[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What music does /r9k/ listen to? >favorite band, favorite

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Elvis Pepely.png (24KB, 492x475px) Image search: [Google]
Elvis Pepely.png
24KB, 492x475px
What music does /r9k/ listen to?
>favorite band, favorite album/song from them
I will start

>Muse, Exogenesis
>Gorillaz, Plastic Beach(album)
>Jethro Tull, Aqualung(song)
>>
File: 1502301021727.png (299KB, 504x465px) Image search: [Google]
1502301021727.png
299KB, 504x465px
>>39572938
>Teenage girlcore
>Literal children's music
>Dadrock

Holy shit kill yourself OP your taste is garbage
>>
>Tool/Lateralus/The Grudge
>>
Opera mozart and and Hildegard von Bingen are my personal favorites
>>
Autechre
Autechre - Quaristice Quadrange (LP5 if you have autism)
Autechre - Keynell AE Remix B
>>
I listen to bands like Megadeth,in flames and yellowcard.
>>
>>39572938
SITTING ON THE PARK BENCH
>>
>>39572938
Type O Negative and Soundgarden.
>>
File: hehe,,,.jpg (8KB, 222x216px) Image search: [Google]
hehe,,,.jpg
8KB, 222x216px
>>39573052
I'll have you know muse is also dadrock
>>
>Type O Negative, October Rust
>The Ramones, Rocket to Russia
>Sisters of Mercy, First and Last and Always
>Joy Division, Unknown Pleasures

Roast me
>>
>>39572938
>>39573080
>>39573224
I like these

I will however not post my favorites because I have commitment issues and cant name anything I love enough to call it a favorite
>>
>>39573281
>Unknown Pleasures
Bigger meme than Kanye
>>
>>39573052
NIgga, I will fite u

Plastic Beach was an unusually good album from an otherwise "eh" band.

>>39572938
I just never talk to people about music because it's probably one of the most varied things that 99% of the population partakes. It just kinda devolves to a very boring "yeah I like that too" or shitflinging. Very rarely will I have a good discussion that involves deeply talking about a particular song or album and why it's good/bad/etc;
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 160x160px
>The Beatles, mild high club, David Bowie
>David Bowie-Heathen
>David Bowie-Heathen
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Stumbleine

Who /glofi/ here?
>>
>>39573401
this
i like some gorillaz songs other than plastic beach but the new album is gay so plastic beach is the only gorillaz album you could play any song from and i would like it
>>
Sabaton/The Last Stand/Rorke's Drift
Pls no bully, I'm very picky with music
>>
>>39573052
Well this is what i have been up to lately,

Frank Zappa
Mike Oldfield
Freddie Hubbard - Sing me a song of songmy
Nocturnus - the key
Fleet Foxes - Crack up
Electric Wizard
Chelsea Wolfe
Death

OP you sould try to develop your tastes and find more stuff that you like. Dont listen to people and normies when they judge you and say stuff like "dadrock", in fact i recommend you to try to get into something like prog rock (see Jetro Tull's Thick as a Brick) and look for new stuff. You may not like the music at first and it takes patience to listen for the first time 20 mins long songs, but some genres and albums may take more than one listen to click. Pay attention to the intrumentation and the lyrics.
>>
>>39573482
exact opposite for me. it's got some top tier songs but only about half of them are worth listening to
>liking sweepstakes or super fast jellyfish

any of the prior albums I can't think of any song I don't like
>>
>>39572938
>Grouper, Toru Okada, Armor For Sleep
>Albums: The Man Who Died In His Boat, TO's Self-Titled, Dream To Make Believe
>Songs: Living Room, Kiss Me Through The Computer Screen, Basement Ghost Singing
>>
>>39573590
>have Tubular Bells on vinyl
>friends come over for D&D
>tell them to put on something
>they pick Tubular Bells at random
>"LOL ANON IS THIS THE EXORCIST SOUNDTRACK"

Fucking hell
>>
>>39572938
>gorillaz
Some of their older songs were pretty comfy desu, most of their recent stuff is ok

Brendon Small/ Triton
Frank Ocean/Ivy
Gorillaz/El Manana
Cruisr/Kidnap Me
Rammstein/Alter Mann
>>
>>39573591
I know, I thought sweepstakes was trash at first but somehow i like it now. i hate almost all rap but I like those both
>>
>New york dolls self titled
>sid vicious sid lives
>the germs GI

fuck you im punker than anything
>>
>Queens of the Stone Age
>...Like Clockwork
>Go with the flow
>>
>>39572938
Classical Music- Wagner, Stravinsky, Ravel, Beethoven, Debussy, Mozart

Honestly just a handful of pieces from each of these composers.

I like Com Truise and Tycho. Gorillaz Demon days was good. Damon Albarn has talent. I'll also listen to video game tracks like the Spirit Tracks OST plus Naruto OST. For a period of time, I listened to James Bond OST

I have very specific music tastes. I used to listen to Tupac and Biggie for my rap tastes back in high school. I stopped though. I also enjoyed some rock bands back then but not so much anymore. It just doesn't excite me anymore like the video game tracks or even the classical
>>
>>39573918
You ever listen to Holst? His Planets Suite is very nice. I enjoy thematical compositions.

>>39573820
YOU'RE A WINNER
Gorillaz is a good entry-level group for rap. Not in an insulting manner, I mean that it's a decent introduction to the genre.
>>
tfw you like a genre that has a mainstream, modernized form and the original form is destroyed beyond recognition but normals still call it the same name
https://youtu.be/gj0IyyB3RTk
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.