[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw spent 1.8k on PC >finally got the last 3 parts today

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

>tfw spent 1.8k on PC
>finally got the last 3 parts today
>been watching videos on how to build a pc all week
>probably going to fuck something up

Any robots build their pc or just buy prebuilt?
>>
>brainlet doesn't know how to solve a puzzle
>>
Ae you using the standard intel or a custom fan? A very easy way to fuck up is to apply too much. It sounds like a stupid mistake, but not when you get the small bag with the fan. (Always good to use the custom fans custom paste for the custom fan material.)
>>
>spend 1800 dollars to play overwatch and watch youtube videos
Nigger tier money management
>>
>>39586898
Everything is plug and play nowadays, nigga. Don't touch shit with magnets, stay ground so you don't static shock anything and slap that bitch together.
>>
I actually just build my first PC too. A pin of the motherboard broke because I applied too much force apparently. I put the CPU Cooler and then I saw that the cable was short to plug in the motherboard, so I take out the cooler and the CPU was glued. Almost broke all the pins.

I managed to get it going on but my GPU is fucking me up, I can't play games, I even RMA and still can't fucking play.

It's not hard to assemble a PC, but why do I have to be so unlucky?
>>
You cannot fuck up except you discharge some stored electricity onto the components.

You don't need to touch the BIOS, except moving the logical order of booting devices.
1st will be your USB-Stick/DVD drive.

After having installed Windows, you go on and install GPU driver, which is already enough to get a fully working PC.
>>
>>39586898
I regret buying a gaming PC, I don't play that many games and most of the time just browse 4chan/Youtube.

At this point I'm not even interested in vidya anymore, how sad.
>>
>>39586970
im using stock fan so i dont have to worry about applying thermal paste.
>>39586979
but i want to play witcher 3 and my current computer has a gtx 645 and it lags a lot.
>>39587096
Damn that is unfortunate anon, hopefully you bought from amazon or newegg and not some shit like NCIX so your RMA should go smoothly.
>>
>>39586898
visit the pc building general on /g/
>>
>>39586898

i bought a dell pc for less than $300 like seven years ago and it's been great ever since. I used to stream on twitch while playing poker, and never had any issues. i stream all kinds of tv and videos from espn, youtube, etc.

unless you want to play competitive vidya while streaming yourself and watching videos and bruteforcing an encryption, i don't get why fags buy four-figure pcs.
>>
I'll usually have microcenter build the first iteration, and then I'll swap out parts myself as needed until I feel the need to do a full rebuild.
>>
i stopped worrying about breaking my shit when i was able to afford a quality hard plate mobo and a case that wasn't just flimsy sheet metal box.

a good mobo you don't have to worry about snapping.
the biggest thing is mounting the CPU cooling wrong, that's where you want to pay the most attention.

i had my fucking heatsink fall off onto my shit one time because i had it mounted wrong.
>>
>>39587270
/g/ is going to laugh at him for spending that much money just to play games
>>
>>39586898
Built my PC. One problem that I ran into and freaked out about was plugging in certain cords in certain slots on my graphics card. Figured it out eventually. It's like child's play now.
>>
File: 1488390978291.jpg (65KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1488390978291.jpg
65KB, 400x388px
>>39586898
i built mine after watching videos and its doing fine after a year, pretty much only play tekken nowadays though
even though i have all the time in the world on my hands
>>
>>39586898
>bought high end pc last year
>played games for two months
>got back to 4chan
>money wasted
i was never a smart one
>>
>>39586898
yes i built mine by my own
only problem i have to worry about it heating and cooling( from the dust and what not)
>>
>>39586898
How come did you watch videos on how to build a pc if you are still building it?
This sounds, to say the least, suspicious.

Op is fake.

and gay
>>
Meh, atleast I only spend 950 Euros on my new PC.

I have actually not much motivation to play games anymore, the spark is lost.

I hope VR will turn out okay eventually, meaning real games and not some stupid tech demos.
I hope that this new interface, new experience will spark my interests again.
>>
As long as you didn't buy a super small compact case, it's easy as shit. You can probably find a youtube vid build guide that uses your case to help.
>>
I built one this year, I'm an autistic low IQ shut in but I managed it. Though the first time I tried to power it on it wouldn't do anything, so I tried pressing in the 24-pin connector further and redid those case power/reset/led connectors, it worked fine after that. You'll do fine OP
>>
>>39586898
It's just a series of plugging wires into sockets. Impossible to fuck up.
>>
>>39586898
The more you spend time on pc the more you get away from pic related.
>>
I did this when I was 14 yo, if you cant do it yourself you are a brainlet
>>
It's really not all that hard or easy to fuck up. The real skill is picking good parts, cable management, and being able to diagnose the issue if one of the parts you bought is broken. It's easier than it used to be when you had to deal with shit like IRQs and every case wanted to shred your hands apart and make them bleed.

I think a $1800 PC is a waste of a waste though, once I start getting to that level I'll start investing in I/O or just start spending money on something else.
>>
>>39586898
>first computer
>1.8k
What the fuck are you using this PC for that you needed to spend nearly 2 grand on it?
Returns on performance start to decline after that 1k mark.
>>
First PC build took me 4 hours and that was when I was 16 10 years ago. Now I recently just built a PC for some super ultra gaming fanboy who wanted an Intel 7700K overclocked to 5 GHz and a GTX 1080Ti. He also wanted flashing lights for his case. but really, It's braindead easy. Just follow your motherboard manual closely, and make a step by step planing what you're going to do first.

Also, did you get an anti-static wrist strap? 5 dollars can save you thousands.
>>
File: faggots can't work legos.jpg (839KB, 3408x2214px) Image search: [Google]
faggots can't work legos.jpg
839KB, 3408x2214px
>>39587268
You always need to use thermal paste you raging faggot.

Also who the fuck spends 1800 on a build and doesn't get at least 212 evo.

Also why would you spend that much and buy an and chip is you're gaming. Single core performance is the biggest deal in games and amd's single core is ass.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.