[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job hunting thread Share your experiences. I'll start:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 2767573727557575.jpg (150KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
2767573727557575.jpg
150KB, 600x596px
Job hunting thread

Share your experiences. I'll start:

I am a robot in my mid 20s with no gf and with social anxiety that never worked a single day in my pathetic life. Not that I want to but the fact is that I've applied to tens of jobs, been called 6 or 7 interviews and I've been rejected every single time. I've applied for jobs both in my field of studies and retail. And I even failed to get a fucking retail job.
I have a BSc and I'm finishing my masters and that has been keeping my mind kind of occupied and not get this depressive thoughts. But in a few months all that will be over and this feels are coming again.
This last time I applied and have done some psychometric tests which I suspect I failed due to my rotting brain from a neet like life with no stimulae. I still have some hope but everyday that passes i lose a bit of it. I really need this job because I'm having financial trouble.

I face my social phobia, I try to better myself everyday but still I fail everytime. Normies don't go through half of what I did, don't try as hard as I try and they still manage to get jobs, gfs...
How do you keep positive and don't become a resentful being with nothing but hatred inside?
What is the meaning of life if you don't do nothing but eat, shit, piss, drink, jerk off, play video games to ease the pain, sleep, repeat? Are we robots destined to wait for death?
>>
>>39565940
>has BSc and going for masters
>never worked once
Does that include internships? If so you're fucked.
What major, btw?
>>
>>39565940
>had a whole bunch of interviews this summer with getting called back for 2nd and 3rd interviews
>still no dice
>interviews quickly died out since August
>too educated/experienced to get a hourly slave job
I'm approaching the 6 month death mark for job hunting and nothing is going right. Especially after my retarded younger brother got a great job right after he got his bachelor's. My parents are even talking about kicking me out since "I'm not trying hard enough"
>>
>>39565976

Not even interships. I actually applied to some but I am always rejected nonetheless.

management information systems
>>
>>39566113
>"I'm not trying hard enough"

Same fucking thing. I try to learn new skills all the time but at this point it seems to be pointless, it never pays off. So I cannot keep motivated to better myself any longer
>>
>>39566174
>it never pays off
because it's not "certified" or "official"
It's really all about connections, especially with the economy still being unofficially a shitshow
>>
>>39566259

Wtf should I do now? Rob people?
My parents won't be here forever and I bet they will kick me out sometime...
>>
>have 3 years of retail experience
>have an associates
>applied to about 15 retail related places for part time
>didn't get a single job
The funny thing is I was so motivated to find something especially in sales but after about a week or two all I want to do is just sit around at home watching cartoons/anime.
>>
>>39566479

>all I want to do is just sit around at home watching cartoons/anime

When I've been stuck with that for years you won't find it fun any longer
>>
>>39566627
Start working then. After a week or two you'll wanna go back.
>>
>>39565940
I'm almost 22. No high school diploma. Never worked. My anxiety is so bad that people can't even understand me when I speak.

I'll try to get disability check but idk about italy laws on it. If I can't get anything I'll rope myself (will have to steal it since no money).
>>
I just landed a job doing political polling calls, and it's fucking great. Computer automatically dials for you, so you just sit there and read the poll script that pops up.
>>
File: 1488396928411.png (7KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1488396928411.png
7KB, 284x284px
bootstraps eye contact handshake
four step program champ!
>>
File: 1502301293531.png (139KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
1502301293531.png
139KB, 283x283px
>Might have a job by Friday
>It's retail
>Could be a normie by next month
>>
>>39566684

I doubt they will give you anything. Migrants are first in line...

>>39566741
Awesome. Is it your first job?

>>39566750
What does that even mean?

>>39566766

I will start to hate you then. But I guess that's a good thing
>>
>>39565940
>been noticing handyman dude in neighborhood
>see him needing some help moving some lumber
>"hey man, need a hand?"
>uh sure grab those
>move the shit with him
>drop how I could use some work since stores aren't really hiring
>after like an hour of working with him he offers me a job for 10/hr 3 or 4 days a week, no big deal, he'll even pick me up
>shake his hand, look him in the eye and thank him
>start next monday
you all want normie jobs forgetting that you can't do them. trades/STEM are where robots must be employed for success.
>>
>>39567111
>you all want normie jobs forgetting that you can't do them. trades/STEM are where robots must be employed for success
^^^^^^ This originally
>>
File: 1498287001444.jpg (234KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1498287001444.jpg
234KB, 1280x850px
How to get out of the "no job because no experience, can't get experience without a job" vicious circle?

Jobs are supposed to be something you do because you can do it and someone is willing to reward you for doing it and you want that reward. Why does it have to be so complicated. Why should your history condemn you for life.
>>
>>39567732
volunteer somewhere, most places are starving for them and it makes it look like you have a modicum of adjustment and experience with something.
even if its not in the field specifically that you want to pursue, every little bit helps
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.