[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anons with bad teeth, how bad are they and is the pain bearable?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
anons with bad teeth, how bad are they and is the pain bearable? my mom said i should go to the dentist but im not wanting to pay someone to critique my brushing habits. i have good teeth but a stain or two inside a back molar and thought they could be cavities but they dont hurt

she also said having bad teeth can kill you heart like a heart atack by eating a valve out. How bad would it hurt tonlet your mouth get that bad? is that a good way to die?
>>
I have pearls in my mouth
>>
>i have good teeth but a stain or two inside a back molar and thought they could be cavities but they dont hurt
Go and get those cavities fixed before they damage more of your teeth.
>>
I was blessed with decent teeth genetics. I don't always brush them, don't floss, eat shit and drink soft drink, but the dentist commented on how much care I must take on my teeth when he took a look and commented on no cavities or cracks or anything and I told him about my unhealthy habits and he was just like 'Huh, that's pretty weird then'.

That being said, my wisdom teeth haven't come through, but are rotated basically 90 degrees so the tops of them are facing my back teeth. If they decide to start moving, I'm fucked.
>>
Mine are pretty fucked up from decades of negligence and VERY sparse brushing habits.

Toothaches come and go, they get pretty fucking painful but usually stop within a few days.
When you start to get swelling from an infection, that's when you really need to go to the dentist so they can hook you up with antibiotics and a pain killer.
Luckily my front teeth are mostly in tact but I can tell they're not looking so great.
My molars are all sorts of fucked up though, I can only chew on the right side of my mouth (barely).

>tfw you're eating and you feel a crunch
>it's a piece of tooth crumbling off again
>>
>>39557158
See it different dude. My dentist always points out areas that need more attention with brushing so i can really do something with this feedback.

At least let your teeth get checked every few years but twice a year is advisable in western civ where there is sugar added in everything.

Dont see it as critique but as advice. Like with most medical stuff it really helps if you try to be open about it with a trusted doctor
>>
>>39557336
>If they decide to start moving, I'm fucked.
same desu, and i think they are starting to move, fml
>>
>>39557356
do many of your molars have cavitites on the tops of them? and when you say painkillers is the pain really brutal? and which teach tend to chip?

thank you
>>
>>39557356
Same thing here, small parts of teeth are gradually falling off. One of my molars fell apart completely, got a huge swelling infection where i couldnt even open my mouth, went to dentist to have it removed and he says my teeth are pretty good apart from a few cavities. What? My shit is literally falling apart and he says its okay.
>>
>>39557356
In the EXACT same boat, literally. Everything other than the front teeth is melted away almost to flesh level, and two front teeth have broken off and are now plastic. I can't wait to get them all replaced some day.
Also, they rarely hurt now, only when severely infected. They all died long ago, used to hurt for up to a week, then they'd give up.
>>
>>39557158
I lost most of my teeth to cancer when I was younger. I never tell anyone and nobody ever notices I have false teeth.
>>
File: 1463262555804.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463262555804.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
>>39557158
Bad. Very bad. Somewhere between train wreck and nightmare. There were many, many times where the pain was unbearable.

>mfw I just read the rest of your post
You're an idiot.
>>
File: Pepe Laughing.jpg (41KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Laughing.jpg
41KB, 640x633px
>>39557336
I removed 2 of my wisdoom teeth 1.5 years ago. Will be going to the dentist tomorrow for cleaning and make appointment to remove the remaining 2 hopefully next week.

Im watching tartar cleaning videos on youtube feels so satisfying
>>
I don't think you can claim to be a robot if you don't have bad teeth. Mine are absolutely horrible. I'm 23 and when I went to the dentist they told me I had the mouth of a 55 year old. I used to get really stressed about them but then I realized I have much bigger things to worry about.
>>
File: 1503495725519.png (198KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1503495725519.png
198KB, 500x375px
>had awful teeth
>got multiple teeth pulled out
>then braces for 2.5 years
>retainer for a year
>got depressed and stopped caring about my image
>stopped wearing retainer
>teeth are turning crooked again

mfw
>>
>>39557336
I'm like you, I have pretty much perfect teeth no matter what I do. But unlike you I was born without wisdom teeth so I'll never have to deal with that bullshit.
>>
haven't been to a dentist in 5 years now. never floss. i'm so fucked
>>
>>39557336
My winsdome tooths root waa shaped like an L. They arent aupposed to let you keep teeth anymore, but she let me sneak mine out because it was so crazy. If i could find it id take a pic.
Last dentist i went to tho made me pay 600 for a filling that fell out, no lie, 6months later.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
They're all going to shit. I'm 30 and last time I went to a dentist was 11 years ago and they weren't all good then too.

