[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general how are all you doing also ITT post your dorm/apartment/etc

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 73

File: feature-why-rice.jpg (108KB, 484x484px) Image search: [Google]
feature-why-rice.jpg
108KB, 484x484px
/uni/ general

how are all you doing

also ITT post your dorm/apartment/etc setups. mine to follow
>>
File: YpN4cFWr.jpg (245KB, 1456x1941px) Image search: [Google]
YpN4cFWr.jpg
245KB, 1456x1941px
>>39569262
mein roomen
>>
any of you lads taken modafinil?

was given 100 and dont know if its any good as a study drug

dont have a dorm pic since i live at home with mummy and travel in since i am dirt poor
>>
I'm tired AF
>>39569275
I wish my room was that comfy
>>
File: patrician field.jpg (45KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
patrician field.jpg
45KB, 640x427px
>>39569262
>got my math phd
>have 300k starting salary
>>
I skipped class today because I was too tired and sad to go. That being said, it really doesn't matter that much since I have zero homework due till the 20th.
>>
>>39569262
>tfw commuter at a big university
I honestly hate university, the only thing I want aside from my degree is a nice ltr but pretty much every girl has had sex or done drugs.
>>
>>39569262
>tfw dorm room with double bunks on both sides so 4 guys crammed into a 12 x 10 space
at least i answered the age old question of whether all guys' cum smells the same
>>
>>39569262
I have to get my Japanese textbooks tomorrow and I want to kill myself because I'm terrible at my job.
>>
>>39571644
How does Chad manage to continuously fuck all the virgins if there are no virgins left?
>>
File: 1501887469805.jpg (80KB, 976x988px) Image search: [Google]
1501887469805.jpg
80KB, 976x988px
>>39571644
Checked

I feel your feel brother. I go to a big university that I hate and I'm only there because it might help me get into a master's program. I had my first lecture of the semester today and I saw many attractive girls but it just makes me want to drink myself into a coma. My university is about two thirds female so there's no shortage of females, but they all seem so fucking stupid.
>>
Why do normalfags that attend school think they are robots?
>>
File: battlestation.jpg (1MB, 3264x1480px) Image search: [Google]
battlestation.jpg
1MB, 3264x1480px
>>39569262
>how are all you doing
I'm doing shitty.

>tfw missed a math lecture, because I took a nap, and my alarm didn't go off
>tfw bombed a quiz in that class yesterday, and going to the lecture feels crucial to not failing this class
>tfw teachers just started slamming me with assignments and tests and projects, and it's gonna stay that way for the rest of this semester.
>tfw this is the first 30 minute break I've gotten this week
Don't fall for the stem meme. Jesus Christ this is hell.
Here's a battlestation pic. Too paranoid someone who knows me goes here to post the rest.
>>
>>39571762
Look, mate. Not everyone here is some sort of self degrading NEET on this board. Some of us want to have a good job, good career, but are autistic as fuck.
>>
>>39571727
He doesn't.
>>39571744
I'm the self improvement type i guess so I don't drink, but I'm just want it to end sometimes. I could fit in with normies but it would be fake, so I'll just stick to depression.
>>
>>39571809
You didn't answer my question, normalfag. Typical retarded self absorbed normalcunt that has no respect for the social contract. This is why you all need to die.
>>
>>39571794
what classes?

and how many total cred
>>
>>39571794
Which stem meme are you chasing?
It seems like when anyone says stem it's 90% of the time CS, 10% engineering before they inevitably fail out and switch to CS
>>
>>39571794
i kno that feel senpai

i'm really drunk so sorry for any tyops

i had a CS project due on tuesday but i've not even started it yet cause i'm a jackass and i don't care and i'm just gonna drink myself to death
>>
File: 1504683011615.jpg (114KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1504683011615.jpg
114KB, 500x750px
Who here /stateuni/ in the middle of no where?

I transferred from a hick community college that was full of nurses and now I'm at a state college where there's too many straight from high school chumps. Studying Computer Science but it is way too easy peazy. Maybe I should be happy since I get time to do self study. I haven't found friends yet but I'm going to go to a math club tomorrow so I hope I can meet a few people.
>>
>>39571986
What uni anon? I did something similar.
>>
>>39571986
I'm also at a state uni in the middle of no where. I went to check out the math club at my uni, but they ended up being boring normies.
>>
>>39569262
2nd day tomorrow, haven't killed myself yet so it's going well i guess.
>>
who here /dropped out but didn't tell mommy so you have to pretend to go to school every morning/
>>
>>39571838
ass harmed
>>
File: CI_60782_1376329320.png (891KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CI_60782_1376329320.png
891KB, 1024x768px
>>39572031
I don't know if I can say since we're in /r9k/ but I'm at a decent college in the middle of AR. I really want to get out of this state but my education is free here. I guess AR is hoping I stay once I get a career but fuck this place, I want a new environment to live in. Tired of the hicks and poverty.

>>39572057
My state gets a lot of foreign students since it is a really cheap american college. I think they'll be mostly Indians and East Asians there. I want to meet people not from the state or the country even. I enjoy people of different origins.
>>
>>39571575
>have 300k starting
>math
bullshit
>>
>>39572109
Did that for 5 years. My biggest fear is that she actually knows and that's somehow worse than her believing I'm a success.
>>
Here's a poorly drawn representation of the apartment in which I live. It's only a 5 minute drive from my school.
I haven't made any friends here yet, despite being here for 3 years. Maybe I should join a club.
>>
>>39572128
Grass is always greener man. I've lived in the world's biggest/densest metropolitans and always dream of just moving to some small southern town, working remotely.
>>
I dropped out because I couldn't focus at all. I'm thinking of getting an ADHD/ADD diagnosis from my therapist and trying again with those study drugs.

Any study drugfags got any suggestions?
>>
>>39572331
Don't get me wrong. My family lives in a rural area and it is very comfy sometimes but it can be lonely. If I could go to a place that has the best of both worlds I would go in a heartbeat.
>>
Idk it's my second year of uni and it feels like I haven't done anything really real yet. (INLA major, so basically high school English teacher). So so many frat boys that only talk about drinking and watching sports. Are their lives really that dull?
>>
>>39572376
>So many virgin nerds that only talk about anime and gaming. Are their lives really that dull?
>>
>>39569262
>sitting in lobby
>flock of international japanese girls appear next to me
It wasn't like my chinese cartoons at all.
>>
>>39569262
Is it better to go to a dorm or to stay at home? I am staying at home so I don't want to feel like I am missing out on anything.
>>
>>39572109
just fuck my life up senpai

lmfao
>>
>>39572424
I don't really play video games or watch as much tv. I like to read a lot, hence English teaching, skateboard, go to film festivals and fashion stuff. I get that there are people who only talk about anime or games, but I haven't seen it here yet. But these people only talk about drinking like it was the only thing they ever do.
>>
File: 1474486085834.jpg (85KB, 804x771px) Image search: [Google]
1474486085834.jpg
85KB, 804x771px
>IT job fair on the 15th

how do i prepare for this lads? im about to start my resume but i have no it experience. will i have to give an extra grip on the firm handshakes? my heart is beating just thinking about this.
>>
I pissed my pants last week. I poured water all over them to hide it and I think it worked
>>
Is it pretty much necessary to take out private loans if I don't have the money for all my expenses?
>>
>>39572953
JUST

F I R M
I
R
M

S H A K E
H
A
K
E
>>
File: stanczyk wojak.jpg (231KB, 680x506px) Image search: [Google]
stanczyk wojak.jpg
231KB, 680x506px
I'm eating dinner and going over music things with a qt, mildly crazy band girl tomorrow. She's very attractive to me but also well within my "level," and she's hardly sought after by Chad at all. If I drop the spaghetti on this one I'll be so upset with myself, pray for me unibots
>>
Been at uni for a week and a half now and was starting to get bored and then somebody mentioned the library that I had completely forgotten about.

Robros, let me tell you, I just spent 5 hours in the library. I've always been a huge reader but in recent years I've been too poor to buy books, too far from a library to reliably get them, and I don'tike ebooks as much.

In that 5 hours I read 1 book, half of another, and I checked out 4 more. I'm so goddamn excited. This has changed uni for me completely.
>>
>>39573309
>constructively making use of the resources he is entitled to as a university student

What a fuckin nerd
>>
>>39571794
Stem is easy though.
>>
File: yeet.jpg (69KB, 604x599px) Image search: [Google]
yeet.jpg
69KB, 604x599px
after 2 years in neet hiatus surviving on runescape gold,i finally decided to go to community college
how do i make friends
>>
>>39569262
I graduate this semester and I had the weirdest feeling walking through campus today knowing I was almost done with it already. It was like I was walking through a dream world where nobody around me was real and it was just me alone.
>>
File: goethe_faust.jpg (120KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
goethe_faust.jpg
120KB, 620x413px
>>39573309
What are you reading monsignor?
>>
>>39573309
yes i too have imagined this in my hentai fantasies of eating lunch in the aisles and then a hentai girl will run into me and become my gf
>>
>>39573885
Current 5 are:
Flintlock and Tomahawk, about king Phillips war, as recommended by my history professor because I love reading about battles and tactics
The Glorious Revolution in America. I read a lot about the American colonial and revolutionary Era, and the title of this one caught my eye. I plan to write a couple research essays on the revolution for my history minor
How Not to Network a Nation. About the soviets attempts to create their own internet. Extremely fascinating
The Pragmatic Programmer, because I've never managed to get a physical copy before even though I've read it 4 times now
Intro to Algorithms. I'm trying to catch up with my school's computer science classes as I did mine at a different school where they taught different languages and theories.

