[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>therapist says I need to socialize more >ask her how to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 1484160155399.jpg (46KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484160155399.jpg
46KB, 645x773px
>therapist says I need to socialize more
>ask her how to socialize if I hate people and having conversations
>"lol just try it Anon. People aren't that bad haha."
>>
Yeah, we're not that bad!
Send me an iTunes gift card.
>>
I need to get the iTunes
>>
>>39584110
>he has a female therapist
if you're a guy, get a guy
if you're a girl, get a girl
>>
Are you still there anonymous
>>
>>39584110
My therapist is a female my age hot as fuck too she wears clothes that let me see her tits when ever she bends over, anyhow she said the same thing to me yesterday like wtf?
>>
File: 1504035214126.png (107KB, 817x920px) Image search: [Google]
1504035214126.png
107KB, 817x920px
>>39584110
If people aren't that bad why do they make my life a living hell.
>>
>>39584253
Help me get iTunes
>>
>>39584158
Wrong.
If you're a guy, get a guy
If you're a girl, get a guy
Seriously, chicks are not trustworthy
>>
File: 1477267387178.jpg (454KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1477267387178.jpg
454KB, 2000x1859px
>falling for the therapist meme
Mmm, but how do you feel?
>>
>hs teacher detects anxiety
>sends me to school therapist
>she starts giving me the normie talk
>literally "just bee urself"
>gives me a brochure for some youth group
>says she will see me tomorrow
>don't show up

Hopefully they aren't all as bad as she was. I feel like I could only trust a therapist who knows that feel.
>>
>>39584324
Unexpected insight, here. A female shrink is f a r more likely to believe in magical thinking for solving issues, whereas a man would look at the subject as a tiered system from the mechanistic to the spiritual level, with the lower levels as the root cause of higher-level problems.
Same reason there aren't any good female anythings.
>>
File: 1504655341099.jpg (40KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1504655341099.jpg
40KB, 250x239px
>female therapist
Ummm, sweetie...
>>
Did she actually say "lol"? Because that would be... Something else to say the least.
>>
I'm a trainee therapist. What modality does your therapist work in (CBT, psychodynamic, etc.) because I'm not sure how helpful advice like "Go out and sociaize anon, it's not so bad!" is when you're operating under the assumption that you"hate people and having conversations".

I would want to a) look at why you held those thoughts and beliefs and b) collaboratively devise a way to test your assumptions in a specific, quantifiable way.

Telling your patient "lol just talk to people k? peeps is nice." isn't IMHO the best strategy. It also borders on unilateral advice giving, which therapist shouldn't really do.
>>
>>39584110
what the fuck do people expect from therapists. you should know it's useless before you even go.
>>
>>39584110
Hve you ever talked to yours aboit traps? I asked mine if it was vay to like traps and she didnt know what a trap was it was very weird after that..
>>
>>39584659

Numerous studies and vast amounts of research say otherwise but im sure youre an expert.
>>
>>39584808
Hm yes, psychological research. Up there with sociological research.
>>
>>39584110
This is where you ask her if she would socialize with you if she wasn't being paid to do it.
>>
File: 1501064960415.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1501064960415.png
208KB, 807x935px
>>39584352
This. Therapist is the biggest meme career ever. It's beyond a fucking joke people get paid to do that shit. I'm so glad there are other anons who don't buy into their bullshit.
>>
>>39584861

Shit, youre right. OK guys. Scrap all clinical psychology and psychiatry. It's not a "hard science" so it's completely useless.

Friend has bipolar disorder or PTSD? We've devised treatment protocols that indicate a reductions of symptoms for the majority of patients and an improvement in the patient's subjective quality of life measurement but LOL NO it's not STEM so in the trash it goes.
>>
>>39584444
there is no point to responding seriously to these kinds of posts. the OP story likely didn't happen or the OP isn't seeing a real therapist with a proper regimen.
>>
>>39584808
obviously it makes some normies feel better to have someone to vent on
>>
Nothing is going to help you if you visit this place a lot. This place warps your thinking. That's essentially what a therapist is meant to do, change your thinking, but if you're constantly immersing yourself here with the opposite advice/general outlook it's obviously not going to work.

Leaving 4chan for good will help you more than any therapist
>>
>>39584915

Damn she would get so fucking outplayed
>>
File: 46004743.jpg (73KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
46004743.jpg
73KB, 800x500px
>tell my therapist my viriginity is what is causing my psychological problems
>therapist doesn't offer to take my virginity

wtf, i thought therapists were supposed to help?
>>
>>39584110
Have you ever thought about raping her?
>>
>>39584915
>>39584990
They always say they would. Even when I tell them that their career is nothing but emotional prostitution, they still pretend like I'm a decent person that they would be willing to be friends with. What a joke
>>
>>39585239
This is where you ask for her number and have her prove her word
>>
>>39585184
sexual frustration is the main reason for male psychological problems and they still don't offer sexual relief. it's ridiculous.
>>
Correct response from an ethical therapist asked "would you be my friend?":

"Therapy is not a social relationship. Therapists have a duty of care to their patients that necessitates that the therapist's needs are not a determining factor in the therapy. If the therapeutic relationship was a social one, that patient's need wouldn't be able to be put first."
>>
>>39585184

Go see a prostitute if you believe that.
>>
>>39585344
More like the weasel way out of it
>>
>in highschool
>mom has alcoholic jobless boyfriend
>he plays nascar at max volume in the same room i try to play dota 1
>anyway i have a bad relationship with mother and the boyfriend at this point
>mom surprises me by dropping by her psychiatrist friend so I am in a session
>I figure that this is about the home situation so i explain it
>psychiatrist recommends taking up some kind of martial art to feel more in control of my life
>says to also look at this way after highschool you won't even be living at home anyway if you go off to uni or get an apt
>i pick up muay thai and it helps lots

tfw don't relate to the therapy is a scam feels
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.