On a somewhat related note: do you brush your tongue?
>>
I had very bad brushing habits in my teenage and childhood years and drank only sugary sodas for hydration.

I went to the dentist once and hadn't been brushing my teeth pretty much at all for about 10 days. Before I left home I brushed them really good, or so I thought, to try to hide it. But when I sat down in his chair he examined me and commented immediately that I hadn't brushed my teeth well in a week. It was super embarrassing and I felt really ashamed. He sent me into their bathroom to brush my teeth before he would fill my cavities.

Then I had to go back in 3 weeks. This time I'd been brushing twice a day and flossing. He examined them and commented that I'd been doing a great job and improved my habits a lot. I've been taking almost perfect care of my teeth since then. But I still drink sodas with meals and occasionally between them (Diet Barq's, because it's apparently the least acidic of all soft drinks).
>>
>>39557158
I used to never brush because the only bathroom in the house was in my abusive moms room.

Now that I moved out,I got $3000 worth of uninsured dental work. Now I brush and floss daily. Feels good man.
>>
I have a pretty severe cavity, and it gets worse every day. The gum underneath it is swollen. Taking ibuprofen helps with the pain. When I don't take any I can't stand it.
I'd have the tooth pulled immediately if I had the money.
>>
>>39557158
femanon here

dont post that kind of filth here
>>
Haven't been to the dentist since 2005
one of my wisdom teeth is partially erupted and its hiding under my gums so I can't clean it completely with a brush. Every now and then an infection breaks out. recently it got worse so i started brushing my teeth more often and using mouth wash. i also have crooked teeth. I think my breath stinks as well because it looks like the wisdom tooth is decaying but I'm not 100% sure. Wish I could do something but fuck the dentist where i live its a luxury to go to one, and you gotta pay thousands
>>
>>39557158
When I was younger, maybe from like 12 until 16, I only brushed my teeth every few weeks. I've got a few cavities and they're a little bit, but I'm honestly quite lucky they're not a lot worse considering how much sugar I used to eat and how little care I used to take of them.

I feel like it's all going to catch up with me one day though.
>>
i have 2 abscessed molars currently, and cavities on nearly every single tooth lol. pain gets outta control if i don't brush/floss at least 2 times a day. i really wanna go and get them fixed, but no money or health insurance.
>>
>>39557158
I had to get a root canal a few months back and I was only 19, felt bad emotionally and physically. I take care of my teeth so I can only guess the giant hole in my back tooth was caused by my chomping down on something hard and chipping it and somehow not noticing it. Eventually it got infected and its probebly the worst pain I've ever felt in my life, it was constant and crippling, I think it definitely hurt my mind too because I could stop the constant jabber in my head. Made me feel like a total loser failure. Overall not a fun experience.
>>
>good, healthy 5 point molars, no cavities
>eat a steak
>forget to brush teeth
>gum is puffy, there is a piece of meat stuck between teeth

is this bad lads? will i get an infection?
>>
It's a slippery slope. Your teeth don't feel that bad at first, and you think everything is fine. But then in a couple years you can't really chomp down on hard things anymore like nuts, hard candy, etc. It hurts, or you chip a tooth, so you stop. Whatever, you don't need them right?

Then harder regular food starts hurting to eat. Anything with crunch. Celery, carrots, basically any fresh fruits or veggies. So you stop with those.

Somewhere along the lines, your mouth becomes incredibly sensitive to cold. Fresh out of the fridge? Enjoy a sharp stab of pain. Ice cream? Hope you like eating it very slowly. Don't put ice in anything ever again or it'll hurt the entire glass.

Then you start actually losing teeth. Your gums or dentin is exposed. Even softer foods hurt a little. It doesn't matter what you eat, it'll hurt some. Start eating everything slower or you can't bear it. I hope you don't like corn on the cobb because it's gone now. Same with anything harder than a sandwich you have to bite. Knife and fork or you can't eat.

