[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay anons, I hit the breaking point. I have a 4 year degree

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1504636298528.png (436KB, 586x868px) Image search: [Google]
1504636298528.png
436KB, 586x868px
Okay anons, I hit the breaking point.

I have a 4 year degree fully paid for.

I realized money is all that matters in this world, so I know I'm autistic enough to work hard enough to do whatever I want.

Disregarding interests, what degree pays the most in the long run?
>>
>>39574783
>what degree pays the most in the long run?
the most successful college major is business by a wide margin, then i think medicine, then engineering
>>
>>39574783

I should prolly add I have been here for a while, I know I can break past this.
>>
>>39574823

I've been thinking engineering because I suck with people, but if the others have convincing arguments I can do this
>>
>>39574783
Correction, money is all that matters to normalfag mongoloids.
>>
>>39574864

Well fuck anon, help me out if you can.
>>
>>39574850
>I suck with people
if you cant build connections there's no point in pursuing anything, the best oppurtunities come with nepotism
>>
>>39574905

Anon, I can fake it like a champ. Only reason I have college paid for is I can fake it amazingly. I would like to avoid that but if you know something that involves that I would love to hear
>>
>what degree pays the most in the long run?
This can depend on many factors. What are your personal interests and skills? People get cucked into a degree all the time. Anon please don't fall for a meme degree and do research.
>>
>>39574823
>>39574783
To be successful in business or medicine you need to be able to network, excel in interviews/meetings and flourish socially. Obviously this is even more true for business than medicine but it goes for both of them.
If you are not socially adept then you'll either fail or end up punching numbers for some dead end cubicle farm HR job.

I'd go engineering.
>>
>>39574969

Thanks anon, that is a more honest answer than I got anywhere. I can pass as a failed normie, but I will not live like this any more.

>>39574969

Thanks anon, that goes far.
>>
Well, the answer shouldn't come as much of a surprise. It's the STEM fields, the usual suspects. In particular computer science/engineering pay well on average. If you don't want to study science or technology you can also make quite a lot with a degree in finance or economics (which I can vouch for). I'd offer a few pieces of advice.

1. Don't think that because you have the "right" degree you will automatically be granted a high paying job straight out of school. You'll need to spend a few months applying to dozens and dozens of jobs and it's going to suck. You can ameliorate this to an extent if you maintain a high GPA and/or get a relevant internship in your junior or senior year.

2. Don't bank all of your hopes on graduate school unless you are absolutely 100% certain that you're going to graduate school. This means don't get a degree in "pre-" anything e.g. pre-med, pre-law. These degrees are worthless if you don't actually follow through all of the way to the end and get an advanced degree.
>>
>>39574783

Entrepreneurship. You don't make it big by being someone else's bitch.
>>
Do I have a shot at being able to finish my electrical engineering studies if I'm a brainlet? Never did particulary well in maths in highschool, but wasnt bad either.
>>
>>39574783
>Disregarding interests, what degree pays the most in the long run?
chemical engineering
>>
>>39574823
bussiness pays shit, mostly because bisness majors are the kind of people who are too stupid to look up the average wages of business majors, and just pick it because of a sterotype.

Use the fucking stats
http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/majors-that-pay-you-back/bachelors
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.