[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are hobbies you NEVER see women have? I'll start.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13

File: ree.jpg (50KB, 499x600px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
50KB, 499x600px
What are hobbies you NEVER see women have? I'll start.

>music composing
>>
Women will pick up a hobby only if it benefits her. You can find women in every hobby pretending to enjoy it so they can take advantage of being one of the only girls in the hobby scene.
>>
>>39572337
>OS construction while introducing glowing fellows with a bumper
>>
Is being a virgin and being smart a hobby?
>>
File: wojak-suicide-57fbf34784a46.jpg (312KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
wojak-suicide-57fbf34784a46.jpg
312KB, 1059x962px
>>39572432
>tfw this resonated with me stronger than it should have

Please, someone prove this guy wrong. I can't, my whole life reaffirms exactly what he said. PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS JUST A MEME
>>
>>39572432
>only if it benefits her
isn't that why people pick up hobbies? because they personally enjoy them thus benefiting them?
>>
>>39572544
No. Most people pick up a hobby solely because they enjoy it.
>>
Women in general only pursue consumptive non participatory hobbies and the minority that have productive hobbies only produce very very bland matieral that is just an echo of the current zeitgeist

About 50% of men lack a real hobby but its closer to 95% for women
>>
>>39572544
Benefits her personally in her social sphere, as opposed to having her take pleasure in the hobby for its own sake. The meaning was clear regardless.
>>
>>39572591
What kind of hobbies are women supposed to have?
>>
>>39572544
Yeah. What he forgets to mention is that guys are more often just as manipulative and shallow as girls. Only difference is guys are up front and girls have this sort of nuance to it . And the current American justice system/media corps support them all the way.
>>
>>39572544
posting on r9k everyday is a hobby. The enjoyment does not benefit you, it's detrimental to your life. However it benefits women by inflating their ego
>>
File: 1499986890055.png (271KB, 519x319px) Image search: [Google]
1499986890055.png
271KB, 519x319px
>>39572337
>shortwave radio
>military surplus firearm collecting or gun collecting in general
>>
>>39572618
>asking this question

You do realize how you're fitting the stereotype. Now you want us to pick your hobby for you, which really runs home the idea that everything a woman does is something she learned from a man. Do you have no individuality?
>>
>>39572618
I know a girl that cross stiches.
>>
>>39572653
I just want to know which hobbies you find legitimate. I do archery for example and I'm not sure if that falls under "girl only does it to seem different" category
>>
>>39572521
Tell your story Anon. What lies have you witnessed the roastie commit?
>>
>>39572618
They aren't "supposed" to have any kind of hobby, it's just that the hobbies they happen to pick up are rarely ever involved.

Women like watching tv, they like talking to friends, they like reading, only a tiny tiny minority of women have a hobby were they make or do something and only a tiny minority of them aren't producing the exact same thing as all their peers.

Compared to men who at the very low end are still playing fairly involved video games, lifting weights and other non productive but non passive hobbies and many are also engaged in actual productive hobbies like programming, dnd dming, building things, drawing, ect.

Of course I'm not saying this is always case but it's the trend. As in all things women tend towards passivity and conformity and men tend towards activity and novelty.
>>
There are no female bugchasers.
>>
>>39572711
Nah it falls under the "Just watched the Hunger Games" category. Or any hollywood movie set in ye olden times with a female watrior.
>>
>>39572337
no women car people beyond "haha nice/haha shit" tier
no women build scale models
no women have any related hobbies that build a skill that could legitimately help them in life
>>
File: 1504587637254.png (156KB, 596x590px) Image search: [Google]
1504587637254.png
156KB, 596x590px
>>39572730
I been hunting for a girl who had the same hobbies as me for the past 11 years.

Tons say they like to draw/write, etc. Then we meet up and I find out what they consider writing to be is that poem they did in 1st grade. Or a drawing they did 6 years ago.

FUCKING TOASTIE ROASTIES. They put this shit on their profiles on dating sites or they mislead me, because my social circle knows I write a lot. So I get girls who approach me to tell me they like writing also, and when I pry info from them I find out they're full of shit and haven't written anything.
>>
>>39572803
i've always wanted to write but I'm too much of a detail autist and engineerbrain that it kinda ends up technical manual tier if nobody bounces off of it and I just do the writing all myself.
>>
Video gaming is somehow more of a true hobby than a sport
>>
I've never met another girl into amateur game development
>>
File: mfw 12 days ago.png (22KB, 777x152px) Image search: [Google]
mfw 12 days ago.png
22KB, 777x152px
>>39572867
I heard lots of girls say they wanted to write. Then they ghost me when I'm about to help teach them how to write.