Now, I wake up with the taste of blood almost every day. My two front top teeth are completely gone. My "biting" consists of gripping with the shattered remains of my top and the weakened bottom, and ripping. I can't eat ANYTHING without cutting it into small bites, can't chew on the right side of my mouth at all, and chewing almost anything hurts on the left side. I've gotten at least 4 or 5 tooth infections, to the point where I can tell when another is coming on. I think I'm about to get another one, I have to pop a couple painkillers at night to dull the pain so that I can sleep. It's a gentle, constant throbbing of pain currently, though I can usually ignore it most of the day.
>>
>>39560872
i'm no expert, but i think you should go to the dentist, anon
>>
>ate plenty of sweets during early childhood
>chipped my front 2 teeth during primary school years from a small bicycle accident
it was fixed but if you look closely you can see where it got chipped
>drank tons of soda in total through elementary to high school
>have had 2 cavities in the past - 1 covered with mercury now
>have a visible cavity but no dental insurance
>last time i went to the dentist was around 5 years ago

i brushed my teeth every morning up until the end of high school but ive flossed less than 100 times im sure. my teeth haven't been very strong due to my lifestyle choices. my enamel is weakened, i say i have another 10 years before they wither away (only 21) without proper care. I don't even brush my teeth daily anymore, more like 1 a week twice at best.
>>
>>39560916
I can't afford it. I have no insurance. I never went for any of my infections, I just ate over the counter painkillers all day every 4 hours until, a few days later, the pain stopped and the infection head burst and pus drained into my mouth.

I hear that if the infection bursts the wrong way, further into your body or, heaven forbid, breaks into your jaw bone, it's game over. I heard a story once about a guy who let his tooth infection go, and years later he started suffering from extreme headaches. Turns out, the infection spread into his lower jaw and spread up. His skull, cheekbones, etc. were all weakened and cracked, and the doctors flat out told him if he had ever gotten a moderate blow to the head like a slip and fall, or running into something, it would've shattered and his brain would've been pincushioned with bone fragments, or bruised/whathaveyou from the impact itself.
>>
Get the cavities filled before you need root canals instead.
>>
File: teef.jpg (155KB, 1282x758px) Image search: [Google]
teef.jpg
155KB, 1282x758px
>>39557158
>not fixing your shitty ugly teeth that kept you a robot
>>
File: WIN_20170907_01_44_38_Pro.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170907_01_44_38_Pro.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>39561481
As you can see i still have a single rogue tooth, but i think next month they are going to attach the brace to it and pull it forward.

they sanded down my teeth last week. it was the worst thing desu
>>
>>39561520
>those few in the front
keep that enamel nice and stronk

mines much thinner
>>
>>39561646
>>those few in the front
what do you mean?
>>
>>39557158
I had 5 teeth removed a couple of years ago.

Four of those were wisdom teeth, they weren't growing in sideways or anything like most people. In fact, they had been in my mouth for years and years as long as I can remember, truth be told I didn't even realize that they were wisdom teeth. They were however full of cavities, one with a gaping hole in it.

The reason why i went to the dentist in the first place is because I had a filling fall out of my pre-molar tooth.. I then ignored it for 5 years like an asshole. Food would get stuck in it, I had to try and brush inside of my tooth-hole, I could see it rotting from the inside out, etc.

One day I was chewing a piece of gum and heard *CRACK* echoing through my skull and I nearly fell over in pain. This pain would last for 72 hours and actually get worse over time. I couldn't sleep because the pressure of my jaw closing and my teeth touching would jolt me awake, it felt like someone was ripping my jaw in half. I had to crawl to mommy and ask for help like a toddler.

Finally she took me to a dentist who referred me to a surgeon and I got meds including some excellent opioids and they were like "oh well mister anon we could pull your tooth out, or we could do a root canal procedure and th-" and I screamed at them to pull my tooth out before I did it myself, and they were like "oh yeah by the way you have wisdom teeth and they're also fucked up.

so yeah that's that. The teeth I do have left aren't exactly pristine either. Teeth suck and our health system is gay.

