[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>attending a funeral >everyone's crying but me this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 23424563676245145.jpg (5KB, 236x285px) Image search: [Google]
23424563676245145.jpg
5KB, 236x285px
>attending a funeral
>everyone's crying but me
this is the fucking worst situation i could have fell into
>>
I've been to three funerals and I only cried at them because I absolutely forced myself to. I didn't feel anything at them, even though they were all relatively close
>>
File: 1501256966897.jpg (76KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1501256966897.jpg
76KB, 480x454px
>>39558274
>be 12
>altar boy
>do funerals for the money
>as casket is being moved I remember a funny joke
>laugh
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 206x245px
>>39558274
>at grandfather's funeral
>not shedding a single tear
>glance at mom who is absolutely devastated and constantly crying
>tears start welling up
>>
>>39558274
If you get called on it, say words to the effect of "I still just can't believe it's real... the fact he's just... gone." It's dumb but plausible you're in the denial phase of grief
>>39558510
They may have assumed you were just coping in a different way. Gallows Humor is definitely a solid way of dealing with death and morbidity.
>>
File: images (30).jpg (21KB, 309x476px) Image search: [Google]
images (30).jpg
21KB, 309x476px
>>39558274
I did the same when my mom died, i mean i fucking loved/love her but i find it difficult to cry, even when my sister had a miscarriage i didn't cry or attend to the funeral
>>
>>39558274

I've cried in all the funerals I've been to, even if I didnt even really know the guy. I guess it's just all the pressure and other people crying and shit.
>>
do you retards think anyone is taking notes on who is or isnt crying, and secondly why would you give a shit?
>>
This is the mind of the average robot

You're at a funeral, where someone is experiencing the grief of losing a loved one, not only having to disrupt their own lives, but deal with the financial and emotional fallout of burying someone they will miss for the rest of their lives. And yet somehow you manage to make yourself the victim.

OP is a pathetic and self-obsessed ghoul who thinks the world is shit because the only thing he ever sees is the inside of his own ass.
>>
It's not even trying to be macho or anything. My best friend died a few yewrs ago and I still didn't cry. Felt like shit, sure, but just couldn't cry.
>>
>>39558819
this is simply not possible,it's not a thing i would say,hell i cant even cry at the thought of a dead parent i was close to how in the world am i supposed to lie to so many people
>>
File: 1452161125531.png (129KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452161125531.png
129KB, 300x300px
>>39558274
>attending a funeral

there are more enjoyable ways to waste 2000 dollars, anon
>>
>>39558880
YOU're the avarage robot,thinking everyone has their had up in their own asses but you.
i was more concerned about looking like an uncaring asshole more than anything,i'm not playing the victim here,i was pointing out how i cant express emotions in a emotion riddled situation
>>
>>39559132
>can't

you obviously you weren't emotional. It's okay to not hurt. Just keep a blank face, sit where you need to, be respectful.

I consider crying at someone's funeral to be disrespectful, personally. You shouldn't exacerbate a moment of solemn grief with attention-grabbing wailing and moaning that makes a mockery of the entire procession.
>>
>concerned at all about what people think about you

YOU people call yourselves ROBOTS? Get the fuck away from here, fake bitches. Fucking normies I'd kill you all with pleasure.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>39559469
nice try bucko but real robots dont even get out of home because they're concerned about what other people think
>>
>around 12
>at funeral of deceased mothers friends daughter
>get to open casket with mom
>she gets tears in her eyes and cries a little bit
>very loudly say "what's the big deal? It's just a dead body!"
wew lad
>>
>>39559503
Okay I'll give you that, but this is on another level. Maybe it's just me, but for some reason I would totally not care about that particular area. Or even more - I'd like people to think I am a soulless asshole without emotions.
>>
>>39558274
Didnt cry at my moms funeral. No reason to, i belive when a person dies thats it. Theyre gone. The body is nothing, no reason to slather it in foundation, stuff it with sawdust then parade it around. No reason to cry, what do the dead care of the living?
>>
>>39559601
it was different for me tho,i DID feel sadness in that moment,i simply couldn't express it,and the fear of looking like an asshole didnt help
>>
>be 12/13 years old
>both grandparents died within 2 weeks
>funeral
>roastie mentions my name
>burst out laughing
>>
Didn't cry at my uncle's a week and a half ago. I cried once over his death immediately after it happened though because it was very sudden and seeing my dad cry got to me.
>>
>ran backhoe at funeral home, dug graves
>was usually within earshot of burials
>everyone is a good man a good father and a good husband
>fuck em
>get calls basically daily since nobody checks me
>start to hate job
>start driving with doors open
>set ringtone to highway to hell, max volume at all times
>got away with it for like 3 weeks until some ultra catholic family complained and got me shitcanned
good times
>>
>>39561188
That seems like a pretty robot job. Why'd you hate it?
>>
Trust me when I say it's better not to cry or feel that sorrow. I used to be very sensitive, cried my eyes out the first two funerals I went to and felt so miserable I was near suicide for weeks afterward. But I hardened up over the years and now I'm stone-faced when bad shit happens. Learn to be mournful and respectful without crying and getting depressed, people respect you more for it anyway, and you can help out others who are taking it harder.
>>
>>39559601
Doesn't the thought that when someone dies they're gone forever make you MORE sad and likely to cry? I mean if they're in the afterlife enjoying themselves there's no reason to be sad now is there? But if they are gone and you'll never see them again, that's extremely depressing.
>>
>>39561210
12 by 6 week, no ac in cheap ass backhoe, 130 in cab on days in hot ass dark green coveralls, and no real benefits to speak of. had to do our own maintenance too.
>>
>>39558274
You have no real problems

>>39558859
>miscarriage
>funeral

Normies make me fucking sick.
>>
Went to my grandpas funeral, everyone there was a bunch of fucking normies... makes me fucking sick. Didn't shed a tear though so go me!
>>
>thinking your loved one would want you to suffer incessantly for them

The way I saw it, might as well use that grief as a catalyst for self improvement. Otherwise I'm just walking in the quicksand of grief.
>>
File: 1502988748500.png (8KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
1502988748500.png
8KB, 194x259px
>>39558274
>be me
>about ten years ago
>teenage boy
>gramma finally gives in to the ol cancer
>at funeral
>pretty sad, but not crying like the others
>after the service, we congregate upstairs for food and drink
>realize that i will never eat her cooking again (she was a chef)
>realize she is gone forever
>sit down in chair and start losing my shit
>aunt tries to calm me down
>just want to be left alone

I've been to a few funerals, but that one was the worst.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.