Recent craigslist girl sent me this email after us talking back and forth and her saying she's into writing (THE WHOLE FUCKING EMAIL WAS ABOUT LOOKING FOR A WRITING BUDDY)

After we talked for a while and it was finally time for us to write together, she ghosted me with this as her last message. FUCK roasties
>>
>>39572933
Don't try to find a friend to be your girlfriend
This is a common mistake
It's a situation of "don't shit where you eat"
>>
>>39572985
what do you mean? I didn't want to date her, I was just looking for a writing buddy and this really confirmed they're all full of shit
>>
>chiropractor :)
Proof: comment was not original
>>
>>39572337
>tfw no cute girl to paint you exquisite pictures or write you an incredible piece of music
I'll never be madly in love with a genius girl because of her incredible talent and passion.

this feel is too surreal
>>
>>39572622
how can you be manipulative and shallow if you are up front.
Males are most certainly not like females in that regard. Some are, but for completely different reasons
>>
File: Train.jpg (769KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Train.jpg
769KB, 2304x1536px
>>39572337
Toy trains.

>tfw a qt grill will never play with my antique toy train
>>
>>39572521
I've met several girls with a hobby.
My hobby is dominated by girls. The primary activity in the hobby takes a lot of effort and there's even more effort that isn't the primary activity. Sure many of them are friends with other girls doing it in the same place and they'll small talk while doing the work but you still mostly do all the stuff by yourself.
>>
>>39573253
>HE CAN'T EVEN NAME THE HOBBY
>>
>>39573233
>postwar on fastrack
for why
>>
>>39572521
If it makes you feel any better, my favorite hobby is autistic and does nothing for my social circle. It's also pretty equal between men and women, no gender imbalance (except for in the professional field). I've never even made a friend doing it ahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahaha
>>
>>39573288
It's prewar.

Thought the Fastrack would be nice, especially on carpet, but I found it to be ridiculously loud and sold it. I only use tubular now.
>>
>>39572653
How is that different from a guy asking about new hobbies to look into?
>>
>>39573324
yeah, it's autistically expensive too. I still have my sets that got me into the hobby that are fastrack but I have some old tubular I need to get rid of cause I can't run on it, which sucks.
>tfw have both the minuteman launcher and target car, and the target car's air pump works
>tfw same for the missile rack and exploding TNT car
all repops except for the TNT car but worth
>>
>>39572337
>tabletop games
>any instrument that isn't acoustic guitar/ukulele
>>
>>39573387
Post your figures /tg/
>>
>>39572432

Agreed. I play paintball and the very few women who play this are a bunch selfie me me me me whores. I'm convinced women don't actually enjoy anything except getting attention.
>>
>>39573387
I know a girl that plays saxophone
>>
>>39573685
she's playing it for
>uhh look at me boys I'm so special I play on saxophone
>>
File: IMG_4233.png (151KB, 268x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4233.png
151KB, 268x308px
I like to build and collect mobile suits, but I never speak about it other than /m/ and the occasional gundam thread. No one irl knows, and by that I mean I have no friends to talk about my hobby with.
>>
>>39573685
>most annoying instrument plays most annoying instrument
>>
File: 1487830635278.jpg (2MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1487830635278.jpg
2MB, 1600x1067px
>>39572337
I'll be honest I don't really care if a girl has a hobby or not. I imagine being a girl is already kinda a hobby. Whereas with men we get hobbies in order to be men. Woman is already woman, she has hobby built-in. I'd rather see a stupid girl who exercises a lot than a smart girl who is less attractive. If both then I will fall in love but that is a rarity. Guys can be smart and /fit/ because they are just two hobbies and both serve to craft male identity which would otherwise be non-existent. But girls have female identity without the need for hobbies, so it is kinda difficult for women to cultivate beauty and smarts at the same time seeing as smartness is just a hobby that doesn't add to her sense of identity, it's just an activity. There are exceptions tho. There tend to be lots of pretty girls who draw, but almost no pretty girls in the medical profession or sciences. I have seen some pretty programmer gfs in my time but they are actually too autistic to realize they are pretty. fembots are typically not pretty but that should not come as a surprise because male robots are typically not good looking either. Many things to consider. For example hobbies are kinda a waste if they get in the way of being a healthy, functional human being. Too many people get involved in intellectual hobbies and neglect their physical health and appearance, as if one will make up for the other. It won't. You are just so lazy that you think your one or two or maybe three interests make you impressive enough not to cultivate a healthy lifestyle.
It don't.
Gotta do it all family, first step stop wasting time.
>>
>>39573630
I will when I get home, got almost 100 at this point. Not any high quality pieces but I enjoy having them
>>
>>39574035
I think you're full of it and you won't deliver.
>>
I know a girl who raps.
One who plays flute, a cellist, a few who play piano, and a couple that play bass.
I know a girl who makes short films.
I know many who do yoga and meditation.
I know one who does taxidermy.
I know several that grow their own weed.
I know a girl who DM's for DND and is working on her Doctorate.
I know a girl who writes for her local newspaper.
I know another who leads her own creative writing group.
Etc.
(Yes, I realize I'm posting in a womin h8 thread)
>>
>>39574084
>taxidermy
That's a rare one. I bet she's an interesting person.
>>
>>39573301
Shut it roastie, did I say you could speak?
>>
>>39574084
>I know a girl who DM's for DND and is working on her Doctorate.
its like the DM have his GF in the party but worse.
who the fuck does taxidermy as a hobby?
>>
i'm a fembot
>>39572337
i'm composing music right now in fl studio and i'm working on my own piano album

