[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>major in sociology >90% of this major is just shilling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1480103544050.jpg (7KB, 196x260px) Image search: [Google]
1480103544050.jpg
7KB, 196x260px
>major in sociology
>90% of this major is just shilling for feminism and socialjustice and learning about marx
What do I do? Should I switch majors?
>>
Yes you fucking idiot.

kek that wasn't original.
>>
yeah switch to a language and move to another country
>>
>>39573430
sociology is only good for BSing your way through college to get a job that needs "a degree"

trade schools are for robots
>>
Even if there wasn't any shilling, why would you major in sociology?
>>
>>39573456
I thought learning about and researching social phenomena would be fun
>>
become a commie feminists OP
>>
>>39573430
>hates straight white men
>learning about marx
really activates my almonds
>>
>>39573450
Why? I'm comfy here
>>
>>39573470
Switch your major before it's too late. You're not learning any employable skills taking sociology classes.
>>
>>39573488
Marx was a jew
>>39573494
>employable skills
What would you recommend? There was a marketing degree offered at another university but it was incredibly fucking expensive. At this university, sociology tuition is worth about 1/12 of that marketing tuition (with scholarships)
>>
>>39573430
Holy shit , eject you dong.
What the hell did you expect?
Sociology is for people that found psychology too hard. 0 scientific rigor
>>
>>39573430
Get a fucking HVAC certification, you'll make more money than with that shit-ass degree.

Don't get me wrong, the actual study of sociology is deeply engaging and I think everyone should read more about it, but as a degree, it holds next to no merit.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>39573430
>>90% of this major is just shilling for feminism and socialjustice and learning about marx

no it isnt you brainlet.
>>
>>39573524
Trade school, no job is beneath you and succesfully climbing the ladder will grant you a good life
>>
>>39573430
>Sociology degree

What the fuck do you expect to do with that, become a teacher and reteach the same diarrhea to the next generation of stupid dipshits stupid enough to fall for a sociology degree?

Yes you fucking moron, switch majors before it's too late. Or if you are too chickenshit to do that, just drop out. You'll be better off saving 4 years of your life and thousands of dollars than wasting it on a sociology degree which will get you nowhere in life.
>>
Sociology after Durkheim was a mistake.
>>
Get a construction related degree or skill anon.

I have a degree in construction management and work as an estimator/project manager.

Every single white collared and blue collared working is making a lot of money.

The more experienced and educated the more you earn.
>>
>>39575266
This isn't a bad idea

OP you need to do something else, sociology is a fucking meme and all you are doing is building a bridge to nowhere
>>
>>39573430
>Poli sci major
>Professors aren't that bad but the major is filled with a bunch of uppity liberal cunts who're convinced they'll be the fucking president one day
>>
>>39575461
Your degree is just as worthless as OPs

Jesus fucking Christ, stop beating around the bush, just don't go to college if you are going to waste your time and money studying worthless stupid shit. Just be a full time NEET for 4 years, you'll have the same outcome with less debt.
>>
>>39573470
In this day and age you can't afford to take a fun major most of the time.

Get into something that will lead to a job and an internship so you can get the fuck out of here an attain normiehood.
>>
>>39575490
I'm pre-grad m8, looking to get a PhD
The professor life is top-tier /comfy/ if you can get there but it's really competitive
>Live near campus, virtually all needs provided for
>Tenure for maximum job security
>Grad students practically do your job for you
It won't be easy but I believe in myself
>>
>>39573430
Yes what where you thinking.

Go into engineering.
>>
>>39575519
You also have to be willing to dig a trench as a postdoc, which you then spend the rest of your career defending. Which is, of course, the exact opposite of what people think knowledge is.
>>
>>39573430
wow why would you learn about Karl Marx in Sociology? makes 0 sense! just be STEM master race anon XD!!1!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.