>>39557336
You're also probably like 17 years old. Come back and tell us how your teeth are in a decade, Superman.
>>
I don't live in a shithole so I have gone to the dentist for free every year since i was born, the result is that my teeth are fine.
Except that I apparently grind teeth at night so my two bottom central teeth has been badly damaged.
>>
>>39562319
>I don't live in a shithole so I have gone to the dentist for free every year since i was born,

t. underage swedecuck
>>
>>39562243

you had a cavity for 5 years and didnt do anthing until it literally split apart. You are a fucking moron
>>
>>39563064
Yes, thanks captain obvious I already said that in my own post.
>>
File: 20170906_112813.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170906_112813.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
my contribution to this
>>
tfw part of my front bottom teeth chipped off
i-it's only on the back part so it doesn't matter right?
>>
>>39557158
Get your teeth fixed, faggot. Dental problems are no joke.
>>
File: 1501551233152.jpg (68KB, 644x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1501551233152.jpg
68KB, 644x1244px
>ate junk food and drank soda all through childhood because that's what I was fed and didn't know any better
>all those years without eating healthy food or drinking water wrecked everything
>used to get yelled at by the dentist to brush my teeth correctly, but was never taught how to. developed a phobia of dentists which didn't help things
>nearly all my teeth have mercury fillings which have possibly been poisoning me this entire time
>two years ago ate a fry and one of my molars snapped in two, releasing a filling
>went insane a month later out of the blue and stopped caring about my teeth winch made things worse
>not enough money to do anything
>no health or dental insurance
>>
>turning 24 in 2 months
>haven't yet had any pain from the wisdom tooth area
am I in the clear?
>>
>>39559999
>femanon here
You wasted perfectly good quads
>>
>>39564607
america is so fucked, im glad i live in germany.
the only thing I had to pay for was 200 bucks for being sent to sleep when my wisdom teeth got pulled out.

and my teeth related feel is that my dentist sanded my front teeth a little, I dont know why and now heat and cold hurt me, also getting braces in the near future
>>
>>39557158
>trusting dentists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd3KXwXQW-A
>>
File: BOPpositiv_g.jpg (198KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
BOPpositiv_g.jpg
198KB, 1024x683px
My teeth are ok but my gum bleeds like fuck if I try to brush it. Looks like someone threw a brick at my face.
>>
>>39557158
I just had $16,000 of dental work completed and didn't pay a single penny of it, but wage cucks who pay taxes did. It feels good.
>>
cavities don't always hurt, you retard
but they will when they reach the nerve
>>
>>39565768
How'd you manage this?
>>
>>39565998
State insurance for NEETs.
>>
>>39566065
That's only for basic care. You can't get "work" done with SSI.
>>
File: 20170906_171248.jpg (518KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170906_171248.jpg
518KB, 1920x1080px
Anon here with bad teeth (pic related is me). Actually having teeth pulled for fakes tomorrow so this thread is a coincidence for me. It doesn't really hurt unless you hit them hard enough but holy shit does it take away from a bunch of my self esteem. Listen to me OP you don't want teeth like this just go to the dentist. Being told you don't brush enough is worse than them making fun of you because your teeth are breaking with everytime you eat.
>>
>>39566140
In my state it covers everything besides crowns or optional cosmetic work. In my case it even covered a partial bridge.
>>
>>39566229
FUCK
how the fuck does one achieve that?
>>
>>39566249
Lucky you. I'm envious. Was able to get several pulled but have no options to replace anything. Not even with dentures.
>>
>>39561012
>>39560872
>>39564607

What about the free clinic?
Is there any way for you to get any dental treatment that you can afford?

From what you wrote your condition heavily interferes with your daily life.

>>39565603
Czech Republic, everything that is basic care is covered by insurance. Mercury amalgam fillings, pulling teeth, surgery. Only premium stuff you have to pay for.

Hell even composite crowns for teeth are also covered by insurance here. But wages are half of what you get in germany, while life expenses are the same.

>>39566140
Fixing the teeth into healthy condition with no cavities and no infection is the work.

Teeth alignment with braces and white composite fillings is extra.

>>39566257
When no one (both people or insitutions) cares when people in society life a healthy life, this is what you get. Seriously what happens on this board has a statistical significance that goes way beyond mere personal failure. I am saying that occurrence of robots is systemic.
>>
>>39561520
>>39561693
the front three on th ebottom row

pic related, stronk ebin enamel
>>
>>39566304
I had to apply specifically to get my partial cleared, and they only did so after I had made it to every appointment on time and finished up my other work. You should ask your dentist or research it online. They don't always make it easy, but there are usually hidden options out there.
>>
>>39566257
Not him but my dentist described it to me like this: A lot of people just have shitty bones that are weak and prone to damage. There's a bunch of flora that live in your mouth naturally and if these people don't clean their mouths, when that flora eats sugar, it shits out acid and that acid damages their teeth much easier than it would other people.
>>
This thread made me have to get up and go brush. Also, everyone should invest in a Sonicare toothbrush or something similar. They clean your teeth and gums SO much better than manual brushing.
>>
>>39565603
>I'm entitled to the services of another person simply by existing