I was gonna get more but I limited myself to 5 so I would actually get through them without getting enticed by the others
>>
>>39573555
I'm sorry anon but you can't really make friends at community college unless you try extremely hard. I've only made 1 friend so far and that was specifically because I needed some extra help with homework
>>
>>39573555
>>39573999
>tfw take japanese in community college
>also join anime club so same classmates in both
>everyones a shitposting asshole who shits on everyone else's opinion
>shared shitty personalities seem to click
>eventually start playing games together
>go to cons together
>move on from community college to state university together
>move in together
>one guy starts going to the gym
>give him shit for it
>he talks shit back
>becomes a competition to out lift him at his own game
>everyone else ends up going hard at the gym too
>just recently realized we're all tsundere as fuck for each other and these past 6 years have been the best of my life making all kinds of gains in every way possible
I know you're probably going to see this thread eventually Drew. I love you. No homo.
>>
File: 1490665911777.jpg (61KB, 646x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490665911777.jpg
61KB, 646x1024px
>tfw been studying all day
>tfw still don't feel ready for tomorrow's quiz or like I progressed at all in learning the material
>>
Majoring in poli sci at a state school and trying to network and shit. I have no clue what I wanna do. Anything that pays decent I guess.
>>
>>39574941

You can work in a call center I guess.
>>
>>39572953
You should be prepared for some basic IT questions. For entry level jobs they might ask about, subnetting, IP classes, OSI model, maybe some basic troubleshooting, etc..
>>
File: 1tajvp.jpg (50KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1tajvp.jpg
50KB, 1127x685px
>>39569262
Forgot to do my homework for today in English 101 because grandma got really sick.
She got better though, so all's well.
>>
Anyone else here better learning from books than from lectures? I don't know if my professors just suck or if I'm actually just better doing it that way.
>>
Found out that I can't get a student bus pass because I'm doing an (online) occupational course and I want to annihilate the whole city

I live with my sister now and do her chores instead of paying rent. I'm not complaining I'm just tired
>>
>>39572708
I spend all my nights at the skatepark
I've actually made some friends there, but still can't make friends at my uni
>>
File: 1504611684004.png (27KB, 690x539px) Image search: [Google]
1504611684004.png
27KB, 690x539px
studying in jakarta next sem
rate
>>
>last year of high school, finally decide to put effort in and gain some basic social skills and self confidence
>kind of half works I guess
>start CS degree at good tech uni
>half the people in the degree are socially retarded or pretentious assholes
>mffw making friends is easy because the few social people in the degree need friends and I happen to not be an intolerable doublesperg
>CS friends intoduce me to their normal friends
I've gone from 'cyborg' to 'slightly weird' in record time. Now I just have to worry about that subject I haven't been doing the entire semester oh fuck.
>>
>>39575186
yeah wtf is this shit

i listen to every word, study the notes, go to office hours, then read one passage and understand it immediately.

BUT THEN you find out the professor skipped a bunch of shit explaining to make it "easier" so now you have a bunch of puzzle pieces that are similar that don't fit
>>
>>39575576
>able to learn basic social skills and has any confidence whatsoever

reeeee leave this place normerirreeeeee
>>
File: perl-autism.jpg (49KB, 444x439px) Image search: [Google]
perl-autism.jpg
49KB, 444x439px
>attractive girl sits next to you
>mumble something about locking myself out of vps
>pretends to laugh and sits somewhere else
lol
>>
>tfw 26 years old
>tfw never seen a Uni from the inside
>>
>>39570136
Snort them all. Or at least a handful
>>
>>39575657
>catch train home
>carriage gets flooded with 16-18yo girls from all-girl catholic school so much that you can hardly even move to let people off
tfwnogf hit like a ton of bricks

>inb4 pedo
that age is legal here
>>
>>39575657
>attractive girl sits next to you
How did you do it?
>>
>>39572163
Quantitative analyst. Sure 300k starting is a meme but after a few years it's fully possible if you get into some nice investment bank.
>>
girl that I have liked for 2y+ now is in my final group project the big one with community partners and a big research paper and presentation at the end
>>
>>39575721
just be yourself
be yourself just
yourself just be
>>
>had to drop out because of a lack of grit
>now I'm cursed to menial labor for the rest of my life

My job is a dead end, it seems like all jobs that don't require special skills are.
>>
>>39569275
Wo wohnst du?

>>39571644
>but pretty much every girl has had sex or done drugs.
=> True Love Waits and Tradcath Grils.
(Ok Cupid "Christian" and "Catholic" under background, and "Long Term" under Availability - Or chat up women after mass who visit a latin mass in your local rc church or an Orthodox church).

>>39573309
Congrats.
Would Ebooks btw. work better if you read them on an epaper reader? Try it!

>>39573998
>How Not to Network a Nation. About the soviets attempts to create their own internet. Extremely fascinating
Wow, that sounds cool. Thank you senpai.
>>
>>39575707
Why not approach them?
>>
>>39575853
Good question.

I guess I felt it would come off as creepy, a 19yo male trying to start a conversation with school students. Maybe that's because of my self-deprecatory attitude, or that I didn't want to be shamed or ostracised for doing what I thought may be seen as creepy (although that is a bit silly as I would never meet most of the people there again).

Now that you mentioned it, I haven't approached a girl in a long time. I'm in no way prepared to handle a romantic realtionship, but I haven't started a casual conversation with a girl apart from mutual friends and anons, and that's probably bad.
>>
my uni is literally hell on earth
imagine normans, then imagine roasties - mix em up and multiply it by like three hundred (at the ratio of 1 guy to 50 of "them")
why did i pick teaching?
>>
>>39575971
Which subject/s? (or at you a student learning to teach?)
>>
>>39575984
didnt mean to keep that long name. fuck legitimate namefags
>>
File: 1501153169968.png (205KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
1501153169968.png
205KB, 434x434px
>rescued cat a few month before uni
>loves me unconditionally
>purrs just by looking at me and only purrs when I'm the one petting
>had to leave her for uni
>cried for the first time before falling asleep the first few night telling myself she doesn't understand what's going on or where I was
>parents keep sending me pictures of her with them saying "looks like she misses you :))))))"
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE LET ME SEE MY CAT AGAIN IT'S THE ONLY LIVING THING THAT TRULY LIKES ME
>>
I went to a satellite campus that's basically centered around STEM. The actual classes are fine, even if the content is a bit hard at times. One of my issues though is this also means the campus is small, and there are even fewer women than normal due to said focus. People normally suggest college clubs as a means to branch out, but it just really isn't an option here at least for the purpose of socialization.
>>
>engineering professor praises students on for making it into his class
>prerequisite is calc 1
>>
>>39575950
So I have an assignment for you: Next time you are on that train, you strike a conversation with one of those girls that you notice something about that you find interesting, or you join into one of the conversations they have.

For now you will do it without any sexual or romantic goals. Just to talk.

Go for it.
>>
>>39573057
get financial aid nigga
>>
>>39576144
This is the creepiest way to approach someone and you know it
>H-hey I see you have a n-nice haircut where is your hairdresser?
Never fucking do this you can't start any conversation with someone just by talking about something "interesting" without being creepy
>clothes makes you look like a trans or gay or some deviant if you ask wherte she bought them/find them cool
>face is too bold and comes off as creepy
>hands and feet will make it look like you're a fetishist and come off as creepy
>legs makes you look like someone who just cares about the body
>boobs and ass are forbidden unless you're a legit 10/10
Never fucking do this jesus
>>
>>39571794
This is UC Merced IT department. We've been monitoring this website along with several other white nationalist sites. You are in violation of the Student Code of Conduct. If you continue to access this website, disciplinary action will be taken. Your student ID and internet traffic has been logged.
>>
>>39576260
>H-hey I see you have a n-nice haircut where is your hairdresser?
Nice strawman. As well you missed the part where I told him for now to go for nothing potentially romantic or sexual.

> (To girl that draws) Hey, you like drawing? What do you draw? Cool, I always was a fan of X/ I always wished I could draw. How did you get into it? etc.
>(To girl with a band/ show T Shirt) You are a fan of X? What do you like about them? etc.
>(Overhearing a topic that interests you or vaguely know smth bout they discuss) I heard you talk about X. Mind if I join in in the conversation?
>(Girl that wears a cross and a wwjd bracelet) You are a Christian? What made ou believe? Cool. Are you more the traditional liturgical or modern worshipper? Etc.
>(Hot day) Man the weather is way to hot, isn't it?
>(School uniform) You go to X don't you? Do you like it there? How are your teachers?

