[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright guys I'm 18 in my last year of high school I got

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: i want to get off.png (544KB, 592x395px) Image search: [Google]
i want to get off.png
544KB, 592x395px
alright guys I'm 18 in my last year of high school I got an IQ of 132 and I decided not to go to college what should I do?
>>
>>39593210
Drop out and be a NEET like me
t. 143 IQ (>protip: IQ doesn't mean shit)
>>
File: pitytheliving.jpg (122KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
pitytheliving.jpg
122KB, 800x800px
buy your gun now so you have it when you really need it.
>>
iq is worthless

if you are unmotivated to learn then get a job

if you aren't afraid of reading books teach yourself some craft or skill

get certified if you need it, if you don't get a job
t. someone who had an iq of 132 and didnt go to college
>>
>>39593210
>>39593236

Online IQ tests aren't accurate bros.
>>
>>39593303

>>39593236 here.
It was an in-person test with a psychologist
>>
>>39593236
I don't want to be a fuckin loser I wanna do something interesting
I'm thinking about working on cargo ships to see the world
>>
>>39593210
Become a /biz/inessman and/or go to trade school
>>
>>39593340
That you probably took when you were like 12 years old and have been coasting on for over a decade.

You aren't over 100 if you're failing this badly at life. Face the facts.
>>
>>39593340
>paying for an in-person IQ test to determine whether or not to go to college
Then 132 must be a lower score on that IQ test
>>
Trade school

origigiririir
>>
>>39593379
16, but close enough

>>39593400
My school offered it 4FREE
>>
>>39593210
Let's pretend IQ is something real and you actually have a 132 IQ. Here's a little perspective on what that means.

Look it up and you'll see that means you are in the 97.7249937964% percentile. That sounds good, but if you are able to do a little math you can check that this means that in a room of 30 people there is about 50 50 chance that there is someone smarter than you there.

This is room of any 30 random people, not a selected population like a college class (where you'd be even less likely to be the smartest).

So I think you can see that yes you are smarter than average, but at the same time absolutely nothing special at all. So don't get a superiority complex over this little number neet.
>>
>18
>graduating this year
>135 on some bullshit IQ test I took in elementary school
>1570 SAT
>33 ACT
>want to major in mechanical engineering because I'm seriously autistic about cars
>haven't applied anywhere
>have 0 volunteer hours
>have no application essays written because I lead an incredibly boring life
>go to arts school for cello (horrible fucking mistake)
>haven't worked on a solo piece in over a year
>need to have one to audition for scholarships
>absolutely no idea what to do
The smart but lazy thing isn't a meme
>>
>>39593799
Once your parents force you to get a real job you'll grow up a little. Smart but lazy isn't something to be proud of.

You sound like me at 18. I did shit in my 20s and now I'm getting a physics phd in my early thirties. I want some of those years of my life back. Grow up.
>>
I'm not so sure us smarties are entitled to putting ourselves up for bid for higher education I think you're better off seeing for yourself whether you like it or not. You've got the white man's itis which is the weird "Steve Jobs the dropout" thing.
>>
>>39593897
I have a job and I work like 20 hours a week on top of school. I guess I'm not lazy, I just hate high school. I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning because every day is the same shit getting lectured about fucking nonsense by the asshole teachers. The only classes I care about this year are AP Chem and AP Calc BC. AP English Lit and AP Gov are such fucking simple classes. I've already written level 8 essays in English and I get every question right on the multiple choice practice things he gives us. I'm really bitter about school because I feel like I'm sitting here learning about pointless shit that will never affect me because I'm not ever going to need to analyze some random piece of 18th century English literature. I think that part of it is because I go to the arts school and I've wasted 4 years of my life devoting half my time at school to something that I don't even enjoy anymore.
I'm not actually worried about getting into a college, and I hope that things will be a little less awful, especially since APs will let me skip most freshman level classes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.