[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it racist to request someone who speaks English better when

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1446181941475.jpg (75KB, 579x579px) Image search: [Google]
1446181941475.jpg
75KB, 579x579px
Is it racist to request someone who speaks English better when calling customer service and you get an Indian with a super thick accent?
>>
does this look like tumblr?
>>
Nah you need to discourage those companies from hiring Indians.
>>
>>39550981
No. Fuck any company that outsources a job where your only task is to speak to people and fill out forms to a country that doesn't share your language, let alone accent.
>>
>>39550981
>Is it racist to request someone who speaks English better when calling customer service and you get an Indian with a super thick accent?
Even if they are based in the US and the customer service rep is just really soft voiced, there's nothing wrong with asking for a different rep

Asking for a different rep just because they are Indian, however, would be racist
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n7ri9wfGAx1sos2va.png (150KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n7ri9wfGAx1sos2va.png
150KB, 500x500px
>>39550981
Ask for spanish
You will get some spic
then ask that spic for someone who speaks english

>t. spic
>>
>>39550981
>Get Indian on phone
>Spell my name out and speak slowly with all info
>Gets half of it wrong and leaves me stranded without a rental car reservation

Fucking indians
>>
>>39551240
>Asking for a different rep just because they are Indian, however, would be racist
how though theres a language barrier between the two of you the flow of communication is hindered greatly
>>
If you are legitimately struggling to understand them, no. Why should you suffer through a pointless phone call that can't do you any good? If you can understand them and ask for someone else anyways, then yes.
>>
>>39551494
>how though theres a language barrier between the two of you the flow of communication is hindered greatly
you clearly don't know shit about india

around 60-75% of Indians speak English as a first language
>>
>>39551708
With an accent thicker than a black girl's ass.
>>
Who gives a fuck if it's racist? Are you going to sit there listening to somebody you can't understand because you're afraid people will think you're racist if you don't?

Modern society is fucked in the head.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.