subjugate yourself to will always taper out for 'the next step', whether that be more money, an improved self, etc. The way that you see life in a wire frame model makes it so you'll never be happy unless you're making progress, or at least think you are, but in the end it's all impermanent anyway. You've lived in the moment all your life to the point you've forgotten about it. The same as how I fell in love with being alive, I had been doing it without thinking for so long that it became background noise to the next steps that I thought would make me happier. The specifics of ones life will certainly differ n this, but I realized that everything I want out of life in the big picture is already here.

You've already fallen into the trap of the rich by restricting your thoughts to society, playing their game to keep the machines running, not that they realize this from another perspective, they're as invested in the game as you are. And that isn't to say it's useful, human games are as much a driving force of reality as gravity and thermodynamics, just don't forget that they exist to serve a purpose, and that's what this is, being. Money is made by man, so is the idea that it brings you wealth.
>>
>>39596621
i mentioned the trap in my post

i feel like they want you to feel happy with nothing so you suffer either way

i dont know what you mean by the wire frame thing, in reason and idk how to imagine what a wire frame is in this context

how else can you look at it
>>
>>39596668
Again, this may ramble as I'm writing this on the fly.

While we're talking right now the Earth is spinning, and while it's doing that it's flying around the sun, which is caught on the momentum of the arm of a galactic spiral, which is hurtling among others in a series of threads and filaments, and that's as far as we can see outwards. Then in the other direction is a series of elements that react with one another in certain ways based on the structure of their molecules, which are built on the structure of their atoms, built on sub-atomic building blocks built on standard model particles, and that's as far as we can see in that direction. And right here, on our relative middle ground, the elements are doing another thing, they're replicating and growing in ways that for some reason we deem a whole different world to the rest of the way the universe functions. The wire frame is structure, but you think that structure starts at the rise of consciousnesses in man and ends when we've built a Utopian society, which in a sense is true, but again, relative. Think of all the people, all the animals, all the insects and plants that make up bedrocks of one relative system to another, they're all doing the same thing, starting, growing and dying, but the whole thing keeps moving.

What I'm trying to get at, and this is based on my time and thoughts, is I see there being no boundary between myself and the rest of the universe, and that myself, and all things alive, inanimate and conceptual, make up the stage and actors to let the universe be. Human beings are only stand out because we're the most complex stage so far, so that the actor is staging it's own plays, and is capable of knowing the real deal. This is an unconscious process, like how your heart beats, but you are the entire universe, just looking through one eye, because it's exciting to not know. The meaning of life is to live.
>>
>>39596621
>>39596998
Huh, I really like your way of thinking anon. Seemed pretty coherent to me.
>>
>>39597051
While I came into this thinking myself I was not the first to, and I'm using a bit of terminology of Alan Watts because he describes the situation best, so I'd recorded his recordings for further understandings if you don't let the self help guru appearance of the youtube videos fool you. This is all however following basic Buddhist, Zen and Taoist philosophies, so this isn't something I'm making up as I go. I was very apprehensive to spirituality and the eastern ideas before this, but when I was at my lowest this idea of the world came to me like I had known it all my life, and from there I found out it had a name and was already put into words for over a thousand years. Watts is just effective because he bridges the terminology and thoughts from eastern to western ways of thinking.
>>
The best way to get rich is working 60-70 hour weeks and that also stops you from being able to experience what life has to offer, so, pick your poison. A lot of people are middle class because they can't be arsed with the fuss of becoming Rich.

Wealth is also a relative thing, compared to 1000 years ago pretty much everybody talking to this is fairly wealthy in many real ways compared to even a 1%er way back when... maybe with less pussy and status. If everybody was rich nobody would be. The rich will always thus be an exclusive club of people that really want wealth, and people who are just very lucky, and most of all people who are both.
>>
File: 1501808898105.jpg (36KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
1501808898105.jpg
36KB, 400x396px
>>39596998
>I'm the universe
>I can't just will things into reality

Fuck me
>>
>>39598280
You can imagine and dream can't you? You can manipulate matter into things, you can build things, you can destroy things, you can change the way the world looks to you. If you want to really get down to it you're forming the stars and growing the plants in the same way you grow from a child into an adult, unconsciously.

It is your preconceived notions of the world that stop you from seeing it, but those preconceived notions are the same thing as well.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.