The idea is to get them to talk to you. Not to compliment their bodily features.
>>
>>39576468
>girl drawing in the train
>What if you don't know/like the band? What if the girl doesn't know the band and just bought the shirt? If she just say oh yeah I like (song/album) you answer with "oh yeah I like it too!" then what?
>listening in on conversation to start up a conversation is one of the most creepy way to approach someone
>comes off as awkward but if you're not a r9k poster you could make it work
>obvious you want to start conversation and look like a desperate guy
>could work but he's 19 why would he be interested in a girl's highschool? Pass off as creepy guy who wants to have a conversation. If some older guy came up to you asking how do you like your school would you think this guy is nice? Isn't he just a creep who look at girl uniform and knows what school they go to?
No one starts a conversation or make friends by randomly talking to them in the train of all places. Talking to them in the train is the worst time to talk to someone. No one wants to be bothered while riding the train because you're too tired from waking up or from going back from school. That's why everyone only talks to their friends stare out ther window or are on their phone, they don't want to deal with you right now.
>>
Skipped 2/3 of my classes on the first week. Oh well.
>>
>>39576646
>No one starts a conversation or make friends by randomly talking to them in the train of all places. Talking to them in the train is the worst time to talk to someone. No one wants to be bothered while riding the train because you're too tired from waking up or from going back from school. That's why everyone only talks to their friends stare out ther window or are on their phone, they don't want to deal with you right now.
Completely agree. The other guy is literally giving the worst advice possible. I can't count the number of times I have had the most terrifying conversations on public transportation with strangers. It's genuinely disturbing and they never stop
>>
>>39571575

P H E N O T Y P E
H P
E Y
N T
O O
T N
Y E
P H
E P Y T O N E H P
>>
>>39569262
>"this semester's the semester i start going to the gym!"
>second week of class, gym closed on monday for labor day
>gym closed again on tuesday for some reason
>miss wednesday due to my own fault because overslept/lazy

geeze, i really am pathetic aren't i.
>>
>>39576646
>What if the girl doesn't know the band and just bought the shirt?
Then you do not make that particular compliment, of course.

>>39576646
>listening in on conversation to start up a conversation is one of the most creepy way to approach someone
You think so. I do/ did it all the time, and it works wonders. Most people actually don't mind, unless you try to fully take over the conversation with your views or have no idea what you talk about.

>obvious you want to start conversation
You might not believe it, but unless they intentionally do something that shows they don't conversation (Having earbuds on and listening to music for example, or reading) most people don't mind conversations. And if they do, they make it usually clear/ give you signals that they don't wanna talk. In that case just find an excuse to end your conversation.

> If some older guy came up to you asking how do you like your school would you think this guy is nice?
If he is a creepy 40 year old, obviously not. But as a 19 year old you can totally talk to 17 year old pupils.

>>39576764
>It's genuinely disturbing and they never stop
"I don't wanna talk right now".

All i can say what i recommend usually worked well for me.
>>
>>39576843
Do calisthenics. You do not need a Gymn for that.
And there are a lot of good free fitness programs for android.

I personally recommend:

Caynax A6W
SWORKIT Pro
100 Pushups
Bodyweight Fitness
ABS - 7 Minutes
Thenics
TaiChi24 (small costs attached)
30 Tage Fit
>>
>Be me
>transfer to college after a few years at a junior college
>stay in dorms the first year have a great time with other transfers not even the oldest person there
>people I was going to move out with ended up getting into hard drugs
>decide to do another year in dorms
>somehow get placed into the all freshman dorm
>first night multiple people ask me to buy for them
>I'm the only one living in the dorm over age
>know if I step out of line while with freshman I'll be in serious legal trouble
>college makes me wait 2 weeks before I can be moved into another dorm
>finally get info about new room, fucking college didn't inform the other occupant
>more or less get told to fuck off
>decide to stick it out in freshman dorm instead of dealing with a hostile roommate

Atleast the dick is going to get a meeting and a different roommate since this college is so impacted on housing.
>>
>>39576448
Nice try. I'd get an email first.
>>
anyone here go to muskegon community college?
>>
File: adud.png (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
adud.png
132KB, 500x500px
I think the 8 months of NEETdom have completely drained my social skills.
Everyone on the campus is like some weird, capable, good-looking chad or stacey, it's like I'm another weird planet with aliens that I can't relate to on any level.
>>
>>39575984
English, but to pre- and early grade schoolers, hence the stereotype filler (female teacher, tutor, etc)
((here, english is a foreign language))
>>
>>39577788
due to the 40-minute gap between posts the digits would be checked by myself
>>
'k,I know that I should ask /g/ for this,but I'm starting uni next week and I need a laptop/tablet.Is the Surface good or should I spend my bux on something else.
>>
A new tenant in our house is a full on robot. I'm not a chad but I'm fairly normal, as in I can talk to girls without breaking down.

Any advice on what to do with him? Should I just leave him alone or try to be friends with him? Talking to him is like talking to a brick wall and he stays in his room all day. Probably doesn't help that the other tenants are two girls and a gay dude.
>>
Give me some advice anons, im dont know what to do anymore

>20 years old
>born in an asian country that has a culture of labeling you as a failure if you havent graduated and making mad money at the age of 22
>took bachelore of science in Information and technology because it pays good even though i have no interest in programming
>already at senior year with only less than 15units left
>should have graduated this year but have few backsubjects
>my last units consists of 2 math subjects, final thesis project and internship
>been stuck on the math and thesis project subject for almost 2 years now
>looks like im gonna fail for the 3rd time again

How do you handle this anons? I am so lost and depressed because i cant finish these last subjects! I dont even know how i got to senior year in programming because i still dont know jackshit on how to make a program or website and im getting pressured by my parents/relatives about graduating. I dont even know what im doing in college because even now, i dont know what i want to be. I am like stuck in an infinite loop of failure. Why am i not good at anything? Sometimes i just think of killing myself just to end all of this misery but i still cling on the hope that i will someday discover my calling.

TLDR: anon that doesnt know what he wants to major in, decided to choose programming because of the money and for some reason got to senior year and less than 15 units to graduate instead gets stuck on an infinite loop of failure in hell and now asks anonymous people on a philippine rice fermentation forum on what to do with his life
>>
>>39575576
>>mffw making friends is easy because the few social people in the degree need friends and I happen to not be an intolerable doublesperg
I'm hoping this is how my CS classes go also.
>>
girl in my year who's doing the same specialization as I am (only 2 people this year) looks a lot like my brother's gf.

how do I proceed?
>>
>>39571575
What are you doing outside of /sci/?
>>
>>39571762
Kill yourself you fucking dumbass Even autistic robots can get into and pass uni
>>
>>39578744
You should just ignore the nottruerobot faggots. Most of them are probably 17-something virgins who think not getting laid before prom makes them robots.
>>
I just got hired for the lab monitor job. I was a complete spaghetti during interview as expected from a robot. If I did it you can do. Apparently you don't need to be over confident articulate chad to pass interviews.

Also keep your marks high. If I hadnt get A, my prof wouldnt have recommended me to the lab technician.
>>
>>39571575
I'm happy for you, Anon. Good luck with your job.
>>
>>39575576
this holy shit
>start CS at good tech uni
>90% are socially abnormal sub-8 males like me, some lost normies and girls who will drop out by october
>some CS senpai asks whether we play dota
>33% say yes 33% say dota sucks 33% say league is better
>all senpais are dnd playing larping gamers
>talk about wow etc, everyone is nice, no bullies or chads
tfw after all these years i found my people
>>
File: 15047880998641657358338.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
15047880998641657358338.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
the rooms a work in progress. i got a comfy bed though
>>
>>39579181
How's uni life in Australia?
>>
File: 1481448191182.jpg (3KB, 175x160px) Image search: [Google]
1481448191182.jpg
3KB, 175x160px
>>39569262
>tfw am going back in a week
>tfw was planning to party and fuck my shit up
>tfw had to go to the doctor because of chest pains, difficulty eating etc.
>turns out I have a hiatal hernia and some other shit and have to drink meds for 2 months and thus can't drink alcohol

Worst of all he says I can't drink alcohol like other people if I don't want to have chronic issues with my stomach and esophagus
>>
>>39579294
Time to start smoking weed.
>>
File: i really do.jpg (228KB, 1188x996px) Image search: [Google]
i really do.jpg
228KB, 1188x996px
>>39579303
I did but lately it's been giving me anxiety and making those same pains worse.

I don't want to do any other drugs.
>>
>>39576029
Hope the cat dies right before the exam period starts.
>>
>>39579329
Then it's time to stop using drugs and time to start meditating and coping with your feelings healthily, instead of by drugging yourself.
>>
>>39579362
Not him but that happened to me. My 17 year old cat finally started giving out and died halfway through my final high school exams of organ failure, on the morning of a maths exam.

