[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To any robots that drive: >Do you ever just feel the urge

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1502960584921.gif (287KB, 200x200px)
1502960584921.gif
287KB, 200x200px
To any robots that drive:
>Do you ever just feel the urge to just swerve the wheel as you are driving and purposefully crash and die?
>Almost every day I get that thought in my head sometimes for a second and sometimes its kinda hard to resist
>>
>>39595455
i ask myself every day on my drive would happen if i didn't turn the wheel in a particular sharp turn in the road and just floored it straight ahead at 90 instead
>>
>>39595455
get the same thing when riding my motorbike. sometimes get the urge to just lean back and fall off. really fucking weird and i dont know why I get it
>>
>>39595455
Sometimes I do shit like trying to do the quadratic formula in my head while driving, because I don't care either way what happens
>>
>>39595455
call of the void basically. it happens to a lot of normies, actually.
>>
>>39595582
I get this one a whole lot
also I work in high places a lot so I get the "just disconnect your harness and its all over" feel a lot
>>
File: 1503353012048.png (182KB, 442x400px)
1503353012048.png
182KB, 442x400px
>>39595455
I get this all the time, but before I can act on it I realize that I probably wouldn't die, I'd just wreck my car and be alive and even more miserable.
>>
It's called L'appel du vide' or the call of the void: http://pimediaonline.co.uk/science-tech/lappel-du-vide-the-call-of-the-void/
>>
It's called L'appel du vide' or the call of the void: http://pimediaonline.co.uk/science-tech/lappel-du-vide-the-call-of-the-void/ it's quite common actually.
>>
I do have this problem, but it's not just swerving while driving. They're called instrusive thoughts, and I get them about everything. I get them about like, falling down the stairs and breaking my neck. About my husband falling down the stairs and breaking his neck. About stabbing my hand while I work. Falling face first into the grill. Burning myself with lye.

I've heard hear and there that intrusive thoughts are common in people with OCD. I don't have a diagnosis for OCD but I do have ADHD and anxiety, depression, probable ASD etc

If it helps you any, intrusive morbid thoughts are relatively commonplace. Having these thoughts doesn't mean you want to die, it's usually an error in the brain trying to imagine the worst possible scenario, as if to prepare you for the worst thing that could happen.
>>
Only when I see a young couple walking together
>>
>>39597965
This honestly makes a lot of sense for me. I get these a LOT. I always have intrusive thoughts like that all day at work then whenever I'm at home.
>>
>>39595455
Every time I drive, yeah.
>>
>>39598010
In the same way that people with auto-immune disorders like to imagine their immune system as trying its very best to keep them safe, though misguided, I like to treat my intrusive thoughts similarly. I try to imagine my anxiety is just trying to do the best it can to prepare me for things that would ruin my life. It's a lot easier than imagining myself as a broken person that's worried over dumb shit for no reason.

When it happens, I shake them off like "Man that would suck if that would happen, good thing that would never happen" and do my best to think positively and not be stuck in negative thought circles
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.