[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>family goes on rant about me wanting to drink alcohol >talking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: x3xkm622-1400582645.jpg (114KB, 926x641px) Image search: [Google]
x3xkm622-1400582645.jpg
114KB, 926x641px
>family goes on rant about me wanting to drink alcohol
>talking about how I'm on medication and probation
>I'll have a psychotic episode or act stupid and get arrested according to them
>I got drunk this very morning with a friend and just ate chips and petted animals, no psychotic symptoms literally at all

And if I told them I've gotten drunk since developing schizophrenia they'll just get all mad and not realize that their ideas of how alcohol will affect me has been empirically proven wrong

I guess I just have to keep my alcohol drinking low-key right lads?
>>
Reply to my thread and show me sympathy please
>>
>>39572817
What are you on probation for?
>>
>>39572817
find out exactly what you should not take with your medication and show them what a real psychotic episode looks like
>>
>>39572817
my friends brother has schizophrenia. well actually he has something else because they've been hesitant to diagnose him, but its basically like schizophrenia. he doesn't really drink but mostly he abuses cough syrup and that has gotten him in a lot of trouble.
but anyway i don't really know your exact situation but i'd be careful drinking. doing it with a friend is probably good. i doubt telling your family will help anyone.
>>
>>39573209
Breaking into a bookstore during a psychotic episode in March of 2016
>>
you get busted on probation and you re fucked dude,

going to prison
>>
>>39573321
I've gotten drunk twice since developing schizophrenia and nothing's happened. I would not try drugs though, not even weed
>>
>>39573365
Yeah but alcohol only stays in your system for like 3 days and my officer hasn't piss tested me for 5 months and I'd be drinking with friends or at home and not at bars. I feel invincible
>>
>>39573416

are you an alcoholic or what, prison is worse than however good you think alcohol tastes
>>
weed is great man, for sure it would help witch psychotic episodes, it calms the mind as it cleanses the spirit
>>
on the other hand alcohol just breaks down all the barriers you build up to contain your dark side. not cool. find another outlet, like sports or whatever, be creative
>>
to my knowledge alcohol really isn't associated with induing psychotic episodes unless you're an addict in withdrawal.
I've had psychosis multiple times and alchy has never been a problem before.
they work on the same receptors as benzos which are often used to prevent psychotic behavior.

the few times i've smoked weed have really fucked me up.
once I went full schizo and landed myself in a ward and the other two times I was made basically catatonic for hours just trying to contain my senses and not lose my mind.

I used to abuse couch medicine because it significantly reduced anhedonia and that occasionally caused some problems but never full on psychosis.

>>39573543
yeah fuck you faggot
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.