Thankfully it didn't affect my grades.
>>
>>39578756
Can confirm the importance of high marks. In first and second year I watches a shit load of anime, barely studied an had a low to mid 70s average. Literally nobody wanted anything to do with me, profs did not remember who I was. I worked part time in a gas station convenience store starting in second year and summer jobs were the menial labour bullshit type. In third year I serioused the fuck up and worked my ass off for a 90 average. All of the sudden, by the end of first semester the profs loved me and I had all sorts of offers for proctoring and marking positions, which replaced the convenience store and paid way better. Now I am interviewing for jobs after I graduate, and all sorts of blue chip companies are actually giving me callbacks. Profs are willing to write glowing references.

If you are dumb and can't really get good marks then just focus on passing, but if you are smart, I STRONGLY recommend putting in the full effort from day 1. Now starting my final year, I feel like I wasted my first two years of uni. Could have had so many more opportunities were I not a lazy prick.
>>
>>39579501
>barely studied an had a low to mid 70s average
In the UK that would get you the equivalent of an A- or an A. Are American exams just easier or something?
>>
>>39579368
Guess so. My doctor recommended me a psychologist so I guess that's something
>>
>>39579501
I start in a week, I'll keep this in mind anon.
>>
File: 1502673529848.jpg (37KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1502673529848.jpg
37KB, 500x430px
>math major
>forced to solve problems with other people on a weekly basis
>still can't make any friends
Wtf is this, I thought math was a robot-friendly major. Also I kind of feel bad for the people who have to tolerate my autism.
It would be a miracle if I'll ever finish even my bachelor's degree.
>>
>>39579599
It was for a Canadian University, and for us a 70 is a B. Not necessarily easier, class average tends to fall in the 60 range. I suspect UK schools either have a different grading scheme or a different bell curve. Also, not to brag, but I don't need to study as much as my peers to get the same grade. People I know with a high 70s average study about the same as I do now with a low 90s average, and there are others who put in far more effort for the same grade. Sometimes, the subject matter just comes easier to some people.

>>39579695
Good luck, anon. Remember that you are going to university to learn. You will get as much out of it as you put into it. While it may be tempting to skip classes and waste time in the absence of parents, you are only doing yourself a disservice. Work hard 6 days a week and blow off steam one day, then come back fresh for another 6 days. Keep your chin up.
>>
File: IMG_5069.jpg (39KB, 328x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5069.jpg
39KB, 328x395px
>>39569262
I went to class yesterday and sat behind this qt that was in some of my classes last year, she turned around and was like

>OMG ANON HAIIII I HAVENT SEEN YOU ON CAMPUS IN FOREVER
>yeah I'm just going through the motions.
>her fat friend turns around and sees me
(She was also in some of my classes last year)
>OH MY GAWWWWD YOU GREW A BEARD
>I always knew you were the observant one
>Can I touch it?????
>Uhhhhh no you cannot.
>Pleaseeeeeee
>Nah, you can't.

This is literally the first time I've talked to a woman on campus so far this year.

What the fuck did they mean by this?
>>
File: 1501401763730.gif (111KB, 1027x731px) Image search: [Google]
1501401763730.gif
111KB, 1027x731px
>>39569262
>tfw 18
>not in uni yet
>lurk these threads and feel hopeful for the future

hope you all have a good day robros
>>
jesus christ this board really is lost
>>
>>39580107
>not letting qts touch your beard
boi
>>
File: 1.jpg (223KB, 800x1129px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
223KB, 800x1129px
>>39572109
you really doing this?
if so, I am very curious as to what you do all day?
do you plan to tell her?
how and why?

pls more info on this,
because I wouldn't be surprised if I become this in a few months
>>
File: 95952.png (477KB, 1278x715px) Image search: [Google]
95952.png
477KB, 1278x715px
is there any way to avoid having to attend the graduation ceremony? i still have two years left but i dread just thinking about it, my parents will want me to go for sure but then afterwards while everyone is taking pictures with their friends i will be standing awkwardly with my parents and it will be just high school all over again, please help fellow robots
>>
>>39571794
I feel you nigga. /suffering/
Have to google so much shit in the math subjects because either my professor can't teach or i'm retarded. Everything else has been completely fine, like not even going to lectures fine.
>>
>>39580207
1. Make friends in those 2 years, which is totally doable.
2. JUST MAKE FRIENDS YOU PUSSY. YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH UNI BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE A FRIEND? IT'S NOT HARD.
>>
>>39580225
making friends is a two way street, how hard is that for some people to understand? the other person has to like you which is like impossible for me and many people here i assume, meanwhile studying you can do on your own, even if its hard you just need to sink enough time in and voila

i need a practical solution, and since im already 2 years in and everybody has their own established circle of friends already making friends is not an option
>>
>>39580225
How can you make friends without actually talking to humans?
>>
>>39580154
The qt didn't want to touch my beard, her fat friend wanted to. I would've let the qt chick do it.
>>
>>39580271
Start being more likeable, join societies and stuff. That's what I did and now I have quite a few friends.

>>39580280
You don't, you have to talk to people.
>>
>>39580282
Oh ok, understandable
>>
University starts in October over here. I am quite anxious. I really hope to finally make some friends. I am also scared that I won't make it, because depression makes it hard to motivate for really everything. I hope I am passionate enough. Wish me luck anons.
Also, as the loser I am, I will stay with my parents, so I will have less responsibility and stress.
>>
>>39580320
Good luck, I made zero (0) friends in my first year because I was depressed and chronically ill.
>>
File: 1478471202276.png (442KB, 453x751px) Image search: [Google]
1478471202276.png
442KB, 453x751px
>>39580299
>Start being more likeable
>join societies and stuff

i told you its too late for that now, penetrating an existing ring of friends is mission impossible, i cant go back in time friendo, my best option is just to try to avoid the graduation ceremony altogether and spare myself that shame

i thought someone might have a good idea how to do that, stop being a normalfag and suggesting that i make friends when im unable to do that
>>
File: 88078823.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
88078823.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>taking CS
>one mandatory humanities class
>talk about philosophy, schools of thought and evolution of society
>favorite class by far

This isn't going to end well
>>
>>39580405
>i told you its too late for that now
It's never too late you fucking pansy. I want to help you hopeless cunts but you're so mopey and useless that you won't even try to help yourself.

If it worked for me, it can work for you. Just put in some effort GOD DAMN.
>>
File: 1451623727070.jpg (26KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451623727070.jpg
26KB, 355x500px
>>39569262
>mfw calc test i had today was canceled because hurricane Irma.

Thank you nature, I'll pay you back somehow, friend
>>
>tfw can only pay with cards
>chemistry goggles sellers only take cash

I'm gonna miss my first lab because I couldn't get cash out. Luckily I've ordered some from Amazon and you can miss one class so I guess this is it
>>
>>39580366
Are there any people you'd like to be friends with? Any interesting ones?
>>
File: 1502200993298.jpg (51KB, 429x429px) Image search: [Google]
1502200993298.jpg
51KB, 429x429px
>prof puts us into groups
>end up with Stacy and Chad
>try hard to make convo with Stacy by asking her major
>ignores everything I say
>Chad says he hasn't started his essay yet
>immediate laughing and conversation from Stacy
>>
>>39580490
I mean I made lots of acquaintances but never got to do anything with them because sickness and depression, so I never made friends out of them
>>
>>39580513
At least it is "only" your illness in your way! You can make friends, I believe in you.
>>
File: 8970978979.png (48KB, 300x171px) Image search: [Google]
8970978979.png
48KB, 300x171px
Looks like I'll be missing ANOTHER day of class. Why is public transportation such a piece of dogshit in my state's capital city.
Why does this class have an absence policy?
FUCK.
>>
>switched to an 8am class because the previous class I had had two girls I had a humiliating moment with
>>
>>39580772
>I had had two girls I had a humiliating moment with

explain at once
>>
All of these Indian rich kids at my college are driving me fucking insane. I don't despise them for their physical appearances, but their blaring voices, shit-smelling stenches and lack of respect for personal space are starting to make me wonder if I've been racist all along. There's one fuckwit I'm trapped on the bus with who insists on screaming into his phone, and he was nearly standing over me when he started a few minutes ago. I want to wring his neck like a chicken.
>>
File: 1492658535502.png (37KB, 489x487px) Image search: [Google]
1492658535502.png
37KB, 489x487px
>getting called to the whiteboard and having to do equations and shit

I thought there wouldn't be any of this in uni.
>>
UK robot here.
I dropped out of university after 2 years and have been wageslaving ever since. Is there any hope of getting back in to the uni meme if I'm a depressed autist that just turned 21 years old?
>>
>>39581222
You only had a year left, why didn't you finish?
>>
>>39573309
hey that's awesome

i've been trying to read more but i can never get myself to

i started like 5 books over the summer but never finished
>>
>>39576029

aww, this is sweet

bring her to uni maybe? fuck the rules, your connection is more important

>>39579362
fuck you
>>
>>39581222
what sort of wageslavery do you do?