>>39572796
i want to learn about cars because i have constant anxiety that mine is going to break down and i won't know what to do. shit is an expensive hobby tho.

>>39573233
i had a female coworker who loved trains and went to train conventions. she was slightly overweight tho.

also
>>39572432
citation needed. sounds an awful lot like projection, but i'm sure there are girls out there like you describe. as an ugly grill, nobody gives a shit about my hobbies, and while it kind of sucks i'm just used to it.
>>
>>39574084
oh come on, you know that girl only does taxidermy to sound unique to men
>>
File: IMAG0384.jpg (790KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0384.jpg
790KB, 1836x3264px
>>39574048
I will if I don't forget or I'm not too tired. It's not like they're painted or anything, but I enjoy making characters around figures that look cool to me. My group and I enjoy them.
>>
>>39574111
>i want to learn about cars because i have constant anxiety that mine is going to break down and i won't know what to do. shit is an expensive hobby tho.
it probably won't but I'd be willing to shitpost you the basics so you know which end is up
>>
>>39574111
>i had a female coworker who loved trains and went to train conventions. she was slightly overweight tho.
Slightly overweight isn't a deal breaker for me.

Maybe I'll find my train-loving qt someday.
>>
>>39574098
She's pretty damn unique. Ran a reptile rescue out of her house, writes for herpetology journals, has a face tattoo, and a bunch of other cool stuff.
But I'm worried if I list all of her many eclectic and esoteric hobbies it'll make her pretty easy to find.
>>
>>39574111
>lying on the internet

Wanting validation points i see? GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD AND DON'T MENTION FL STUDIO.

I feel like you're just a guy pretending to be a girl cause no girl even knows what FL studio is
>>
>>39572337
>music composing

But that's wrong. There are lots of women in music, many of who of course started doing it as a hobby. And I mean, lots. If you've ever played a couple japanese games, you've already listened to a soundtrack produced in full or in part by a girl.

t. composer who listens to plenty of female composers
>>
>>39574146
That's a pretty easy argument to flip the other way. Maybe dudes only have offbeat hobbies to attract particular types of women/stand out from other potential mates.
>>
>>39573978
But not having a hobby is the definition of being a boring fuck. Why do you want to date a boring fuck?

Even knitting is a hobby, you have to be drool running down mouth retarded or nihilistically depressed to not have a hobby
>>
>>39574219
i do, but i'm an ugly as fuck girl. if you saw me in public and even knew that i knew what fl studio was, you wouldn't look twice.
>>
>>39574382
Might as well post your shit now, I'm curious

Is it worthwhile music or meme EDM?
>>
>>39572337

>Debating political and economic ideas like Austrian economics
>Creating new philosophical ideas
>No real female magicians even through they like to watch magic
>stamp or card collecting
>rebuild car engines
>play with machine learning, ai for fun
>>
>>39572900
Depends on the game. Playing Battlefield with your bros isn't so much a hobby as it is the digital equivalent to going fishing with your drinking buddies to avoid your wives. But single-player games and RPGs and strategy games in particular can very well be a hobby.
>>
>>39573282
Horses.
It's usually 2-3 hours per day where at least about half usually is just with such as taking care of the horse, shoveling horse shit and preparing their food.
The riding is hard too, while you can't be true elite without an extremely expensive horse, it's pretty much pure skill at the hobby level. You have to practice for years to be decent at it, both because there's a ton to learn but also because balancing well and learning the nuances of communication with the horse can only be learnt by years of repetition.