Eat shit you worthless piece of garbage
>>
>>39566647
I can't imagine how shitty your life must be to be so mad about basic human decency.
>>
>>39557158
I think 19 of my teeth presently have cavities. Pain comes and goes, is tolerable at the moment though I did have two teeth pulled recently which were infected and not so tolerable. Luckily for me the dentist offered to pull them for free since I was asking them to keep it as cheap as possible and when questioned answered that with no insurance and such I couldn't really afford to get much work done on my teeth. Will probably go in soon to get a couple filled or get some pulled with the money I saved through that. I'm no dentist but I imagine another between 2-4 are decayed to where I'll just have to pull them and can't have them fixed.
>>
>>39566745
>stealing from others to pay for your mistakes is human decency

No.
>>
File: 1403607290331.jpg (43KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1403607290331.jpg
43KB, 601x601px
>>39557158
>tfw ameriburger
>tfw can't afford affordable care
>>
>>39566866
>pay taxes into a society
>society helps you out down the road when you need it
kind of odd how hard americans get thrown into a rage at the idea of helping their fellow man
didn't their country have those ideals as a foundation?
>>
>Tfw starting to get buck teeth just as I started to get /fit/
>>
>>39566647
>Live in netherlands (assume its the same in germany)
>Entitled
I better be entitled im fucking forced to get a health care plan and my tax money goes towards it
>>
>>39567174
America now is not the America of old. Illegals get better treatment than those born and raised here.
>>
>>39567174
Nice emotional argument

That is literally never how it works in reality

Buy dental insurance.
>>
File: 1485903909744.png (290KB, 650x353px) Image search: [Google]
1485903909744.png
290KB, 650x353px
>>39567806
not for long friend
>>
>>39567806
What the fuck are you on about? They don't get welfare, or insurance, or anything like that. Stop believing memes, dipshit.
>>
>>39559999
those quads could have been rolled on a quality comment
>>
currently have an infection at the back of my mouth (which has spread to my jaw) and my eyes are watering from the pain. been on antibiotics for a couple of days and they aren't working so far
>>
>>39557807
those infected teeth, the infection can get to yer heart or brain you know and like kill you?
the more you know ;)
>>
File: DepressedHaruka.jpg (169KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
DepressedHaruka.jpg
169KB, 1366x768px
>>39557158
>have perfect gums
>dentist comments that I could be a gum model
>shit teeth genetics though
>highly acidic saliva
>doesn't matter how much I brush or floss because I will get cavities
>my cavities don't spread across the surface
>they are pinhole sized and go straight down to the root
>more likely to get root canals

I could have been a gum model if not for my shit teeth genetics
>>
>>39565685
not all dentists are psychos but thats one rare case of a crazy jewish dentist that abused and hurt kids, fuck that evil jew for doing that shit to children!
>>
you forgot to title the thread /britfeel/ nonce
>>
>>39567174
people always love to talk shit about and diss us native americans but we get free dental health care so fuck you crackers LOL
>>
>>39557158
My teeth are so straight and white it makes liberals upset
>>
File: stairs.jpg (325KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stairs.jpg
325KB, 1600x1200px
>soft teeth due to bad genetics
>ate a bunch of sweets all the time
>never brushed, flossed
>went crazy and stopped caring about tooth pain for about a year

All of this culminated into about 13 silver amalgam fillings in total, plus the back left molar yet to be extracted. It's been cracked and rotting for about a year and a half. I don't have much pain from it unless i get my nails up in there, and even then it's only a little spike. When I go in for it i'll get my wisdom teeth out too, one of them is turned to the side a bit so it's for the best.
>>
>>39568809
>went crazy and stopped caring about tooth pain for about a year
This is like a rite of passage to be a robot. Did the same shit.
>>
File: efd.jpg (40KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
40KB, 403x392px
>>39566957
>affordable care
>can't afford

I feel you brother. I'm never voting democrats again and I'm gonna primary out my retarded senator (McCain)
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.