I'm doing the reverse of you, I spent years NEET and wageslaving mcdonalds hating my life

now im at university
>>
>>39581319
I failed my second year because I stopped attending and became a shut in.
>>39581496
I hand make pies for minimum wage. I get to work plenty of hours and don't have to interact with other people so it suits me well but I don't want to be doing this shitty job and living with my parents forever.
>>
>>39569262
Pretty fine. There is a networking event for my major this monday, the same day we are supposed to get hit with a hurricane. I'm thinking that shit is getting cancelled but I'm still going to pump out a resume today or tomorrow and then go clothes shopping.

>no interaction with females still

kill me
>>
File: t3_6l7dg2.jpg (69KB, 700x1064px) Image search: [Google]
t3_6l7dg2.jpg
69KB, 700x1064px
My final year in poltical science. No fucking clue what to do after. At least in my country it's not a dead-end degree like in USA.
>>
File: tumblr_oe3vnkZs0D1u4feedo1_1280.jpg (641KB, 753x955px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe3vnkZs0D1u4feedo1_1280.jpg
641KB, 753x955px
>>39573555
got any tips on how to survive on runescape gold?
pls respond
>>
File: tumblr_nn3dv1gkce1titub2o1_400.jpg (35KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn3dv1gkce1titub2o1_400.jpg
35KB, 396x388px
Anyone else studying in a uni with a depressing atmosphere? Tell me about it.
>>
>>39582216
The depressing atmosphere here is just from me
>>
File: 1482784378345.png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
1482784378345.png
279KB, 898x790px
>Promised myself I would do better this semester, that this was MY semester after fucking up last semester
>Straight A's so far
A-Am I gonna make it bros
>>
File: heiddger.gif (21KB, 200x212px) Image search: [Google]
heiddger.gif
21KB, 200x212px
>>39582252
Keep it up, anon. Remember, you'll make it once you graduate, so don't let the high make you focus less on studies!
>>
Any robots in Uppsala!?
>>
>>39580984
Mother Russia my guy
>>
File: Vov.jpg (61KB, 450x540px) Image search: [Google]
Vov.jpg
61KB, 450x540px
>>39582478
My condolences. Here is an original picture for you.
>>
Would it be too dangerous to ask what school you guys go to? Maybe were classmates and don't even know it
>>
File: 634712467126127.jpg (64KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
634712467126127.jpg
64KB, 720x715px
>tfw want to study VFX and movie making in general
>near me not even one place doing that

What the fuck why is fucking studying garbage like Indian culture near me but things like FUCKING EFFECTS IN MOVIES Isn't.
>>
>>39569275
>bring this rich and still being a virgin

Virgins will defend this
>>
File: pepe ill.jpg (10KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
pepe ill.jpg
10KB, 250x241px
i live with 2 guys in an apartment, 1 room for each and shared kitchen etc

one of the guys ALWAYS keeps his door open and the toilet is just outside his door so I can't bio because I'm afraid that he can hear me try to poop etc. i can't use the toilet except when he's outside or sleeping
>>
>>39582905
I wanted to do that shit too because video editing and vfx is probably the only thing I enjoy doing but didn't find a single uni offering it. What a joke.

Where you at though?
>>
>>39583035
Poland, i think i will just keep doing my vfx work in my free time and just make some reels ready for when i will search for a job and in the meantime study programming or some shit
>>
File: Yaoinosebleed.jpg (58KB, 427x476px) Image search: [Google]
Yaoinosebleed.jpg
58KB, 427x476px
>>39574126
I really hope this is true
>all of the homo
>>
File: 1485165402853.png (170KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
1485165402853.png
170KB, 400x390px
>>39583035
>>39582905
I know a mate who went to Copenhagen to study video effects in English, I believe. Have you tried checking there?
>>
>>39583093
Baltbro here. Pretty much the same situation even including the studying programming part.
>>
>glance at guy beside me during a lecture
>he's only pretending to take notes and is actually reading 4chan
>>
File: 1504565325456.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1504565325456.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>>39569262
Had to take extra speech class literally all of my life
>From elementary to high school
>Get into top Uni
>Nobody fucking talks to me anyways
>End up sitting alone in class like always
What's the fucking point of anything?
>>
>too many stairs
>keep getting lost
>everybody's younger and better looking than me
>keeps me away from my things for too long at a time
>probably going to have to work with other people at some point
>always feel like everyone is staring
i don't like college i am only two days in (no classes on monday and my schedule is empty on thursdays) and i am already contemplating killing myself to avoid having to go back
>>
>>39581620
>no interaction with females still

basically same. kill me

i got drunk with my flatmate (who's a gril) last night. but that doesn't really count

i have a huge crush on this girl in my class. she's fucking stunning looking. i'll never be with her
>>
>>39583332
>flatmate girl

How the fuck didn't you her its literally impossible unless she is ugly as sin
>>
File: 1483477326888.jpg (100KB, 640x888px) Image search: [Google]
1483477326888.jpg
100KB, 640x888px
>>39569262
>Go to state uni with my old childhood friends
>I'm the only one who gets paired in a different dorm
>They all make new friends, while I'm all alone
>It's cool though, we still talk on group chats online
>They start drinking and doing drugs in their dorm
>I try to tell them it's a bad idea
>They don't listen
>RA catches them drunk in their room
>Fined.jpg
>Like 500 fucking dollars or some shit
>They also have to take some underage drinking awareness course or something
Why didn't they listen, bros?
>>
>got paired with a really flamboyant gay guy as my dorm mate
>tfw popping xanax, sharing a bottle of gin and rubbing our cocks together
I never really bothered with edging on my own but he's pretty good at doing it to me, so far. Gets to the point where I feel like I'm going to cum just from something else being near it, but not quite touching it.
>>
File: 1479318997338.png (8KB, 469x331px) Image search: [Google]
1479318997338.png
8KB, 469x331px
>being nervous all the time causes me to constantly need to take a shit while at school
>>
>>39583448
>popping xanax

Don't do that, that shit slowly kills you

>inb4 but thats what i want
>>
>>39583263
forgot that
>too nervous to eat (because a lot of foods don't agree with me) so constantly hungry
>too nervous about peeing in public to drink anything so always thirsty
>>
>>39575721
when was the last time you showered? at least deodorant daily
>>
File: 274371-My-Face-Vs-My-Soul.jpg (64KB, 750x642px) Image search: [Google]
274371-My-Face-Vs-My-Soul.jpg
64KB, 750x642px
So about a year ago I tried to get with this qt but I autismo'd and decided to just stop talking to her. Turns out we have a class together this semester so I decided to try again. This was a few minutes into the conversation
>So I guess it's cool we have a class together
>"Actually I'm not gonna be in it much longer, I'm dropping it for a different class"
>Oh really? You're leaving me already?
>"You left me first, anon"
I wanted to die.
Gonna try and talk to this other girl I have a few classes with later today, wish me luck bros.
>>39583378
Because drinking is fun and a great way to make friends and be social.
>>39583013
It took until college for me to get over my fear of pooping around other people. It's just something you gotta get used to dude, realistically probably no one is trying to listen to you poop and if they are what's the worst they can do?.
>>
>>39583398

well i'm on this board

and i'm not really attracted to her. she's cute but she's like 3 years younger and it'd feel weird
>>
>>39583501
You can inb4 all you want, but that's why I use it in the first place. If he wants to live, we can share the liquor and I'll just do all the xanax myself.
>>
File: purdue.jpg (267KB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
purdue.jpg
267KB, 1365x1024px
where my /boilerboys/?
>>
>>39583536

oh shit hey!

i'm a cs major and hate myself
>>
Girls feel completely distant and alien to me. I can't even imagine getting a girlfriend. When I think about the fact that most people I see, including my mother, father and sister have been in relationships and had sex it blows my mind.
>>
What's the most common Major on /uni/?

Seems like it's History
>>
Who /biotechnology/ here?
>>
Any robots got tips on getting girls during freshers?