Sure there's plenty of girls who are drawn to it because it's cool among girls but that's not enough to keep anyone in the hobby. Anyone who stays in this isn't doing it as a social symbol.
>>
File: IMG_8722.jpg (24KB, 220x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8722.jpg
24KB, 220x276px
>>39572337
Pic related was the smartest person to ever live.

A MALE BTW

I've never met a woman who was serious about philosophy, astronomy, history or science. I've literally had conversations with men who say they love science and math and want to study it regardless of money. Women would tell me that they wanted to have a "well paying job" and that's why they do it. Nursing is an exception. Women do it because they naturally are more inclined to care for others. Women are more sensitive than men are. I consider myself to be very average intelligence but the conversations I've had about deeper subjects that involve great ideas were always with men. I've had long conversations with other females and it was always about other people or nostalgia of growing up in the 90's (personal or superficial subjects).

Oh and most (not all) of the greatest painters, poets, philosophers, composers and leaders were all men. And men of different races. The main argument is that men are just smarter than women. Sorry. No one is saying that women are useless. They are useful for raising potentially great men. They are useful for providing social balance and understanding of the need to fight for the oppressed. They can also be very hardworking and successful and disciplined. But that doesn't make them more intelligent. More men have won science recognition awards and the noble peace prize. They're also responsible for keeping humans alive by giving birth. A great mother can create a great person. They also seem to care about animals and the truly innocent more than men.

Women also apparently have a better understanding of community. But they make weak leaders.
>>
>>39572648
ReviewBrah has actually gotten some women into shortwave radio. Atleast they say they're women I their letters.
>>
>>39574903
if nasa was as much of a social science meme in the space race (more like ICBM dickmeasuring) as it is today we never would've made it to the moon.
women can't into engineering or labor worth a shit, ever. I had to spend 20 fucking minutes explaining how a goddamn hacksaw works to my mother. these people are fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1451238665387_0.jpg (208KB, 923x633px) Image search: [Google]
1451238665387_0.jpg
208KB, 923x633px
>>39573027
Basically this
Women aren't ever going to be good friends, they're good for sex. Don't try to have them be good friends because they are bad at it and even if they aren't then you'll be wrapping up a friend in a relationship that will eventually go bad and you'll lose 2 chunks of your social life in one go
>>
File: 1486261078608.png (218KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1486261078608.png
218KB, 600x568px
>>39574903
this guy is so underrated compared to Einstein

Here's an interview where a project physicist talks at length, compliments the (female) interviewer for being "unusually well-informed" for even knowing about von Neumann
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snB148gfP44

In any case...the (not always pretty) girls who went to anime conventions before 2006 were real, though. Most of them
>>
>>39574111
>i'm a fembot

You thought that shit would slide by without at least ten replies?
>>
>>39574111
>constant anxiety that it's going to break down
Do yiu take care of it? What do you drive?
>>
Very few women in to woodworking as a hobby. You're find a scattering of women on construction crews but much less than even that tiny number do it for fun. I have never encountered one in person, only the couple on youtube. There are more women in to welding for whatever reason than carpentry.
>>
File: 1491424086286.png (340KB, 626x689px) Image search: [Google]
1491424086286.png
340KB, 626x689px
>>39572933
>write together
>looking for literate roleplay partners
>off Craigslist
>ISHYGDDT
>>
>>39572337
Women composed a shit ton of early video game soundtracks though, castlevania being one of my favorites
>>
>>39573253
t. Dick sucker
>>
>>39572337

How about ventriloquism?
>>
>>39575390
women working construction don't work. they sit in the forklift or the office or whatever all day. they're only there to fulfill diversity quotas
>tfw no lathe so can't make cool stuff
>>
>>39574111
>fl studio
please use a real daw thats not shit.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.