[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here is also losing their mind due to surroundings? My

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 4L_3EGvfNHn.jpg (24KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
4L_3EGvfNHn.jpg
24KB, 400x380px
Who here is also losing their mind due to surroundings?

My family is doing everything in their power to stop me from playing video games. Each one with their own reason of intent.
>mom thinks playing vidya is the equivalent of doing drugs
>older brother is a hothead meathead fuck and can't stand it watching me play after he comes home from his wageslave job.
>little brother gets pissed because I'm causing a rucus in the house and I'm "ruining everything" for him
>dad wants me to stop because everyone is telling him to do so and giving him shit

My dad is the only one who doesn't care but he's getting driven mad as well because of them.
They removed my computer desk and my ethernet cable so I'm stuck with my laptop in the kitchen. The clicking from my mouse drives my mom and older brother crazy so i cant do shit. Last night there was an episode where my dad slammed my laptop and I lost my shit. I feel like im fucking trapped in this house.

I don't game 8 hours a day. I understand moderation but they basically want me to erase a hobby of mine that I've had since I was fucking 5. I have other hobbies like reading books but I can't stand it knowing that I'm not reading out of my own will and get too frustrated to read. I'm pretty sure something like this is the cause when you see on the news a son killing his entire family.

Thanks for reading make sure to upvote.
>>
>>39591002
Yeah, I fucking hate parents anon. Currently living on my own, not playing vidya much anymore because I'm a poorfag and I guess I only enjoyed Modded Minecraft (it's mostly the intense depression and work sucking my soul hollow though). Don't worry, you'll get out and your parents will constantly wonder "Why oh WHY doesn't anon call us anymore? Were we bad parents?"
You have the last laugh because by kicking your parents to the curb they're not your problem when they get old and need diaper changes. And if your other siblings refuse to do anything with your parents, then fucking kek it serves 'em right.
How you treat your children when they need you will determine how they treat you when they need you.
>>
Set your computer up in the woods with a generator and satellite internet.
>>
>tfw i remember the tyranny of my father getting angry at me on the computer and the internet all the time
>so whenever he was around i'd just go to sleep, when he was away wagecucking i'd skip school and play half life death match or ultima online all day, leave the house just before he got back from shekelsteins, and cycle back after i spotted his car, pretending i was at college.

>tfw, my trick work where i never played computer when he was around, where he trusted me and then went to work abroad for higher pay, leaving the house to me to look after

>tfw dropped out of college, played ultima online all day and all night until he came back almost a year later and kicked me out of the house when he discovered i dropped out and had an over a 1000 pound phone bill/internet bill, in the days of 56k and pay per minute internet in the UK (cUKed).

IT WAS WORTH IT.
>>
>>39591002
Sorry to interupt but I lost interest in vydia and can't find anything that I enjoy anymore, any rec?
>>
>>39591002
Its almost the same with some differences in the details.
Old folk cant understand the concept of virtual reality.For them its a portal to hell, created by devil himself.Where you see games as a field of testing different skills and expressing yourself among others, for them its a perpetuating cycle of doing the same thing.They cant aknowledge technolodgy by its abstract meaning games and virtuality being the fruit of the matter.Parents think its a drug cuz they look for the clue relating the definition drug and asociati g it with the pc, blindlessly neglecting your opinion as if your not with your mind and simply want another dose.Its mass media and News' propaganda and bait they trow into the masses that results in hype and missjudging.
So unless you find something that makes your familiy proud enough to compensate for your gaming you will be left doing"what we woulve done your age"
>>
>>39591540
Not OP, but try Quake Champions.
>>
>>39592635
Yet many of them will happily sit and watch television for hours on end.
>but that's different!
>>
>>39592758
Fucking this. My whole family will plop themselves in front of a TV for 8 hours a day and watch reruns of shows they don't even like but when I get home after college and want to relax by playing some vidya I'm being lazy.
>>
>>39592845
The excuse I always got was that them watching tv together is apparently "social", whereas typing or talking to people online while playing vidya isn't.
>>
>>39592903
I never got that excuse since they all watch it in different rooms, but they would always tell me to go out and "socialize".
>>
>>39591002
>causing a rucus in the house
How does this happen? Do you play at max volume without headphones or something?
>>
>>39591540
Counter strike source is always fun for me when everything else is boring
>>
>>39591540
I'm simple enough to enjoy assfaggots and modded skyrim

If you want some complexity try dcss

>>39592635
Yep nail on the head.

>>39592758
>>39592845
The combination of my skreecher mother and hothead brother is so fucking toxic it kills me. They always rile eachother up to the point where they're screaming at me and then blame me for causing a scene. If one of these scenes I happen to lose my cool, they always blame the video games. I happen to stay cool headed and have a high tolerence for bullshit but man they really know how to push me over the edge and make me look bad.

>>39592931
It's not social if youre forcing it

>>39592945
I mean when my mom and older bro are constantly screaming at me. They take that built up energy and take it out on my little brother too.

I haven't played assfaggots in 5 days I'm dying inside
>>
>>39592945
>The clicking from my mouse drives my mom and older brother crazy
>>
>>39591002
Your parents/family are right.
Listen to them.
For your own sake listen to them.
>>
>>39593066
I understand where you're coming from but constantly having the tightening of the chest feeling and the contriction of the neck is driving me nuts.

It's not about the video games man... It's about the freedom
>>
>>39591540
Try Paint the Town Red. It a good vidya.
>>
>>39593122
>Justifying yourself to a dumb fuck from this board

Born to be cucked, it seems...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.