I'm above average looks wise but slight autismo personality
>>
>>39583551
got a couple cs pals too, they likewise hate themselves but i guess its an indian thing

thats why im political science
>>
>finally graduating at 24 yr old (v good engineering degree tho)
>only have to finalize 4-5 more courses
>mfw if i fail at this point
>>
>>39583521
what if they sneak outside my door and kick or punch it to scare the shit out of me no pun intended btw
>>
>>39569262
Be me
>Minoring in Business and Engineering (Nuclear or electrical)
>Live with mother
>Spend most of my time in my room studying, vidya, 4chan, and jacking off.
>Spend 6 hours a week in the Library
>want to take 7 classes.
>Business 101, Micro-Economics, Trigonometry, Chemistry 101, and Business 101
>Have the entire morning for free time
>Have to wait until oktober for the three extra classes.
>In a community college to save on costs
>Pirate Text books and take free online coding classes to save costs.
>>
>>39583624

mechanical engineering who wants to go into biomechanical here

>"biotech"

what a shame.
>>
>>39583644
Rush a frat
It'll turn you into a chad in no time
>>
>>39583654
>Senior year
>Got an internship
>Afraid I'm going to fuck it up hard and lose a job opportunity or recommendation
>>
>>39583693
no frat stuff in the UK, but we have mixed dorms and everyone can buy alcohol
>>
>>39583683
Two scenarios. One: it is your roommates, you know it's your roommates, and so they're probably not going to actually harm you in any way. Two: it's not your roommates, and if they want to hurt/kill you, they could do it whether or not you're on the shitter.
>>
>>39583742
>buy some drank
>invite some of the people in your dorm to drink
>???

probably some grills will show
>>
File: Fountainhead.jpg (56KB, 650x489px) Image search: [Google]
Fountainhead.jpg
56KB, 650x489px
>>39583685
Also I am reading all of any rands work in between classes.
>>
File: 1487054316105.png (770KB, 504x942px) Image search: [Google]
1487054316105.png
770KB, 504x942px
>forgot to bring student ID to public transport
>got fined for about a tenth of all the money I have
>>
god i want to go to lectures but im such a fucking sperg that i cant stand the sound of people coughing and sniffing and for some reason normies are sick 100% of the time
i left one early today because i couldnt take it any more
i thought more people would've dropped out by now
3rd year and my classes still have 100+ people in them
>>
>Had to take a class that's at 8 at night
>Class before that ends at 3
>Don't want to waste gas
>Study for 5 hours
I mean it's boosting my grades but fuck is it boring. At least it's only twice a week.
>>
>>39583874
I'm the same. I think it's a literal symptom of autism. It also makes me want to scream when people ask pointless questions.
>>
>>39583874

>attend 10-30% of lectures (at least when the information is purely from the book and/or uploaded by the professor)
>still get mid-high grades
>made no strong bonds with anyone in the class

such is life
>>
>>39583874
One of my teachers is so fucking strict about attendance she will drop students that have missed one day of lecture, even if they where sick or had some family emergency.
>>
>>39583874
>>39583918
Isn't that more of ADD then anything?
>>
>>39571794
>Don't fall for the stem meme
Already did my first year, went into college for microbiology and just switched to economics with a minor in finance. Life has already improved.
>>
>>39583918
>pointless questions
god this happened so much today
because the professor asked the bright question of
>WHAT IS INTELLIGENCE
and
>CAN MACHINES THINK
please... just teach the course...
>>39583927
end of last year i just stopped going to any lectures because i couldnt take it
still passed all my courses with ok grades
>no bonds
ouch, same
>>39583953
they dont take attendance here except for practicals (sometimes)
>>39583959
you tell me
its like misophonia for me, i just get really sweaty and just get a really bad feeling all throughout me
>>
>>39583995
>Economics with a minor in Finance
You better switch those around if you actually want a job
>>
What would be a good minor for Accounting? I've read that an Asian language like Chinese or Japanese is helpful (I already know Spanish)
>>
>>39584055
>(I already know Spanish)

filthy beaner detected
>>
>>39584074
>implying
I took Spanish every year of High School because it was ez you nigger
>>
File: 1501609132894.jpg (198KB, 620x827px) Image search: [Google]
1501609132894.jpg
198KB, 620x827px
>>39569262
I move in next week
hope i get my willy gobbled by some slag at freshers
>>
Recently finished my B.S in engineering.
Zero friends.
Zero girlfriends.
Seriously contemplating ending it all.
>>
>>39584136
>Got a degree with good job prospects and pays well that most people drop out of because of difficulty
>lol better kill myself because no gf
>>
>>39584168
Good job prospects mean nothing when you feel crushing loneliness every day.
>>
>>39571809
Yeah-the normies. Kill yourself if you go into uni and are in this board. Leave this to the true society hating robots. Go back to plebbit or normiebook to act edgy
>>
>>39584213
You know you can make friends at your job, right?
>>
File: 1500834265650.gif (1MB, 303x307px) Image search: [Google]
1500834265650.gif
1MB, 303x307px
>>39584213
i'll be your gf anon :3
>>
>>39584213

hey guess what women like? money
guess what you can get a lot of? money

shit you can even just buy upper class hookers now senpai
>>
>>39584010
Technically its Economics with a focus in business if that helps. I hope it does
>>
File: IMG_4443.jpg (94KB, 640x919px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4443.jpg
94KB, 640x919px
Who else /community college/ here?
>>
>>39584255
>i'll be your gf anon :3

>roasties clinging to rich virgin robots

NOT

ON MY
WATCH
>>
>>39584272
Reporting in

Small classes and spending 1/10th the money feels nice
>>
>>39584248
I suppose.
>>39584255
Fuck off homo.
>>39584256
I'd rather be alone than with a gold digger.
>>
>tfw cuties everywhere
>can't talk to any of them

A qt talked befriended me once and we went out a few times. I wanted her to be my gf and failed miserably. I blocked off all contact and still see her walking around.
>>
>>39584297
STOP
THOSE DONT EXIST HERE
its real uni or bust
and any real program has a bunch of people
>>
File: 200_s.gif (42KB, 353x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
42KB, 353x200px
>>39584303
why are you bullying me anon :(
I only want to love you
>>
My GF is going to uni this September but I am staying and working as I don't wanna go there.

Any advice for me? Think I will be visiting her twice a month.
>>
>>39584385
>any real program has a bunch of people
No, any shit program that attracts a hordes of normies (Biology, Psychology, ect.) has a bunch of people.
>>
>>39584271
Just take basic economics (101, Macro, Micro), unless you want to become a bureaucrat or pissed off teacher do not major in it.
>>
File: harry truman atomic bomb.jpg (46KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
harry truman atomic bomb.jpg
46KB, 373x521px
I'm a CS major and I have 1 CS class and 3 liberal arts credits, one of them being US Women's History. I was placed into these classes by an advisor because I'm a first year. It's filled with cunts.
>>
>>39584520
>Accounting major
>Had to take an anthropology class for a humanities credit
College is so fucking retarded
>>
>>39584520
but im sure you will learn useful things in those classes so make sure you pay attention anon
>>
>>39584488
no those just have MORE people
our maths and natural sciences faculty has a lot of people enrolled
>>
>>39584577
You're right, I get to write a Wikipedia article about a women in history for 40% of my grade in the class because "women are unfairly and under represented on the internet"
>>
>>39584520
>>39584551
why the fuck do you guys have to take stuff not related to ur degree? that's retarded
>>
>>39584661
The college's excuse is that it makes you "more well rounded", in reality it's just to squeeze more money out of you.
>>
>>39584640
>making a post on the internet talking about women in history
good job anon you can probably use this for your grade
>>
>>39584551
I'm really thinking about transfering to a college way cheaper than my current because I'm not paying this bullshit tuition to take classes that I would take over the summer at a community college for $175 per credit instead of this insane tuition I'm paying now
>>
>>39584661
Cause universities just want money
>>
>>39584520
aha, I forget that's a thing in 'murica. Always gives me a chuckle when i remember
>>
>>39584714
Sometimes your uni lets you takes classes at different colleges for the same credit.

I had a bunch of kids in that anthropology class that were attending a university
>>
>>39584520
>placed into classes by an advisor
dumb cuck
>>
>>39584688
>>39584742
do you guys pay per course?
>>
Having to do over 40 hours per week is killing me inside.
>>
Is Astronomy a meme degree?
>>
>>39584829
If you don't couple it with Physics, yes.
>>
Is PolSci the most redpilled degree?
>>
File: 1493698433577.jpg (104KB, 731x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493698433577.jpg
104KB, 731x720px
>>39569262
>told myself I'd actually go to some clubs at my uni this year to make friend
>looked up first meetings and all
>anime clubs first meeting is tonight
>everyone seems really nice and a bunch of old members have already posted welcome messages to new members on their page
>already started talking myself out of going
I hate myself, why am I so autistic?
>>
>>39584894
>non-STEM
>redpilled
Might as well major in women's studies.
>>
>>39584894
International studies if your uni runs it right desu
>>
>>39584405
Shes gonna fuck alot of dudes my bro
>>
>>39584405
>Any advice for me?
Develop a cuck fetish if you want the relationship to last
>>
Dubs and I talk to a girl today
>>
>>39584496
Why do you think that Economics as a major is so shitty? My school only really offers that and Business Administration as majors in that kind of field.
>>
how do you talk to a girl? isn't it weird to just start talking to someone just like that. when and where is a good time? about what?
>>
It's been so long since I last made a friend I've forgotten how to speak to people but I also don't feel the want for friends either, it's incredibly isolating because I don't feel human, just something wearing a human suit, I struggle to find anyone irl to relate to.
>>
>>39572109
aw fuck I did that last year

it was absolute hell
>>
>>39572109
>>39585644
what the fuck is wrong with you

this awnt fucking hororignal really n wo?
>>
Week of uni behind me and made 0 friends so far. Few acquaintances at best. Was I supposed to waste more money drinking and talk about boring subjects like sports or hyping up next night's clubbing event.

My powerlevel must be larger than everyone in my school combined. There's no one with same interests since everyone here is a chad.
>>
What is the best major to do that will land me a decent job if I'm pretty stupid?
>>
>>39586711
Business/accounting/marketing/etc, just be sure to do an internship and you can easily land yourself some middle management job, not the greatest job but for your average person it pays plenty
>>
>>39582216
I was living with my religious nut mother who verbally abused me for being a "loser" (with good grades) everyday, no internet and very little food from being so poor.

Luckily I'm not there anymore but still it was very depressing.
>>
Anyone here studying a degree to do something in the videogame industry ?
I dropped engineering and everybody is telling to do something I like so of doing that
>>
>>39587478
Im a 4th year CS major specializing in game and graphics design
>>
>>39571575
Are you Paul Wilmott?

I'm your biggest fangirl; currently enrolled in Bocconi masters program in Data Science while pursuing online quant program.
>>
>>39587872
How is it anon ?
I've never drawn in my life and the only I've going for me is half a year of engineering
>>
>>39587478
I'm studying cs, but I don't really want to work professionally in the industry, because it has filled up with normies and sjws. Working at somewhere like ubisoft or activision just seems insufferable. I have always had a fantasy of being an indie developer and self making and releasing several games. That seems comfy as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_2750.png (578KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2750.png
578KB, 1136x640px
>>39569262
>still at cc

HOLY SHIT. I thought my coding class was going to be the one that gives me a hard time. I thought statics would have caused issues...but no. Fucking thermodynamics is kicking my fucking ass cause I'm a retard and cannot memorize units to properly analyze situations and problems...

So college so far this semester has been a bus of engineering courses hitting me in the side
>>
>>39587954
The CS side is probably as hard as any other type of engineering, fuck opengl in particular. You could potentially major in graphic design or something and draw concept art though. You wont get anywhere without at least a bachelors
>>
>kicked out of class for my phone out after I finished the quiz in 5 mins

Fuck school I'm going back to being a neet
>>
File: povertydormsetup.jpg (631KB, 1984x1488px) Image search: [Google]
povertydormsetup.jpg
631KB, 1984x1488px
CS first year, I'm probably gonna fail horribly and drop out, because my brain has been rotting away since puberty and I never learned how to study since I just cruised through highschool without doing a thing. However, I did not pay a dime to attend this uni, so that's the only positive part here.
Living in poverty dorms with 2 other guys, they are pretty chill though. My current setup and bed, gonna get a mouse soon though.
>>
File: elon musk's résumé.png (710KB, 1653x2339px) Image search: [Google]
elon musk's résumé.png
710KB, 1653x2339px
>>39572953
Been there, I got you senpai:

>Dress nicely, but don't overdo it (I.e dress shoes (shine them), dress pants/jeans, tucked button-up shirt (you can roll up the sleeves if it looks/feels better), wrist watch, nice looking belt, i could go on)
>Professional haircut
>Firm Handshake(TM)
>Nice CV (Don't fall for the overly fancy CV meme, people who over-do them are typically uneducated, have been unemployed for a long time etc). And keep it all on one page (Don't fall for the "if it's thicker, it must mean i've got more experience" meme). Elon Musk's a good example (pic related. Note it's all in one page)
>Brush your teeth
>Breath mints
>Be well spoken, make eye contact, be interested etc
And just use common sense.
>>
> going back to uni after 2 years doing small jobs
> "Anyone who has been in this section Before please come see after the presentation"
> I go and explain my case: 2 poorly graded years at uni, 2 years break and I'm back
> They decide to put me straight in second year, saying that I shouldn't waste time
> Do all the paperwork, my file is a complete mess
> Go home, look at curriculum : Algebra 3, Analysis 2, Advanced Python 2, Probability 2...

I don't remember any of this shit, I didn't even do Python when I was in that year. I can't switch back to first year; they just set me up to fail this is ridiculous.
So now instead of slowly going back in student life I will have to cram and study like a retard, I'm in way over my fucking head
>>
>>39588467
Oh, and skip the "skills & competences" bars from Elons CV, it just looks fucking autistic.
>>
>>39588337
what country is this?

yea it's not too bad, as long as your room mates don't snore.
>>
>>39588487
rip in peas, Anon. Had Analysis 1 and 2, and i don't want to even think about how the others are.
My advice is do over, and do it right, or go back to whatever work you can get.
What country are you from by the way?
>>
>>39588467
Nobody gives rat's ass about interests or "references"
>>
>>39588543
Latvia. I sleep with headphones so it's no worry.
>>
>>39588549
France
Yeah I shouldn't have let him do this without really talking
For fuck sakes admin is gonna be really pissed, deadline was yesterday

I don't deserve that shit, but I can't leave college without a perfect diploma, too much pressure
>>
>>39588007
>>39588052
http://www.digitalartsandentertainment.be/page/14/Course+overview
There is this uni close to my home and it doesn't look bad at all
>>
>>39588708
You could always pull some "i want to travel" shite, i was pretty close to doing that this year.
Then you could decieve them even further by actually traveling/working abroad.
>>
>started in uni two weeks ago
>lose all energy
>water tastes like it came from a swimming pool
>eating one meal a day to avoid the cafeteria
>constantly sick
>neighbours are all ultra chads or hipster types
>city university is in is disgusting
>tfw too much of a robot to even go buy basic groceries
>degree is utterly worthless
>haven't showered since I got here
>avoiding taking a shit more than once a week so far
who /droppingoutbyoctober/ here? i hate this place. i think i'm down at least 5 pounds already too, which isn't good...
>>
>>39589127
Friendly advice, go take a shit and shower in the middle of the night, like at 2am. It works for me
>>
>>39589127
>>39589159
>not taking a shit in the kitchen sink to show dominance

No wonder the girls all think you're a beta
>>
>>39589235
I have unironically thought about that. my single dorm room does have a sink, but there's a grill built into the sink preventing solids from falling in.
>>
>>39589992
Thanks for the image of a girl stuck in a sink getting shit on
>>
File: phil.jpg (45KB, 499x333px) Image search: [Google]
phil.jpg
45KB, 499x333px
>In some shitty CAD class
>semi ugly girl with thicc ass and skinny waist comes in
>Sits right next to me, even though all the other girls sat in a cluster away from the betas and I was alone on the other side of the room (surprised the shit out of me)
>Kinda know her, she's in my row in chemistry lab (not partners but right next to me)
>Talk to her through a lot of the class even though its boring
>Get her number
>Ask her if she did an assignment ~5 hours ago
>Still no reply

Probably gonna act like nothing at all happened next class instead of acting awkward all semester because she never replied about that chem assignment. I couldn't stop talking to her if I tried, her body is too fucking good and I can't get adjusted to barely ever fapping
>>
>just started
>haven't talked to any girls (barely any guys at that) even though they are majority
It's gonna be a wild ride
>>
>>39569262
uni is better this year even though it started off with a suicidal breakdown literally the day I returned to my university town

I went to both my classes and I was only late to one, I'm still a space cadet but full classes start next week so we'll see my failure in time I'm sure.
>>
>>39571794
>TFW I have 1 more core to get my stem degree, and 3 more literature classes, and a history class... I am never going to use them REEEEE to make matters worse, the only classes that Can take are African American or old english lit (shakespear n shit), history of the americas pre or post columbus or african American history...

fuck community college man

at least I got a full ride for reasons and i have a 3.9
>>
>>39571644
fucking please kill yourself you stupid fucking ancient-view degenerate cuck...

almost everyone is going to have sex and do drugs, girls and boys, and if you're too fucking retarded to accept this then you deserve to be a virgin for life or to end up with a ditzy "good christian" woman who will be awful at blow jobs until she cheats on you with a man who offers her a more entertaining life.
>>
>study literally all day for a quiz
>prepared as fuck to drop knowledge on these dummies
>anxiety kicks in during quiz
>C+
FUCK
>>
>when you're in the hellish purgatory of being able to easily banter with people in class but haven't made any friends outside of class from it
I fucking hate social anxiety, though I've gotten somewhat better about it.
On a side note language courses seem to be a good way to force yourself to come out of your shell, or at least Japanese has been
>tons of in class practice you're forced to do in pairs or more
>"skit" presentations at end of semester
>pretty small class sizes
it was rough at first but it's helped
>>
>>39591543
Japanese was always my favorite class. Too bad it was only an elective
>>
File: 1420166318282.jpg (38KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420166318282.jpg
38KB, 706x720px
What the fuck does your resume look like, Anons?

Do you think Stacy from HR will accept you into the company?
>>
>tfw you find fellow 4channers at your school
>>
>>39592067
>tfw you don't find fellow 4channers at your school

Good.
>>
File: UD wojak.png (580KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
UD wojak.png
580KB, 800x850px
Another day done in the middle of fucking nowhere. Yesterday I stole someone's lunch from the food court, since I was out of cash. Today I saw someone had left their Starbucks coffee bottle sitting on a ledge near the dining hall. I kicked it over and watched it shatter on the ground near the door. I've resolved to mildly inconvenience as many people in this school as I can as a hobby.
>>
>>39569262
back at uni for my masters. I'm 29.

value your time in your 20s kids, it flies
>>
>go on 2-3 hours walk every night around sunset because too depressed to do anything else
>walk around watching the sun go down as normies clear out of the campus
>see couples walking by and having fun and start feeling sad because I'll never have someone to be happy with like that
>often spend the walks thinking about depressing things about myself
>think about how and when to kill myself
>normie roommates all think I'm actually going out to see some girl and have sex every night and I have no idea if they're fucking with me or not
best years of your life my dude
>>
>>39572551
You aren't missing anything Ill give you a run down
>Scan ID to get into building
>Scan ID to use elevator/stairs
>Scan to go in hallway
>Scan to get in room
>Roommate wants to be black even though hes not, blasts music
>People next door have angry sex you hear it
>Floor meeting whenever your busy and RA tries to get everyone to go
>Loud dorm activities outside while you have to study for exams
>Repeat scanning to get out of building
Its gay AF. Stay off campus
>>
>>39590245
She doesn't want you bro, accept it
>>
>>39592769
>not living in a single at the end of the hallway on the top floor on the side facing a courtyard
>not having RAs that never actually do anything
It's so quiet and peaceful here. It's amazing how different across the hall is with road noise too.
>>
Who else /tryingtoohard/?
>>
>>39592968
Sounds kinda comfy. I prefer my apartment over dorm life though, fewer normies to bother me.
Plus I skipped almost all the "mandatory" floor meetings
>>
>>39592347
I commute to Del Tech, Stanton and Terry Campus doing Computer engineering. I dont want to come to UD next fall. kill me anon.I also work in smith hall
>>
second semester now
still no friends, aside from one girl who i know is just using me
hung out with a friend who was in my highschool for one year just stopped when i figured out he literally was just being friendly to me to trick a group of rick white lib kids into he knew into thinking he was popular. (pretending like we were best friends etc even know i barely knew him)
how the fuck do i get a gf?
i want a gf so bad - and no i cbf having fake friendships with normalscum to get one

I thought there were supposed to be similarly autistic asian qts. do they not go to the second teir unis? it wouldnt suprise me if they're all smart enough to get into the top unis. this city is like 50% asian and the only asians at my uni are the blond haired slut types.
its a pretty shit place academically speaking
>>
>>39593668
rich* oops
>>
>>39593668
I've met quite a few autistic (or damn near due to poor english skills) Asian girls the past 3 years. However whats your major and what are your classes? The demography of each class varies wildly by subject
>>
>>39593736
spent a semester doing international studies before i realised im too autistic to network a job with it so im studying first sem of accounting now

there are a lot of foreign students, but it seems like they study in separate classes for the first year.
>>
>>39593828
personally the most autistic asian girls per capita in a class I had was for Japanese and Computer science, so long as you can suppress your autism enough to pick a class like Japanese/Korean (don't do Chinese since they're usually Chinese themselves) or some contemporary Japanese/Korean culture class you'll sniff out a few of them.
basically pick a subject you'd figure an autistic, and most likely a weaboo/koreaboo, would be interested in taking
>>
bumpushiteimasu!
>>
>>39588337
RTU?
>>
There. This report has dimensional analysis and a clear explanation of the steps, goals, and results. We crunched our numbers multiple times and checked every step to make sure we understood the math at every juncture. We converted our units. We used google docs. We took more data than necessary. We exceeded the page limit. We spent three fucking hours in the library. We got help from a physics major. I drank Red Bull and skipped lunch. We accounted for possible errors in the voltage readings. We found out what was wrong with the wiring. All of our essential data is clearly presented in a table, and we explain the math. We integrated, subtracted, squared, substituted, measured, multiplied, and generally math'd our way to these answers. We explain the general trend of the numbers and the possible implications of the charge/mass ratio that we found. We spent like half an hour trying to figure out why one term was printed the way it was. This has to be acceptable work. No fucking way we've fucked this one up this time. I've stayed up so fucking late.
>>
File: 100% sexy.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
100% sexy.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>joined a full contact larping group
>hits can't be bullshit grazes, have to have good contact, weapons made of fiberglass and foam so if you get hit hard enough you'll bruise
>if a hit is too light, it doesn't count
>some faggot doesn't call his hits, hasn't for the past couple days he's been a part of the group
>obvious that he is getting hits because of the noise that weapons make on contact
>also know this because I asked people on my team about it, and they say they hit him before, etc.
>it was bad enough that at one point he was flat on his ass and was calling himself alive still
>tell the others that if he doesn't call his shots then just hit him harder
>a few rounds later he leaves
no wonder normies bully people. to be fair though, he was being a faggot
so what clubs have you attended anon?
>>
>>39595533
>senior year, fucking alone still so might as well do the usual forcing myself to attend shit in hopes of something happening
>joined a fencing group intro meeting
>almost got stabbed in the dick
>attend a "Tea time" group
>literally just sit down in a room and drink tea
>was comfy the first few meetings, but now the normies have taken over and the whole room is a loud mess
>attend "leGamerClub xDDDD"
>nothing but lolfags and dotafags, codbabbies
>hear that the smash kiddies were banned for their autism and formed their own club
welp, at least I'm leaving this town in a year
>>
If your school mascot is an animal, post it's genus and species. I'll start
>Thomomys bottae
>>
>>39593222
>brainwashed by media into thinking dorm life would be great
>thinking about it towards end of high school
>realize im a dipshit and it's mostly an american (and probably other places not here) thing
really sad about it desu
>>
File: IMG_0201.png (10KB, 128x91px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0201.png
10KB, 128x91px
I work twenty hours a week four days a week and i think I'm gonna blow my brains out if i try to do this since it is my senior year of engineering and i have projects out the ass. I wanna ask my manager for less hours but i feel like since i work grocery i might lose my job if i do. But i might be able to swing something since it is a college town and they knew i was a student so this was expected.

Wat do? How can i approach the situation? I don't wanna spend the last year of kinds freedom as a wagecuckim already depressed
>>
hope things turn out well
I'm lowkey dying on the inside I can barely enjoy music and everything that inspired or stimulated me in the past falls flat

23 y/o transfer
>>
>>39588503
i like the fact that he almost maxed them out
>>
File: s10r9dr.jpg (48KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
s10r9dr.jpg
48KB, 648x595px
Bamping this thread. Original comment btw
>>
>>39588837
You don't understand, I can't not go to college this year. There is no way out
Either I backtrack and tell them to put me back in first year, or I go get blasted in the ass in second year
>>
Any transfer fag with advice for my dilemma?

Okay so Im a cali fag trying to transfer as a CC student to a cal state for electrical engineering. My gpa is an embarrassing 2.49 cumulative GPA since I got Cs on my calc series and too many Bs rather than As. The schools Im looking at (csulb and csu pomona) require 2.5 GPAs minimum for their engineering college transfers and certain reqs completed (math and physics).

Im ahead of the required math reqs and about to be done with my physics reqs this fall semester. If I apply this fall to transfer for next fall 2018, will they use my current cumulative GPA at the time of applying (this fall semester) or will they consider my cumulative GPA after this semester and my last semester in CC (which is spring 2018)? If I get straight As for this fall semester and next spring semester, I will have a much more palatable 3.3 GPA but Im worried that they wont factor that in and reject me based off my shitty GPA during this semester.

If they'll reject me if I apply this fall, wouldnt it be better to wrap up CC next spring and send in the earliest transfer to get into spring 2019 instead?
>>
>>39571707

Well? Don't leave us in the dark.
>>
File: Jotaro-Kujo-Jojos.jpg (48KB, 859x486px) Image search: [Google]
Jotaro-Kujo-Jojos.jpg
48KB, 859x486px
>originally sharing single room dorm with old high school friend
>don't really know anyone else here but at least we get along well
>thought this might be the first semester I won't hate living on campus
>friend gets ra position and has to move out
>get assigned a new roommate
>some random normie who had some sort of dispute with his former roommates and got moved
>talking only night class of the week
>get a text from him asking when I'd be back because he had his gf over
>tell him both when I'm heading back and when I'm almost at the building
>no response
>he's fucking her and "hiding" it with a tv playing some show
>can still clearly hear her moaning because they're not trying to be quiet
>have to wait for them to finish
>heat up food, put headphones on max, and read while waiting
>had to wait almost a full hour
>texted me as if he was so oblivious to not know I was already back
Not a single week and I already can't stand this faggot, couldn't even check with me ahead of time to make sure I wouldn't be there. Can't fault my friend though, he is getting free housing now which is saving him a lot, but it's put me in the same shit situation I've had to suffer through before. Steel Ball Run is a pretty good read though, enjoying it a lot so far.
>>
Anyone else currently studying abroad?
>>
File: tiresome.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
tiresome.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>finally going to finish after this semester
>didn't do any internships
>didn't make any connections
>didn't make any friends
>GPA will be a decent 3.5, but my lack of experience will kill any sort of chance I have at getting a job
>will either have to continue onto my master's or add another major or just say fuck it and join the military
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.